PDA

View Full Version : So, WTH was the BIG announcement?

Cyric
08-04-2008, 04:40 AM
There was plenty of hype about day 1 of the SE event, but i can't find anything substantial on Day 2 when they were going to make the announcement...:confused:

Yar
08-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Most of us have come to realize it must have been the XIII demo.

Wow, their biggest news is a demo. Why don't they just rename themselves Procrastination Gaming... :/

Cyric
08-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Most of us have come to realize it must have been the XIII demo.

Wow, their biggest news is a demo. Why don't they just rename themselves Procrastination Gaming... :/

The problem is, almost everybody knew about the demo before the SE event. For some reason, I can just see the SE people on their way out of the building, stopping in mid-stride and saying, "$#!T!!! We forgot to make the announcement! Oh well, I guess they'll be REALLY surprised now."

Yar
08-04-2008, 07:58 AM
The problem is, almost everybody knew about the demo before the SE event. For some reason, I can just see the SE people on their way out of the building, stopping in mid-stride and saying, "$#!T!!! We forgot to make the announcement! Oh well, I guess they'll be REALLY surprised now."

That's actually kind of what "happened" at E3 with XIII going to 360, but it was obviously an act. :p

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2008, 04:53 AM
;_;

I was hoping for a remake to be announced...on the Wii....

:kaobeg2:

Dragonsoul
08-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I was hoping that Square Enix would reveal more information about the mmorpg in development by the Final Fantasy XI team, code named Rapture. I was hoping it would be also given the title of Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII. Let's see what happens at the Tokyo Game Show

My thinking...
SE's June Xbox 360 event was a warmup for E3, which was a warmup for their August event, which is a warmup for the Tokyo Game Show. I'm really hoping we get some huge news at TGS. Later this year there is Jump Festa also, which could have information. Final Fantasy XIII may be released in Japan before E3 2009. :-D

Dreddz
08-16-2008, 09:36 PM
The thing is with the hype surrounding Square Enix's announcements was that Square were the ones hyping it saying it would be 'huge' and 'shocking. It was neither of those and may have no relevance to anyone outside of Japan. Thanks Square.