PDA

View Full Version : FF7 remake Best Buy

bdon333
08-06-2008, 01:43 AM
this has been popping up everywhere on the internet...prolly photo shop but heres the pic and article

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k420/bdonx3/boomybestbuyps3.jpg

Final Fantasy VII: Best Buy Advertising Final Fantasy VII PS3 (http://kotaku.com/5032652/best-buy-advertising-final-fantasy-vii-ps3)

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2008, 01:48 AM
That would be pretty darn cool if a remake was just suddenly released like SURPRISE :</>D! But that's just too unbelievable xD

A misprint or photoshop for sure ;_;

At any rate...we'll see on the sixteenth xD

Roto13
08-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I think that's actually real. But it's very wrong.

Rostum
08-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Either a misprint or it could be that FFVII will be available from the PSN for download.

Roto13
08-06-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't think stores advertise PSN content. :P

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2008, 01:54 AM
That seems really possible...but you'd think we'd have some news other than this photo, though :confused:

Rostum
08-06-2008, 02:16 AM
I don't think stores advertise PSN content. :P

Oh okay, well then it's probably just a mistake. Either that or Square are sneaky little bitches...

Yar
08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
The date itself tells me it's wrong. August 16th is a Saturday, and games are pretty much always released on Tuesdays. Even if it were to be released on a day other than a Tuesday, it is even less likely it'd be a Saturday, unless the date has something to special to do with it. I see no correlation between 8/16 and VII.

Hyperion4444
08-06-2008, 02:34 AM
I think it's the PSN version.
but it doesn't explain why Bestbuy would have it in there store...
(Because it would be a downloadable content that's restricted to store)

Xalioniaf
08-06-2008, 02:41 AM
Maybe it's a rerelease of the PS1 version.

bdon333
08-06-2008, 03:06 AM
if this isnt photoshopped...im not sure what it is...large corps. usually dont just misprint things like that...but u nvr know

Saber
08-06-2008, 03:25 AM
I hope they do make a remake, but I would want them to do a old version to new version save thing.

Momiji
08-06-2008, 04:50 AM
I think it's safe to say that the sign is shopped or miserably mistaken, since they make no mention of other PSN releases. Also, there is no way a remake would be released in less than two weeks from now. It just isn't possible-- not to mention you silly fans would be salivating waterfalls weeks beforehand.

According to the Best Buy website, the only releases coming out in the week that the sign mentions Final Fantasy are:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/nope.jpg

Xalioniaf
08-06-2008, 05:14 AM
How bad is it that now they expect you to buy overpriced collector's editions every year instead of just roster updates?
Silly EA Sports.

Jessweeee♪
08-06-2008, 06:07 AM
I think it's safe to say that the sign is shopped or miserably mistaken, since they make no mention of other PSN releases. Also, there is no way a remake would be released in less than two weeks from now. It just isn't possible-- not to mention you silly fans would be salivating waterfalls weeks beforehand.

According to the Best Buy website, the only releases coming out in the week that the sign mentions Final Fantasy are:

BIG IMAGE

No Hannah Montana?

D:

Magixion
08-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Hannah Montana is what caught my attention. Totally just kidding. But I really have seen Miley Cyrus in concert xD she performed here, along with The Blue Man Group, for a big celebration we have around my hometown for the 4th of July.

About the pic though, my guess is that it is shopped, but whoever did it did a damn good job.

Dragonsoul
08-06-2008, 07:38 AM
How bad is it that now they expect you to buy overpriced collector's editions every year instead of just roster updates?
Silly EA Sports.

WTH, $90 for a collectors edition, and it comes out each year? I want them to do a $10 update or something, and have less full versions of the game.

Hehehe, I don't play it so I won't worry though. Where's Bioshock for PS 3! :choc2:!!!

Hyperion4444
08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Ok.
I knew it was the PSN version of the game coming to the PSS for the PS3 and likely to PSP too. Exclusif to PlayStation. (PS3)

demondude
08-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Here is some huge news! It might confirm what we've all been waiting for. (http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/)

Seriously you shouldn't ever believe things like the picture, and your dumb if you clicked on the link.

EDIT: Blah blah blah There are pictures like this all over the internet you'd have to be really gullible to believe them all.

Heath
08-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Here is some huge news! It might confirm what we've all been waiting for. (http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/)

Seriously you shouldn't ever believe things like the picture, and your dumb if you clicked on the link.

