PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding WinZip...

Peter_20
08-03-2008, 04:59 PM
I installed WinZip some months ago, because I wanted to install some Nintendo emulators.
However, my trial period was over a while ago, and I never got to install a NES emulator.

I was just wondering if it's possible to erase WinZip and then re-install it, and get another trial period?
Or what should I do?

Momiji
08-04-2008, 01:50 AM
Get WinRAR instead. It keeps working even when the trial expires, and functions pretty much the same way WinZip does.

o_O
08-04-2008, 02:05 AM
Winzip continues to function after the trial period expires too. :p

I haven't used it in a while, but by now it probably keeps track of past trial periods, though I couldn't say for sure. Whatever the case, you can' beat 7zip - it uses a superior compression algorithm and is capable of dealing with all other widely used algorithms too (ace, zip, rar, arj, etc.).

EDIT: And it's free, no trial period. :p

Peter_20
08-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Well, WinZip refuses to let me use the Evaluation Method or whatever it's called, but I'll ty WinRAR, then. :p

crono_logical
08-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I agree with face - go with 7-zip (http://7-zip.org/), it's better than winrar, and being free open source, you don't even need to crack it like for winrar (which also has a trial period thing like winzip last time I used it) :p

rubah
08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
windows xp and later have a built-in zip/unzipping utility if you're using those.

Balzac
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Why even get winzip if you are on xp? It can already handle zip files just fine.