PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh It's Broke...

Yar
08-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Well, my laptop died today. :(

But it's okay, because HP is sending me a box so I can ship it for repairs, ALL FOR FREE! :D

I was playing a peaceful game of Final Fantasy XI, when my screen went all messy. :mad2: I reset my laptop, but display would appear. :eek: I thought it was the end. :cry: I can't afford to fix it, because I'm broke. :eep: So I call the HP Tech Peoples and they tried to help me fix it, but to no avail. :mog: It wasn't all bad, because we discovered the monitor isn't broke, the video card just went kaputt. ;) Then we set up shipping details and I was happy again! :)

When has a product's warranty or technical support made you go from ready to burst mad :mad2: to top of the world happy :D ?

Avarice-ness
08-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Nothing. I'm to lazy to fix anything that breaks even if it has a warranty.

Roto13
08-07-2008, 01:45 AM
HP

Good luck.

Initial Fantasy
08-07-2008, 01:48 AM
I have an HP Pavilion dv6636nr laptop and it seems pretty sturdy so far. Only issues I have with it are software problems. Vista sucks, XP has no drivers, and GNU/Linux is quite a trial.

Anyway, glad that HP has good customer service. Seems to be hard to find these days.

Yar
08-07-2008, 01:51 AM
HPGood luck.

Oh you. http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/ssst.gif

o_O
08-07-2008, 03:21 AM
I once accidentally shut my phone in the boot of my car, cracking the screen, and thanks to my phone insurance I was able to get the next model up for 6% of its retail price. :D

Kirobaito
08-07-2008, 04:11 AM
I was happy the two times my PS2 broke, that Sony fixed it for free even though it was out of warranty. Luckily, that class action lawsuit helped me out.

Magixion
08-07-2008, 04:30 AM
The only real expensive thing I have ever had break was my 360, and Microsoft had a brand new Box out to me in about 2 weeks, free of charge. So, I was very pleased with Microsoft's customer service. (I have heard some people have some horror stories with it, but my experience was awesome)

Dolentrean
08-07-2008, 05:40 AM
How can you play A game of XI?

Yamaneko
08-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I recently had my Thinkpad fixed because of a planar board/memory issue that would cause 3D apps to crash while using two RAM chips in double data rate mode. Lenovo sent me a box next-day to ship the machine and I had it back three business days later.

Roto13
08-07-2008, 06:08 AM
The only real expensive thing I have ever had break was my 360, and Microsoft had a brand new Box out to me in about 2 weeks, free of charge. So, I was very pleased with Microsoft's customer service. (I have heard some people have some horror stories with it, but my experience was awesome)

I worked for them. Microsoft hates you.

rubah
08-07-2008, 06:13 AM
when I was stuck in an airport for four or five hours and dependant on my laptop for entertainment with two dvds of first season power rangers dvds, my dvd drive stopped mounting disks.

that made me ;_;
but the free repair made me :)

Agrias
08-07-2008, 10:17 AM
The only thing i cant seem to keep without breaking is a wrist watch O_O Everything else i handle with great care. Not once has any peice of equipment/hardware of mine broken.

Breine
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
HP

Good luck.

Yeah, my laptop is an HP too and it just broke as well. It sucks... HARD!

Roto13
08-07-2008, 04:42 PM
My old HP laptop fell apart. :P I'm never buying another HP product as long as I live.

*strokes new Acer laptop*

snacks
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
yeah HP wasn't as pleasant with me when my old laptop broke. they tried charging me to not only talk to someone on how to fix it but to get it sent in. Needless to say i avoid HP's now when selecting laptops to buy.

my laptop was broken for the better part of 2 years, when we had discovered that the screws holding the battery in weren't in right and it started working again!

I have really bad luck with computers however, so more or less all my "break" stories are involving computers.

rubah
08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
well, HP in 2002 sent me a box to replace the hdd in my desktop, so :ppppppppppppppp