PDA

View Full Version : getting yuffie

mindfray
08-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Well i found out you can get yuffie by getting random battles in forest areas. found out after i got out of the prison and won the chocobo race.

am i still able to get yuffie on disk 2 or 3? or still on the first disk?

i could not use the forests in the gogongo area because the frog gangs were severly agitating me, using frog jab and frog song every five seconds.

right now im going to mt nible after the who getting vincent thing.

am i still able to get yuffie?

Rostum
08-05-2008, 10:30 AM
You can get her in the forest areas just before you reach Junon. Will be much easier than dealing with those frogs.

Carl the Llama
08-05-2008, 10:51 AM
You can get Yuffie at any point after you see the first wooded area, at any point in the game: my first play through I didnt get her till the very end lol.

PeneloRatsbane
08-05-2008, 12:00 PM
I like to get her before u get Vincent cos shes really sarcy with him when u meet him, its good for some giggles.
It took me ages to find her this playthru tho, i was about to give up and as i reached for the off switch she appeared, typical!

Saber
08-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Before anything else head to the forest patch and fight there until you reach a mysterious ninja. Defeat her and follow the instructions.
1) Don’t ever use the save point or open your menu. If you do fight in the forest til you meet her again.
2) talk to her and answer “not interested”
3) talk to her again and answer “petrified”
4) then reply “wait a second”
5) reply “that’s right”
6) then reply “lets hurry on”

FFIX Choco Boy
08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Sora_Lion_Heart is right, and she can appear in ANY forrest in the game. The 1st playthru of the game I did, I got her when I was getting Zeio Nuts, I was like, "Dude, that doesn't look like a goblin..." Got the right answers 1st try too without a guidebook.

Big D
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I always get Yuffie as early as possible - from the forests near Fort Condor - in order to see as many of her 'character moments' as possible during cut-scenes. Also, getting her early is helpful, if not crucial, in securing her as Cloud's date at the Gold Saucer.

Carl the Llama
08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I always get Yuffie as early as possible - from the forests near Fort Condor - in order to see as many of her 'character moments' as possible during cut-scenes. Also, getting her early is helpful, if not crucial, in securing her as Cloud's date at the Gold Saucer.

actully thats not nessisary, you can get her justbefore you go to the gold saucer and still have her as your date, how you ask, its simple: answer 4/5 of her questions right and you will get 8 points of affection for it simply repete this over and over as many times as you wish.

Big D
08-06-2008, 02:10 PM
That's really cool, I never knew that.
But still, I like what she adds to the cutscenes around Junon and other locations, so I prefer getting her early for that reason too.

PeneloRatsbane
08-08-2008, 12:23 AM
i like when shes being a t.v reporter in Junon.
and when she robs you its just funny to see Vincents fury "Inexcusable!!!" he makes me laugh the most, like when he calls Cid "chief" or something on the train and when Reno tells them to load the sub and he goes "I refuse"
as if he thought that he was actually being told to do it. I never found him so amusing before but he just cracks me up the random stuff he comes out with

FFIX Choco Boy
08-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I guess I should do a Vincent/Yuffie party play thru then, I've never played thru with them as my 2 subordinates, it's usually Barret and Nanaki.

PeneloRatsbane
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
neither had i, i always had Tifa and Yuffie. but i've been using yuffie and vincent this time around and they crack me up.
when u first get Vincent he says something like "oh i'm not going to tell you my story" or something along that lines and Yuffie goes, "Oh don't worry, it was probably depressing anyway."
haw haw haw cos its so true, but still so harsh

hanawa
08-11-2008, 07:19 AM
I like it when she tries to persuade Cloud to sign the 'materia contract' on highwind, wherein if cloud signed the contract, all materias will be yuffie's.
But since Cloud cannot read on any transport due to nauseousness, his materias are safe.
LOL...

PeneloRatsbane
08-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I love chattin to them on the highwind, they come out with such crazy stuff.
when Vincent is talking about Ancients and he says maybe in the future people will look back at them as Ancients oneday and then goes
"Hwa hah ha ha"
initaiting himself into the club of weird laughs

ReloadPsi
08-14-2008, 03:51 PM
You can even meet Yuffie on the island in the northeast corner of the world map where the Knights Of The Round Materia is located. Makes you wonder why she didn't grab it herself and use it on you.

DarkBahamut
08-15-2008, 11:01 PM
You may get Yuffie at any time of the game...But I suppose you should get her early in the game because she is very useful in boss battles. Plus her limit breaks are worth your time. As, I was saying...She is helpful in the Materia Keeper battle because of her "Healing Tranquil," (For those who don't know, that is Yuffie's 1st level, 2nd limit break) in the middle of the battle. Plus, Yuffie is funny as hell! :)