Now the question I really have to ask myself is: Can I be bothered to PM Leeza with a link to that post? :D

I imagine FFVII will be re-released at some point, but I'd have thought they'd do it either through PSN or as PSP game in order to maximise the profit on it, because a lot of people would pay to play it again and it would be fairly lucrative.

demondude
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Please do. xD

Momiji
08-07-2008, 04:57 PM

Now the question I really have to ask myself is: Can I be bothered to PM Leeza with a link to that post? :D

If you don't, I will.

demondude
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't tell me you fell for that one AGAIN?

Momiji
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice--wait, you didn't.

You're too predictable. However, what you posted has nothing to do with this thread, so I'd be happy to report it if you don't fix it. :heart:

demondude
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Fine I'll fix it.

Dolentrean
08-10-2008, 11:35 AM
XD, momiji is upholding justice and DD is being amusing., and I am spamming, Hurray!

Ok ok ok, on topic. I stopped caring about any news about VII until I hear something solid for Square you would all do well to do the same.

By solid I mean: "Hey everyone watching this official press release brought to you by us Square-Enix! That’s right, the people who make Final Fantasy! Speaking of Final Fantasy, so any of you remember that little ditty we threw together a few years back, I think it was VII if I recall... Well, anyways, We are remaking it, mark your calendar, here is our official release date!

Yah... that is the kind of news I will believe.

PeneloRatsbane
08-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Why are there so many people who are so huffy, sure there isn't a remake right now but whats the problem with some people wanting. i mean why so bitter. is it really that u have social issues or what?
I don't mean to come of as being catty but i am genuinely interested in what makes some people tick

Elly
08-10-2008, 02:20 PM
no it's not because of social issues, for me it's mostly because people keep coming to the boards month after month, year after year, with something like the PS3 Tech Demo trying to spread rumors of a remake, after 3+ years it gets tiring trying to correct all these people who refuse to believe that square said they don't have the time or manpower to make one at the moment, we're all waiting for a remake anouncement but all the unfounded rumors get a bit ludicrous sometimes... then of course the camps are devided between those that want a true reamake and those that want something completely different but still call it a VII remake...

Hyperion4444
08-10-2008, 03:28 PM
About that FFVII Tech Demo. Someone posted additional Screenshots that looked like the FFVII Tech Demo but thoses Screen shots weren't in the tech demo.
Like as if Square-Enix was working on additional pieces of FFVII that you never saw before that leads to the conclution that it might be a remake of FFVII.

By the way, I read an article on the internet that said that Final Fantasy VII original would be released in August exclusive to the PSN.

PeneloRatsbane
08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
yeah i see wat u mean, but why not just ignore it? i guess i just can't see the point of getting ticky about it.
but then again i know wot u mean about ludicrous rumours

Momiji
08-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Why are there so many people who are so huffy, sure there isn't a remake right now but whats the problem with some people wanting. i mean why so bitter. is it really that u have social issues or what?
I don't mean to come of as being catty but i am genuinely interested in what makes some people tick

no it's not because of social issues, for me it's mostly because people keep coming to the boards month after month, year after year, with something like the PS3 Tech Demo trying to spread rumors of a remake, after 3+ years it gets tiring trying to correct all these people who refuse to believe that square said they don't have the time or manpower to make one at the moment, we're all waiting for a remake anouncement but all the unfounded rumors get a bit ludicrous sometimes... then of course the camps are devided between those that want a true reamake and those that want something completely different but still call it a VII remake...

That's one explanation.

Mine however is different: I've said plenty of times before that I don't like FFVII and I see no reason to have a remake of it. It already gets too much attention as it is. The only way I'd ever justify a remake is if you correct all of the mistakes and fill in the plot holes in the original story-- but that wouldn't really make it FFVII anymore at that point, if you ask me.

Also, I have the same opinion of 80% of the FFVII fanbase as I do 100% of the Naruto fanbase (Believe it!). A remake would cause a boost in fandom, thus also boosting the obsession and never-shutting-the-hell-uppiness significantly. It's a petty reason, really, but it's more than enough exasperation than it's worth.

