PDA

View Full Version : Seller's Remorse.

Calliope
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Dealing with buyer's remorse is easy. Get a refund, or earn more money. What about seller's remorse, hm? Namely:

-A tiki of significant cultural value which I parted with on the grounds that it was made out of bone (really, 12 year olds shouldn't be allowed to decide this sort of thing)
-A very, very valuable antique globe ($7? Sure!)

and more recently:
-My entire Travis/Coldplay discography (WHY? WHY?)
-Various fossils and ephemera (I can't afford to ship rocks to America)
-My bicycle and my Sega Master System 2 (I haven't sold these yet, but I'm going to have to, and it's going to suck)

I wander around my living room, picking up things and chanting; I don't need this :D

Okay, folks. Your turn! Any stories of going back to the school gala to retrieve your bravely-donated ponies and teddies?

Caraliz
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Buyer's remorse is more of a bitch than seller's remorse for me as I don't sell things I know I'm going to miss. Actually, I don't sell things very much if at all. I still have every video game I've ever purchased, every dvd, every cd, etc.

Calliope
08-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to imagine how many CDs I would have if I kept every CD I ever bought. I think my brain just exploded.

Luckily (or not), I appear to be built with some sort of instant "STOP! TOO MUCH STUFF! START GETTING RID OF STUFF!" mechanism. It's kind of a pain, but only when looking backwards.

Jiro
08-05-2008, 11:14 AM
The only time I regretted doing something like this (that I can think of) was when I traded my Digimon for Pokemon cards :D
I think I was like 8

Rantz
08-05-2008, 11:25 AM
I switched my NES for a Sega Game Gear back in the day. Worst decision of my life :(

Caraliz
08-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm trying to imagine how many CDs I would have if I kept every CD I ever bought. I think my brain just exploded.

Luckily (or not), I appear to be built with some sort of instant "STOP! TOO MUCH STUFF! START GETTING RID OF STUFF!" mechanism. It's kind of a pain, but only when looking backwards.
I guess it's all a matter of relativity. I've never been a big CD buyer-- in fact, the last CD I bought was probably when I was about 14. The only thing I buy a lot is video games and I don't even have that many, tbh. Dvd's sometimes too.

I just can't bring myself to part with things unless they're completely trashed or nasty. It could always be useful later on! I am a packrat. I will probably die with a basement full of antique mannequins.

Balzac
08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
I never sell anything. Even in the times when I needed money badly, I wouldn't sell anything because I knew I'd hate myself if I did.

Old Manus
08-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I sold my virginity and got herpes

Peegee
08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
It's not so much my remorse as it was a series of 'WHY DID YOU SELL MY TOYS MOM!?!?!111' throughout my youth.

Zeldy
08-05-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't think I've ever sold anything of mine, wow xD All my old clothes and toys are passed down to my younger cousins. I don't really buy that much now though, the odd CD, but I like keeping them.

Shlup
08-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't think of anything, but I know BJ regrets selling his old Ninja Turtle toys at a yard sale a decade or so ago.

escobert
08-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm so horrible with selling my stuff. I sell everything xD

rubah
08-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I got a stuffed bunny from my aunt and uncle for easter one year and decided I HATED IT.

so when my mom asked for stuffed animals to donate to our new puppy to chew on, I eagerly volunteered it.

Later, I picked the sad remnants of the blue easter bunny and while hiding it from Tyge, regretted ever giving him up.

Yamaneko
08-05-2008, 05:58 PM
I was sad when I sold my cellar to a solar store.

Breine
08-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I sold my NES including games like Kirby's Adventure, Lemmings, Battletoads, Super Mario 1 and Super Mario 3 back when I was a kid. I have no idea why I did it, but it sucks mighty hard that I did! Ugh, I wish I'd never ever sold it!

Vermachtnis
08-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I used to be really bad at selling stuff. I still regret selling Dark Cloud 2 and my Genisis. But I don't have that problem now, I hoard everything.

Miriel
08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm a huge packrat, so I don't really sell stuff.

But I imagine that whatever remorse I have over selling stuff would be quickly taken care of by the money coming in from the sales. Money is good.

Randgris
08-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't regret selling my stiff to other people. Frankly I don't remember selling anything that I terribly miss. NONE. I tend to break/misplace/forget about them overtime.

Caraliz
08-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm so horrible with selling my stuff. I sell everything xD
Seriously. You need to stop. One day you'll wander over to my stuff and just sell all of it and I will have to falcon punch you.