PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XV

Jimmy87
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
What would your storyline for Final Fantasy XV, the milestone, be?
For me, it would be a hodge podge. Bosses and the main villains from every previous installment would be brought together by a mysterious force that is attempting to bring all the worlds before it together to cause chaos. Two or 3 characters from each previous game would be sent through a rift to stop this, along with 2 or 3 new playable characters, and give you a large # of playable characters. Cloud and Tifa for example. The world map would be an amalgamation of the world maps from every previous game, until the final area which is all new where you encounter the force that is trying to bring all this destruction about.

Granted, Square probably wont do this, but I think it would a great side project(like Kingdom Hearts).

Yar
08-04-2008, 12:56 AM
What happens to XIV?

I don't think there'd be any crossing over, because all if the numbered installments take place in separate universes.

I think XV would be medieval though. Just like how IX and XII were. [/speculation]

But there is still a long, LONG time until then. ;)

Bahamut2000X
08-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Wait. You mean their doing this again? ('http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissidia:_Final_Fantasy')

Slothy
08-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Wait. You mean their doing this again? ('http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissidia:_Final_Fantasy')

I thought it sounded more like a mix of this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Crisis) and this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths)

Momiji
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Hmmmm... I think XV will have something to do with crystals, characters with unusual costumes that generally have way too many zippers, and one character that has a ridiculously huge sword. This character will be regarded as a badass, even if he is the biggest pansy since Cloud. Chances are there will be a character named Cid, who more than likely will have something to do with an airship.

The storyline will probably revolve around saving the world from an egotistical mastermind, a monster that destroys villages, an androgynous bishounen in a trenchcoat with mommy issues, an evil sorceress, etc. There will be moogles. There will be chocobos. There will be a few different love interests. Someone will probably die in the storyline.

As for specifics, I have no idea. :p

Dragonsoul
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
After having a futuristic Final Fantasy XIII and a modern Final Fantasy Versus XIII I think that Final Fantasy XIV will be closer to fantasy style like IX or the early FF's or not fantasy but closer like X or XII.

What style is Final Fantasy Agito XIII?

What about the mmorpg being developed by the Final Fantasy XI team, code named Rapture, I wonder if that will be a Fantasy style! :-)

Bahamut2000X
08-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I have little hopes of SE making any more fantasy FF's other then for simply throwing one together as an attempt to appease the original fan base and get cash from them.

Depression Moon
08-05-2008, 10:54 PM
I have no idea of what it could be, but I could probably say it's safe to say that they won't be doing another futurisitic one in a while. XV could be on a par with VII or VIII's world. FF's been here for a while now and I've always wondered why they haven't had a FF with a Moogle or chocobo in the party?

I would also like to see some more of those characters that represent unusual classes, like Alchemists, Beastmasters, Dancers, Gamblers, etc.

Slothy
08-06-2008, 03:16 AM
FF's been here for a while now and I've always wondered why they haven't had a FF with a Moogle or chocobo in the party?

You haven't played FFVI have you? I'm betting you haven't played Tactics either even though it's not a main series title.

Dragonsoul
08-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Final Fantasy primary and secondary numbered titles

Fantasy Style:
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IV: The After

New Main Style:
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI(or is this Fantasy[PLEASE RESPOND!!!]?)
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy Agito XIII(or is this Fantasy[PLEASE RESPOND!!!]?)
Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII/Rapture(or is this Fantasy[PLEASE RESPOND!!!]?)

Futuristic:
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
Final Fantasy XIII

Modern:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII

It's hard to fit them into categories, but that's a rough idea. Notice how Final Fantasy Versus XIII is all by itself. Please answer my questions about where FF XI, FF Agito XIII, and FF Haeresis XIII/Rapture goes? :choc2:!!!

ReloadPsi
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't get why people dispute that it can be Final Fantasy with a sci-fi setting. Fantasy means it's not real. The fi in sci-fi stands for fiction. That also means it's not real.

People seem to forget that fantasy doesn't have to be medieval with dragons and wizards, it's just become the commonly associated meaning.

Xalioniaf
08-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Depends on the starting nation. One's more modern, one's more medieval, and one's more fantastic. The storyline tends to be fantastic, though.

Also, I want chocobo breeding. Give me breeding in the next Final Fantasy, Square. That's the best sidequest ever.