PeneloRatsbane
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
yeah but thats sad. i don't mean in the lame way i mean in the a emotion way. Its sad that you can't just let people enjoy what they enjoy. why the need for a vendetta. theres plenty of popular stuff that i don't like but i don't go round complaining that other people like it. just seems like a waste of time, i mean does it change anything? nope, does it make you feel any better? i certainly hope not, it would be a little distressing if it did.
I see fandom as being something for fun and if it isn't fun then its a waste of time

but then again each to there own, its nothing personal, i just find it an interesting, perphaps a negative side effect of modern times and the internet and what not

Momiji
08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
yeah but thats sad. i don't mean in the lame way i mean in the a emotion way. Its sad that you can't just let people enjoy what they enjoy. why the need for a vendetta. theres plenty of popular stuff that i don't like but i don't go round complaining that other people like it. just seems like a waste of time, i mean does it change anything? nope, does it make you feel any better? i certainly hope not, it would be a little distressing if it did.
I see fandom as being something for fun and if it isn't fun then its a waste of time

but then again each to there own, its nothing personal, i just find it an interesting, perphaps a negative side effect of modern times and the internet and what not

People can enjoy whatever the hell they want, I don't care. I don't complain that people like it, I complain because they don't shut up about it and act like FFVII is the best thing ever (It seems that a remake would be like the second coming of Christ to them) and everything else sucks-- and that I'm not allowed to say my part in it without being in the center of a case of misguided rage-- also known as fanboys acting like asses for no reason other than I said I don't like their silly silver-haired bishounen with a black trenchcoat, big sword, and mommy issues.

And I have no 'vendetta' against FFVII. I tend not to like things that get too much undeserved attention in general. Am I just a jaded gamer? Perhaps. That doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion though, no matter how bitter I am toward it.

ReloadPsi
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Remember that a lot of game shops kept claiming to be taking pre-orders for Duke Nukem Forever.

This is another remake thread and is therefore going to be filled with members of all ages squabbling like children of single digit ages so I'll be leaving now.

PeneloRatsbane
08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
I just wonder if its worth the jade and bitter, thats all, ofcourse you are entitled to ur opinion.

and its not just you, a lot of people online share your outlook, i honestly just can't see the enjoyment in it.
and i don't think of vocalising both sides as an argument, i have just noticed that sometimes it gets a bit petty. but my observation is with the upmost respect and is in no way an attack, just mild curriousity into the workings of my fellow EoFF patrons :D

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I think the solution to avoiding annoying fanpeoples is to avoid them >.>

Hyperion4444
08-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Take a look at THIS!!!!

(there's a small reference on the side...)

Rostum
08-10-2008, 11:24 PM

People can enjoy whatever the hell they want, I don't care. I don't complain that people like it, I complain because they don't shut up about it and act like FFVII is the best thing ever (It seems that a remake would be like the second coming of Christ to them) and everything else sucks-- and that I'm not allowed to say my part in it without being in the center of a case of misguided rage-- also known as fanboys acting like asses for no reason other than I said I don't like their silly silver-haired bishounen with a black trenchcoat, big sword, and mommy issues.

And I have no 'vendetta' against FFVII. I tend not to like things that get too much undeserved attention in general. Am I just a jaded gamer? Perhaps. That doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion though, no matter how bitter I am toward it.

Generalizations oh my! Hey, at least most of us aren't sad enough to go out of our way to continously announce how much we hate a game for reasons that aren't absolutely justified and are mostly based on naive opinions. Way to go! Yay!

My opinion? Although FFVII isn't perfect, it is still a very enjoyable RPG, and does not deserve the bashings that people give (a lot bash it just because a lot of people like it, as sad as it is). If people want a remake, so be it, it doesn't make the game any less of value and it doesn't make the fans a bad case.

What pissed me off most was that Square-Enix had said at their latest event, that they'd announce a huge exclusive for the PS3 that was to do with FFVII only to find out all they meant was an FFXIII demo in March 2009 with the Advent Children BLU-Ray. Silly buggers!

:D

Momiji
08-11-2008, 12:15 AM

Generalizations oh my! Hey, at least most of us aren't sad enough to go out of our way to continously announce how much we hate a game for reasons that aren't absolutely justified and are mostly based on naive opinions. Way to go! Yay!

My opinion? Although FFVII isn't perfect, it is still a very enjoyable RPG, and does not deserve the bashings that people give (a lot bash it just because a lot of people like it, as sad as it is). If people want a remake, so be it, it doesn't make the game any less of value and it doesn't make the fans a bad case.

What pissed me off most was that Square-Enix had said at their latest event, that they'd announce a huge exclusive for the PS3 that was to do with FFVII only to find out all they meant was an FFXIII demo in March 2009 with the Advent Children BLU-Ray. Silly buggers!

:D

Please see my statement about me getting caught in a case of misguided rage whenever I state my opinion.

Also, how are my opinions naive? I've played and beaten the game just as anyone else has.

