PDA

View Full Version : I Quit.

JKTrix
08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Minutes ago, I submitted my official resignation. I've been at this job 'officially' for 4 years, but I've been linked with the company since I was a child since my father used to work here. I didn't actually *like* the job, but I was surprised at how choked up I was getting by just writing the letter.

Anyway.

Have you guys ever 'quit' anything that you didn't like (habits, jobs, significant others, etc), but still felt kind of sad about it?

ReloadPsi
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
This is like the fourth or perhaps even fifth thread in less than 24 hours where I've mentioned giving up alcohol :P

That. Drinking never did me any good (including the symptom of making me tell myself it was doing me good) and I admittedly still miss the flavour of Jack Daniel's and Coke. That reminds me actually, I never did pay Iceglow half for that bottle of JD we got at the '07 meetup.

Also, I was in a situation almost three years ago where I lived with some housemates, one of whom was a complete twat but liked to BS me about how I was his "best friend" (He saw it as an adequate excuse to talk to me like a piece of http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif. Seriously.) and after several months of being talked out of it by everyone else when I said I wanted to leave, I eventually found a way to make them to throw me out. Socially the collateral damage was terrific and I've never really been able to fix it, especially since a few months later I admitted I was bisexual and realised I'd had feelings for one of the other housemates I'd unfairly involved and taken it out on. It took me a long time to get over it, but the one person I had it in for apparently fell out with the rest of those housemates recently (then ran off with his "disabled" wife to quit his job and live off carer benefits) so it feels justified now.

o_O
08-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Years ago I quit working at a department store, and had to leave behind a bunch of friends, which was a bit lame. Then the psycho boss called me a couple of weeks later to tell me off for not showing up to work. :p

Balzac
08-07-2008, 03:14 PM
I quit my job as a web developer years ago when it came to light my oss knew nothing on how the internet works.

Roto13
08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I quit my job doing customer support for Microsoft because my bosses were complete fucktards and kept lying to me and screwing me over at every opportunity. I felt pissed that I wouldn't be making money any more and I'd have to find another job. But I certainly didn't regret telling my supervisor to kiss my ass.

KentaRawr!
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I've never really decided to quit anything, but just stopped doing things and thought sad about it later.

snacks
08-07-2008, 04:59 PM
i quit my long standing job at tilt (well quitting as in got fired for stupid reasons) about 2 years ago, i'd been there for about 3 years on and off and had a lot of great times (including meeting and becoming fast friends with Jowy!) but working for min wage while trying to live on my own in an apt for 200+ a month just wasn't happening (min wage was 5.15 at the time) my boss got really choked up on my last shift especially when i had to turn in my keys.

Lucky Star
08-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I quit my caffeine addiction. It got to the stage where I had to have coffee or coke just to stop these blinding headaches I was getting. Not that there were any ill effects or what not, but it wasn't good to be drinking as much as I did. So I just stopped drinking coke and coffee, and it was hell, for about a week and a half I suffered these intense, painful headaches that the painkillers wouldn't even touch. But once I pushed through that, I felt better for it, healthier, I even lost weight because I wasn't having so much sugar.

Now? It's something of a treat every so often, and I can easily live without it. So woo!

Yar
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I worked at a Servpro but I had to quit because of school. :( Loved that job.

Then I worked at a steel foundry. The place was blasted hot because the A/C was broken. Working minimum wage I completed 2 months worth of work in a week and a half. They then told me to slow down. Funny thing is, I thought I was already half-assing it.

I quit that job after 2 weeks.

Avarice-ness
08-07-2008, 05:38 PM
I dunno.

I was pretty sad when I left Macy's but that was because I was moving. Ironically enough, they started treating me like crap and cutting my hours when they found out I was moving, but even then I still liked working there.

I guess I felt kind of bad for.. uh.. walking out of Old Navy when I worked there because the managers loved me. I was almost 4 months pregnant and.. over emotional and having a hard time coping with my pregnancy and house things that hormones basically told me to just not go back to work because I was sad and angry at the world. > >;

When I walked out of JcPenney's fine jewlery it was because I got treated like crap there, they didn't like the fact they hired new people to take their commissions and had me doing little jobs that would get me no sales and no commission, like writing out thank you cards and stuff because they never finished their own. Then I'd get yelled at for not getting any credit apps, but I can't get any credit apps when I'm not even on the floor doing my job.

I didn't feel as bad quitting my first run-around at Penney's though 'cause I was moving and pretty excited about the move. I was mostly sad just because I had made a lot of friends there, but that was about it.