Roto13
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Hmmmm... I think XV will have something to do with crystals, characters with unusual costumes that generally have way too many zippers, and one character that has a ridiculously huge sword. This character will be regarded as a badass, even if he is the biggest pansy since Cloud.

Nomura hasn't ruined a multiple of 3 yet, and that's why they're awesome. :P

I have little hopes of SE making any more fantasy FF's other then for simply throwing one together as an attempt to appease the original fan base and get cash from them.

Is that why it's taking Final Fantasy XIII like five years to get made?

Dragonsoul
08-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Depends on the starting nation. One's more modern, one's more medieval, and one's more fantastic. The storyline tends to be fantastic, though.

Also, I want chocobo breeding. Give me breeding in the next Final Fantasy, Square. That's the best sidequest ever.

This rules! Overall maybe it's in the same level as the early FF's? :choc2:?!

Xalioniaf
08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
People don't really give it a chance, but those that do have a tendency to get bored before they get to the meat of the game. I don't blame them.

Roto13
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I hate Chocobo breeding so much.

Slothy
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
You and me both.

Jimmy87
08-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I liked Chocobo breeding in FF7. Dont know why, probably because I was 13 and had nothing better to do.

Saber
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
What would your storyline for Final Fantasy XV, the milestone, be?
For me, it would be a hodge podge. Bosses and the main villains from every previous installment would be brought together by a mysterious force that is attempting to bring all the worlds before it together to cause chaos. Two or 3 characters from each previous game would be sent through a rift to stop this, along with 2 or 3 new playable characters, and give you a large # of playable characters. Cloud and Tifa for example. The world map would be an amalgamation of the world maps from every previous game, until the final area which is all new where you encounter the force that is trying to bring all this destruction about.

Granted, Square probably wont do this, but I think it would a great side project(like Kingdom Hearts).

Dissidia

Dragonsoul
08-07-2008, 05:52 AM
Final Fantasy XI? Yea it was great! Too bad I stopped playing and it's too late to go back now, I'm playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Starcraft 2 is coming out later. These games are hundreds of hours of playtime for me. :choc2:!!!

I'll make things right when Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII/Rapture comes out though! :-)!!!

sir helix
08-10-2008, 06:17 PM
final fantasy LXXX-2:the final crystel that plays music and summons a creature that is the offfspring of espers,aeons,edolins,guardian forces and a white haired drag queen named cyle part nine.......there iv ended the series lmao

[edit] wait the ff series will change its name to ultimate utopia for the 23rd title

Hyperion4444
08-11-2008, 03:25 AM
Where's FFXIV?
I don't think that FFVII is Futuristic, and neither is FFVIII (Except Esthar)
btw: don't you think FFXIII looks like Esthar's Cars?

You can certainly count on DragonSoul for his in-depth analysis.

Bolivar
08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't get why people dispute that it can be Final Fantasy with a sci-fi setting. Fantasy means it's not real. The fi in sci-fi stands for fiction. That also means it's not real.

People seem to forget that fantasy doesn't have to be medieval with dragons and wizards, it's just become the commonly associated meaning.

Probably also forgetting how FFI's wind shrine had you fighting robots operating computers.

Part of the fallacy is the fact that the idea of "progress" is so embedded in American and Western zeitgeist that anytime you see a machine in an RPG it means it's "futuristic". Society moves in different directions in different eras, and FF has always been exemplary of that.

I would actually like to see a game where all the FF directors contribute to different aspects, maybe different story archs or places, one each with Kitase & Ito, Tanaka, and Matsuno. Like this really done up, huge supergroup monumental FF. All the main artists like Nomura, Minaba, and T2. And like other FF's, have it different places - the technologically advanced civilization, a part where you make your way through barbarian territory, some villages, castles and such. Of course I'd like it to stay with the main theme, apocalyptic fiction, and an unseen villain, plenty of plot twists. That's about it.

And DEFINATELY Chocobo breeding.

Shadowdeathrose
08-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Theres no disputing that fact they all come under the "Fantasy" catagore.... hence the name "Final Fantasy " - But any number of things could become apparent in FF XV if they get that far. some of the action from Dirge of Cerberus was used in XIII so maybe we can see more of previous FF's

black orb
08-15-2008, 05:42 AM
>>> FF 15, It will be an awesome adventure where our heroes will travel to outer space..