Egami
08-11-2008, 12:22 AM
People can enjoy whatever the hell they want, I don't care. I don't complain that people like it, I complain because they don't shut up about it...

People will obviously talk about what they enjoy. This happens not just in videogames but in every other area you may want to look to. It is not natural for people to spend time raving about stuff they don't like.

You say that fans of VII can enjoy the game all they want but that they should shut up about it? That is a rather unnatural thing to request from us. If you hate the game and the fact that we like to talk about it bothers you, why don't you simply avoid the VII forum altogether? You know that if you go to a forum of VII that you will find fans raving about the game. You enter at your own risk and I don't think you have room to complain if you do.

-- and that I'm not allowed to say my part in it without being in the center of a case of misguided rage--

So, you want to be allowed to say your part but at the same time want fans of the game to shut up about it? If the recent thread about VII being overrated or not is any indication, fans of the game are able to engage in respectful dialogue with those who either don't like it or think that it is overrated.

Momiji
08-11-2008, 12:35 AM
People can enjoy whatever the hell they want, I don't care. I don't complain that people like it, I complain because they don't shut up about it...

People will obviously talk about what they enjoy. This happens not just in videogames but in every other area you may want to look to. It is not natural for people to spend time raving about stuff they don't like.

You say that fans of VII can enjoy the game all they want but that they should shut up about it? That is a rather unnatural thing to request from us. If you hate the game and the fact that we like to talk about it bothers you, why don't you simply avoid the VII forum altogether? You know that if you go to a forum of VII that you will find fans raving about the game. You enter at your own risk and I don't think you have room to complain if you do.

It's one thing to be a fan. It's another to be so obsessive of it that it's frightening and/or annoying. And it isn't that I don't like discussing it, or I wouldn't be in here. However, it seems that most threads here anymore seem to be about remakes and other matters that have been driven into the ground enough. I miss talking about the games themselves (this goes for a lot of the Final Fantasy forums here), not if there's going to be a remake or sequel or arguments over theories that don't really make any sense to begin with (well, that's aimed more at VIII :p).

And hey, I'll admit I used to like FFVII way back when. I even had a Sephiroth signature about three years ago. Of course, I wouldn't be caught dead with it now.

See? Here it is! http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/TwilightPaladinsig.jpg

I stopped liking it right around the time the tech demo came out, actually, because that's when the dark side of obsession seemed to rear its ugly head in this forum.

-- and that I'm not allowed to say my part in it without being in the center of a case of misguided rage--

So, you want to be allowed to say your part but at the same time want fans of the game to shut up about it?

No. I want to be able to state my opinion without being attacked every single time. It's those who act like that who I want to shut up about it. Sorry for not being meticulously specific.

If the recent thread about VII being overrated or not is any indication, fans of the game are able to engage in respectful dialogue with those who either don't like it or think that it is overrated.

No, it wasn't much of an indication, because that thread degenerated into an argument as soon as I mentioned I didn't like the game.

It's easy to engage in respective dialogue when everyone agrees with each other. In the case of separate opinions, not so much.

Hyperion4444
08-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Man, if people are so fan about FFVII.
They should go for Secret Agent.
Just to infiltrate Square-Enix just to look if they are making a remake of FFVII.

Yar
08-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Just to infiltrate Square-Enix just to look if they are making a remake of FFVII.

That wouldn't be necessary because they aren't. ;)

Coma
08-11-2008, 01:05 AM
but then again each to there own, its nothing personal, i just find it an interesting, perphaps a negative side effect of modern times and the internet and what notI lol'd so hard at this. I vote shopped, just for the reason that since when has Square Enix released ANYTHING FF related without months and months of trickling screenshots. And why haven't we heard of a japanese release of it? That always comes first. You can't seriously think a remake is going to go unanounced this long? If you do, you should probably stop posting and read a book, build some brain muscle.

Hyperion4444
08-11-2008, 02:44 AM

That wouldn't be necessary because they aren't. ;)

I'm sure they would.

Yar
08-11-2008, 02:50 AM
"Are making" and "are going to make" are two different things.

I'm positive this game will be remade, but they still have to remake I three more times before that happens.

Momiji
08-11-2008, 02:56 AM
"Are making" and "are going to make" are two different things.

I'm positive this game will be remade, but they still have to remake I three more times before that happens.

Haha, yeah, I'm pretty sure they will too. However, I think that will be around the time Square-Enix has run out of ideas and are about to go out of business if they don't start making more money. A FFVII remake would be a sure-fire way to buy them some time. So I'm sure it will come, just not for a long time.

