PDA

View Full Version : Buy Pixeljunk Eden

Dreddz
08-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Just downloaded it now and have only played maybe 20 minutes. I have never played any previous Pixeljunk game but I really liked the visual style of this one and £5 isn't much so I thought why not.

I have to say that this is one of the best games on the PS3 from what I've played, the visuals and music make it one of the most immersive games Ive played in a while. The gameplay is solid but its everything else that makes this game so great. I'm probably going to keep Soul Calibur IV on hold to play this game some more.

Because the game is so cheap I don't think anyone with a PS3 has an excuse not to buy it.

Momiji
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
What kind of game is it?

Dreddz
08-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Just watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uutttk4AT0) Another handy feature is that you can record yourself playing. Not that I have any use for it.

Roto13
08-04-2008, 11:04 PM
My excuse is that I don't have a credit card and I'm not borrowing one for the sake of a game.

Bolivar
08-04-2008, 11:18 PM
After hearing about it for months, seeing demos, and watching interviews where people attempt to explain it, I was left with absolutely no idea what the game actually was. Even in interviews, people would get embarassed and say "well, i really can't explain it."

So thanks for the video, Dreddz. It explained a little, while still raising so many more questions. Maybe I'll check it if I get bored one day.

Dreddz
08-05-2008, 12:39 AM
It's kinda hard to know what this game is about from watching videos. You'd probably think it was like flOw and didn't have much structure and was simply an arty game. But there's definitely a game in there, and for £5 it's got enough content.

The game is quite tough, I haven't gotten too far but from what I've heard the last few Gardens (there baisically the levels) are really challenging. There's also multiplayer but its offline only.

I was about to play some more but ended up playing Croyles at some Soul Calibur instead. I think Ill really start playing the game properly tomorrow.

Roto13
08-05-2008, 12:43 AM
I think I'm going to download the demo. Couldn't hurt, right?

Croyles
08-05-2008, 12:47 AM
It's kinda hard to know what this game is about from watching videos. You'd probably think it was like flOw and didn't have much structure and was simply an arty game. But there's definitely a game in there, and for £5 it's got enough content.

The game is quite tough, I haven't gotten too far but from what I've heard the last few Gardens (there baisically the levels) are really challenging. There's also multiplayer but its offline only.

I was about to play some more but ended up playing Croyles at some Soul Calibur instead. I think Ill really start playing the game properly tomorrow.

You beat me to a pulp!

I tried the demo to this game and was pretty interested. Not sure if it will top PixelJunk Monsters (go get that game now!) but I might buy it. I just have too many games to play at the moment. GT5P, MGO, Soul Calibur, Siren: Blood Curse and more. I like concentrating on one game at a time :(

From what I played the game was pretty hard. But then I only played like 15 minutes.

Dreddz
08-05-2008, 12:49 AM
There was a demo!? Never saw that. I would of bought the game anyway considering it's so cheap but I'm the kind of guy who tries before he buys. Well at least I didn't spoil any of the game I suppose.

You beat me to a pulp!
To your credit you did win some rounds, even if you were spamming with Maxi :P

JKTrix
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
I would totally buy this if Sony wanted to take money from me. (I can't buy anything from any of the 3 services, but at least MS and 10do have points cards I can buy here.) The demo really interested me, and the whole PixelJunk franchise is growing into greatness.