PDA

View Full Version : Ultima and Omega Weapon:

Jimmy87
08-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Was anyone else upset that these two were essentially the easiest bosses in the game? I have Tidus and Auron each dealing 9999 hp attacks each time and Rikku at about 7000. I cast haste with Tidus and these bosses fall like those damn dingos in Besaid when I went to collect them for the monster arena. Heck, I didnt even have time the first time to sub Kimhari in and use lancet to get Nova. I had to restart the PS2 and do the dungeon all over again. Each time, each boss only got in one hit on me. King Malboro and the Demonoliths were much stronger enemies in the dungeon. Anyone else pissed that these two monsters that are supposed to be bad ass were major pushovers in the game?

Formalhaut
08-04-2008, 12:16 AM
If you had break damage limit you could do up to 99999!! But yeah for the "hardest Boss" it weren't THAT hard.

Saber
08-04-2008, 02:37 AM
Well the only boss I thought was hard was Nemsis. He was virtually unbeatable to me. I had break HP MP DAMAGE limit on everyone but the only thing I could do was cast auto life on everyone and then when ever they died cast it again. I got to hit somewhere in between but it was still mad how hard he was. So I guess they made up for how easy Omega and ultima was.

FFIX Choco Boy
08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
In the international version, they are harder because they have more hp, but that's it. I still traverse the entire sphere grid before I verse them, so they are always easy. I have Yuna physically attack for 99999 on them. Also, I completly maxed my stats except for luck and Nemesis is easy for me. I kill him all the time for free Break HP 3/4 slot armor or free Break damage 3/4 slot weapons.

Jimmy87
08-04-2008, 04:15 PM
How do you get break damage?

Goldenboko
08-04-2008, 05:28 PM
How do you get break damage?

You can either get the Ultimate Weapons or find the proper items to put the "Break Damage Limit" option on your weapon yourself.

In all, I tried to fight them early so that way my party still found them a challenge, but it didn't really matter Nemesis/Penance is the real superboss anyway.

Fonzie
08-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Pff, I fought them just for bribing.

rubah
08-04-2008, 06:27 PM
they were hard for me the first time I played and was a nub :(

FFIX Choco Boy
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Another way to get Break Damage Limit is killing Nemesis, and if a weapon drops, BDL will ALWAYS be on it, and it will have 3 slots usually, but on rare occasions, it will have 4 slots.

Jimmy87
08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I hate fighting those created monsters. I hate not knowing how much damage I have left to do because it leaves me conservative on what I use. I usually have Rikku on haste doublecasting ultima and Yuna waiting with a grand summon, but I never know when to bring that in. I havent got Nemesis yet, however.

Goldenboko
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Another way to get Break Damage Limit is killing Nemesis, and if a weapon drops, BDL will ALWAYS be on it, and it will have 3 slots usually, but on rare occasions, it will have 4 slots.

Chances are if you can kill Nemesis you already have a break damage limit weapon. I can't imagine sitting through all of his HP without one.

As for the rest of the creations Jimmy87, most can be taken care of quite easily with some leveling, a break damage limit weapon and Attack Reels. Or, the Magus Sisters.

ultimated
08-08-2008, 03:45 AM
They were weak that what I thought aswell. They are no where near as hard as Penance

FFIX Choco Boy
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM

Chances are if you can kill Nemesis you already have a break damage limit weapon. I can't imagine sitting through all of his HP without one.

Actually, when I started killing Nemesis, I only had Nirvana, Godhand, and Excalibur for Tidus(name of his 4 slot customized BDL sword), so I battled him for the other 4 weapons. I only got Kimahri's in this fashion though, for the others I earned/created out of boredom.

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2008, 05:52 AM
The monster arena is where the real challenges are.

I found it pretty easy, but I only tried it when doing the Tidus only challenge, and by then he was pretty much invincible what with auto-life/haste/everyotherpositiveeffect