Hyperion4444
08-11-2008, 03:09 AM
OMG .
I shouldn't never posted that link of best buy!
All this caused a New Tread, People Re-Debating the FFVII Possible Remake, Some Fights, and it Just Won't Stop!
If they are to make a Remake of FFVII, they will!
Now, get on with your lifes and pretend that I've never posted the link in another thread of a remake rumor.

Momiji
08-11-2008, 03:16 AM
What?

Wasn't that the point of this thread?

bdon333
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
OMG .
All this caused a New Tread, People Re-Debating the FFVII Possible Remake, Some Fights, and it Just Won't Stop!
Now, get on with your lifes and pretend that I've never posted the link in another thread of a remake rumor.

didnt get this link from your thread

champagne supernova
08-12-2008, 03:44 PM
IGN: Final Fantasy VII Advertising Error (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/897/897974p1.html)

Guess that ends that possibility.

Looking at the fact that Square-Enix are moving their way up the Final Fantasy series in terms of remakes (with IV just being released), I'm sure they will remake VII at some point, on some system.

I remember reading an interview with someone from Square-Enix where they said that lots of employees joined the company because of VII, and they would want to remake it. But, they'd want the original main members to be heavily involved. And seeing how they are all busy working on other projects, it will definitely not happen anytime soon.

Hyperion4444
08-12-2008, 03:57 PM
OMG .

didnt get this link from your thread

Thanks for the reassurance.

Don't need to worry about this then since the discussion is closed.

Bobby Corwen
08-14-2008, 11:53 PM
I saw a short video that someone filmed upon encountering the ad board, that convinced a lot of hopefuls out there; I know that there were people expecting some special FFVII ad during the opening of the Olympics to confirm the news, even.

That FFVII will be eventually remade I have no doubts, this future remake has reached such mystic proportions that it would be financially stupid of Squeenix to not tackle it sooner or later, though I doubt they already finished it and in such secrecy

As it is, I'm happy that this ad board isn't true; I don't own a PS3 and probably never will, but if the game would be released in a couple of days, then I sure would like to get a PS3 and can you imagine the rush of people trying to get one at the same time?, it would be madness!.
And yes, I do like FFVII a lot, why, it was even my favorite until I played FFIX.

Hyperion4444
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I saw a short video that someone filmed upon encountering the ad board, that convinced a lot of hopefuls out there; I know that there were people expecting some special FFVII ad during the opening of the Olympics to confirm the news, even.

That FFVII will be eventually remade I have no doubts, this future remake has reached such mystic proportions that it would be financially stupid of Squeenix to not tackle it sooner or later, though I doubt they already finished it and in such secrecy

As it is, I'm happy that this ad board isn't true; I don't own a PS3 and probably never will, but if the game would be released in a couple of days, then I sure would like to get a PS3 and can you imagine the rush of people trying to get one at the same time?, it would be madness!.
And yes, I do like FFVII a lot, why, it was even my favorite until I played FFIX.

Why do it now when they're doing a fortune on spin-offs.
They surely make a remake of FFVII, after they made more money.

cloud21zidane16
08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
FFVII will be remade no doubt, It will just be a very very long time;)

Cloudisthebest
08-15-2008, 11:47 PM
It might be true for the psp look here's a pic of it.;)

http://ui30.gamespot.com/1725/180490576d948c599c1ocopy_2.png

Bobby Corwen
08-16-2008, 12:23 AM

Why do it now when they're doing a fortune on spin-offs.
They surely make a remake of FFVII, after they made more money.
Nah, I'm not talking about any near future here, I assume it will be years, two or three?, they are not done with all the remakes and spin offs, they sure do bring a lot of money.
But imagine with all the hype, how much money this single remake would bring?.

Oh, I think I would actually prefer for it to be for the PSP.

Momiji
08-16-2008, 12:24 AM

http://ui30.gamespot.com/1725/180490576d948c599c1ocopy_2.png

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b1/Shopped_sea.jpg

*adjusts glasses and walks away* :p

Bobby Corwen
08-16-2008, 12:26 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b1/Shopped_sea.jpg

*adjusts glasses and walks away* :p
Hahaha, awsome!

The Shoeless Hobo
08-16-2008, 04:14 PM
It seems that a remake would be like the second coming of Christ to them

No. It would be better than that.

The Ceej
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM
By the way, I read an article on the internet that said that Final Fantasy VII original would be released in August exclusive to the PSN.

It's September and there's no Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation Store. I realized that when I was looking for Mega Man 9. Either your article was wrong or they took it down.