PDA

View Full Version : R.A. Salvatore wants a Drizzt Do'Urden movie

Cyric
08-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Straight from the camel's mouth..so-to-speak...
YouTube - R. A. Salvatore Interview 1x04 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ecN4kJTql4)

For the full interview:
YouTube - f4wb4b's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/f4wb4b)

Araciel
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
So?

Ouch!
08-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm with Araciel on this. Also straight from the camel's mouth, so to speak... R. A. Salvatore has no control over whether or not Drizzt ever sees the big screen. As a result, him desiring to see Drizzt there has no bearing on whether or not it'll ever happen.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-05-2008, 08:51 PM
They made a Dragonlance movie. An incredibly poorly animated Dragonlance movie, but a Dragonlance movie nonetheless. It's a possibility, at least. Faerun is one of the most profitable campaign settings in the D&D universe, and Drizzt is one of if not the most popular characters IN the setting. If this starts stirring up fan anticipation, they might give it a shot.

Araciel
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Fanticipation (sorry) has been high for a Drizzt movie for at least a decade, but we all know that the fans are at least 90% fanboys, and any such film would be torn asunder both by critics and those people on the internet.

While I myself don't mind Drizzt, I'd much rather see a more general FR movie with cameos by such characters.

Raistlin
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
They made a Dragonlance movie.

Don't remind me.

Araciel
08-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Lawl @ the cutting edge CG in DL movie.

Gilghamut
08-10-2008, 12:28 AM
I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it?

But, I wouldn't mind seeing a Drizzt movie, the action will definitely be top notched I would think. I would find it awesome to watch a live-action movie with a dark elf ranger slicing and dicing his way through hordes of Orcs and Demons with Icingdeath and Twinkle.

CimminyCricket
08-10-2008, 12:41 AM
If it were to be well done, I would be exciting.

Raistlin
08-10-2008, 02:15 AM
I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Gilghamut
08-10-2008, 03:58 AM
I haven't seen the DL movie, but it isn't worse then say, that *twitches* Dungeons and Dragons......*gasps, twitches* thought I was gonna faint there from the horrid memories. It's not worse than that movie is it.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Good god, how can people be so cruel as to make something even more atrocious than Dungeons and Dragons *suppresses vomit*. Such sad world we live in. I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry for a bit. :whimper:

Raistlin
08-10-2008, 04:04 AM
The DL movie has no real development at all, for the plot or characters. The plot moves so fast and choppy that it's borderline nonsensical even for someone who knows, in depth, the plot of the entire book. It's bad.

Cyric
08-11-2008, 10:19 AM

Yes. Yes, it is.

Good god, how can people be so cruel as to make something even more atrocious than Dungeons and Dragons *suppresses vomit*. Such sad world we live in. I think I'm gonna go sit in a corner and cry for a bit. :whimper:

Rejoice! Cuz Dungeons & Dragons 2 (a B-movie) was much better than the hollywood violation. Ellie Chidzey's f'ing HOTT too.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5169/1267/320/lux008.jpg

Here's more on the movie itself:
watch tHe skies ยป Dungeons & Dragons 2 and the absence of fantasy films following Lord Of The Rings (http://www.watchtheskies.co.uk/movies/dungeons-dragons-2-and-the-absence-of-fantasy-films-following-lord-of-the-rings/)

Shronz_Thegreat
08-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Ah! The DnD movie was horrid, and I saw the DL movie in blockbuster, almost rented it. Good thing I didn't ;)

And a Drizzt movie would be extremely good...if like...Peter Jackson did it.

Cyric
08-12-2008, 06:07 AM
And a Drizzt movie would be extremely good...if like...Peter Jackson did it.

No. LOTR is Peter Jackson's movie. I'm thinking somebody that's used to making dark movies, like Niel Marshall (The Descent, Doomsday). As for who would play Drizzt? Luke Goss (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0331577/), from his role in Hellboy 2, would be PERFECT for a Drow character, but maybe he'd be more suited for Zaknafein. I know 1 person I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY DO NOT WANT to play Drizzt, and that is ORLANDO "NO-ACTING-TALENT-WHATSOEVER" BLOOM!!!

Araciel
08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Rejoice! Cuz Dungeons & Dragons 2 (a B-movie) was much better than the hollywood violation.

That's not saying much.

Cyric
08-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Rejoice! Cuz Dungeons & Dragons 2 (a B-movie) was much better than the hollywood violation.

That's not saying much.

Agreed. But for anybody that's a fan of D&D, it's worth a watch. Another good fantasy B-movie, albeit not D&D, is Curse Of The Ring. Make sure you get the 3-hour version instead of the North American version which is only about 2-hours (aka Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King). I had to buy the Australian version off eBay to get it, and it includes scenes that are actually really critical to the story. The beginning will make you think of Dragonslayer from the early-80s (if you ever saw it), but after that it really starts to pick up.
For once, Kristanna Loken was an EXCELLENT choice for her character, once you get past the beginning that is. :)

OH YEAH! And for the D&D 2 movie, you get to see Drow in their movie debut. It's for only 6-seconds, and they're dead, BUT STILL! DROW!

Araciel
08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Well I saw D&D2...Didn't like it from a basic film standpoint because it was super cheesy, but I'll agree it represents D&D cliches far better than D&D did.

Also, D&D had beholders...so...yeah.

Neosin
05-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Dude! Ive wanted to see a Drizzt movie ever since i read the books (1 & 2 to be precise) that'd be like a dream come true for me :D

Jings
05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
At least if there was a Drizzt movie, I wouldn't have to read about all the sword fighting. Salvatore's books are just way too descriptive in that area. I think Drizzt would make a pretty horrible transition to the big screen actually.

Clo
05-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Eh, I wouldn't see it. He was okay, but not that okay.

escobert
08-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I love the books to death but I don't see them being good for the big screen,

Bunny
08-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Has anyone pointed out that the videos in the OP are 4 years old?