PDA

View Full Version : The tornadoes are coming O.O

Woodinator
08-05-2008, 05:35 AM
So the Chicagoland area just got nailed by tornado-spawning storms. I was at a friends house when the power went out and we heard a swirling, howling noise outside and we were told to go in the basement. We thought it was a tornado siren, but apparently it was the wind O.o Turns out the clouds were circulating above us and tornadoes touched down in nearby towns.

So how do you feel about bad storms? Have any good experiences? Personally I love them and I really want to see a tornado sometime...so I was a little dissapointed there wasn't one tonight (Yeah I know I'm nuts), but I'm glad at the same time since no one around me got hurt or had property destroyed. Last one that hit my town hit when I was 2, so obviously I don't remember it. Came within a two blocks of my house too XD

Jessweeee♪
08-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Whenever I move to another town, a tornado damages the house I used to live in >.>

Last time it was a house that was right next to Pizza Hut! And across the street from KFC and Hardees and La Gondola. And next to some kind of shop. I forget the kind. All of the windows in the house and Pizza Hut broke.

Storms are neat, but they're prettier up north 'cause of that eerie yellow that's everywhere.

Momiji
08-05-2008, 05:47 AM
I live in northeastern Indiana, and I've been seeing a lot of lightning and hearing a lot of thunder... maybe I should wake everyone up if everything takes a turn for the worse.

As for me, I like thunderstorms, but I'm not so fond of tornadoes, though I'm never really concerned when we get watches and warnings for them.

bipper
08-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Storms rock. I always stand out in them.

We had one in New Richmond when I was living there and I had to stand out in it. The winds picked up to 79 miles per hour which was strong enough to pick me up and whip me into the side of the house, resulting in some siding cracking in the shape of a bipper. It was pretty much awesome.

Aside from that, I have yet to see a tornado :(

rubah
08-05-2008, 07:21 AM
it's storming nicely right now; steady rain and lightning arcing across the sky. hsu and I sat out on the porch for a while just listening, smelling, watching

Initial Fantasy
08-05-2008, 07:46 AM
I love it when the power goes out and you can hear the sound of rain slamming against the windows and the thunder outside. I love to light a few candles and just sit curled under a blanket reading some book.

Yar
08-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Damn storms knocked out the power during my playing of XI. I was effectively disconnected. :mad2:

rubah
08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
okay so it THUNDERED AND LIGHTNINGED REALLY LOUDLY ALL THE TIME FROM ABOUT 6AM TO 9AM IT WAS REALLY LOUD AT SOME POINTS

but I wasn't scared! I just was sleepy xD

hsu on the other hand~~~~~~

Yar
08-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Last night I heard a real big crash. Our tree fell to the road, which makes me believe it was hit by lightning. It's not the first time it's happened to us. :|

Roogle
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
I am fond of weather like thunderstorms, tornadoes, tropical storms, and hurricanes. I dislike the fact that it destroys and interrupts daily life, but, at the same time, it is good to know that there are some things that we, as society, cannot schedule and control.

Goldenboko
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Lightning hit our house the other day. It blew out some batteries attached to the Alarm and Thermostat and stuff, but no major damage.

Quindiana Jones
08-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Tornadoes? In the Windy City? Stop messing us about! ;)

I love storms. I think it's well worth keeping storms, even with the chances of death and damage to property and animals. Y'know...because if we wanted to! We could totally boot storms out of Earth! xD

Lawr
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Hooray for Midwestern storms! I didn't lose my power, but the station I was watching interrupted the program to tell us to hide in shelter.

Quindiana Jones
08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Hooray for Midwestern storms! I didn't lose my power, but the station I was watching interrupted the program to tell us to hide in shelter.

I laughed surprisingly hard at that.

Lawr
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM
What's so surprisingly funny?

Quindiana Jones
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Just the "I didn't lose my power". I imagined you having superpowers and being struck by lightning and shaking it off and truc. It made me chuckle painfully. :D

Akaria
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I love thunderstorms!! I live in central Minnesota, around St. Paul and Minneapolis, and so far we haven't seen anything too terribly major. It's really kind of depressing, and every time it starts to get a little cloudy, I feel a feeble hope that it'll turn into a huge storm. I just really want something big, something to turn the sky green and yellow, to pelt gigantic drops of rain against the windows and knock out the power for a couple hours, then to hear the siren...:love:

Then again, it was really foggy out last night as my friends and I were trying to blow up a bouncy ball with glittery liquid and a blinky thing inside it with mortars, and I genuinely hoped the street lights would go out and the Silent Hill siren to begin going off. They began talking about how they would drop everything and run, or put a mortar in their mouth and light it...I was expressing my excitement to see Pyramid Head. I love scary freaky stuff:heart:

Araciel
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
We don't get tornadoes in paradise.

Randgris
08-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I have never seen a tornado in real life. Is it really scary?

Wow we now have a tornado warning system! :eek:

:eek: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAGASA) <- *click

But this shouldn't be... :eek: