PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Versus XIII is coming soon... sooner than you think.

Hyperion4444
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
It's true that Versus has not suffered any delays and kept it's PlayStation 3 exclusivity.

So how soon do you think were going to have Versus?

Bolivar
08-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Hate to say it, but 2010 at the very earliest.

Hyperion4444
08-08-2008, 03:13 AM
They've promised us a 2009 release of Versus and it's still not on delays.
It would not surprise me to see 2 PS3 Final Fantasy Games in the same year.

News update: The PS3 version will NOT BE DELAYED because of the Xbox 360 port. Square-Enix has established another team to make the 360 port.

Ouch!
08-08-2008, 06:00 AM

News update: The PS3 version will NOT BE DELAYED because of the Xbox 360 port. Square-Enix has established another team to make the 360 port.
Which, unfortunately, means absolutely nothing. The Xbox 360 port and the localization for a North American release will begin likely at the exact same time. I'm willing to bet that a port is significantly more difficult than localization and will take longer to complete. Since the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are going to be released simultaneously, the Xbox 360 version, no matter how you cut the dice, will cause the PS3 version to be delayed. A separate team working on the port will have no bearing unless they're going to attempt to port the game while it's still unfinished--I imagine that would be disgustingly messy.

Hyperion4444
08-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Here's multiple links:
FINAL FANTASY XIII ? FinalFantasyXIII.net ? FINAL FANTASY 13 ? VERSUS (http://www.finalfantasyxiii.net)
mainly pages 3 & 4. (Other news confirms what Mr. Tretton Said)
... wait for more.
http://gamespy.com/xbox-360/final-fantasy-xiii/891455p1.html
1UP.com - Your home for PC video games PS2 Xbox 360 PSP DS GBA PS3 WII cheats previews reviews boards blogs (http://www.1up.com)
www.khinsider.com
Final Fantasy XIII on PS3 is not going to be delayed nor be delayed because of the Xbox 360.
They haven't finished up the voice acting yet, my guess is after they finish the voice acting and the translation, both versions should be completed since Square-Enix said at Multiple times no delays were going to be made on the PS3 Version.
The PS3 Version will be Finished First either way, unlike Roto's article were Square-Enix said the PS3 Version is still going to be completed first of a writter who just claims that there would be delays.
Japan version's for 2009.

Yar
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
It's hard to delay something if it doesn't yet have an official release date here.

A delay would occur if they said "It's coming out Sept '09," and then later said, "because of techincal errors doing XYZ, we must delay it three months," or whatever.

Bolivar
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM

The Xbox 360 port and the localization for a North American release will begin likely at the exact same time.

That's what I read in one interview about it. So it won't be delaying the PS3 version, only for anyone who isn't Japanese.

champagne supernova
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM

The Xbox 360 port and the localization for a North American release will begin likely at the exact same time.

That's what I read in one interview about it. So it won't be delaying the PS3 version, only for anyone who isn't Japanese.

No they've got a team working on the port now. So the main crew make part of the game, and the other team immediately ports it across (in principle at least).

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 07:43 PM
They've got an additionnal team for FFXIII on the 360.

Has Square-Enix announced a release date for Versus?
It's not going to be the same time has XIII due to manufacturing the games and other stuff, but when? 2010? 2011? 2021!?! PlayStation 6?
Seriously, compared to all the delayed games, theses ones are the worst, having the longest waiting time to actually play them. (Did I get that last part correctly, I guess not really)

All announced 2006 Games has been released except for FFXIII.
There may be small exceptions (Cipher Complex) but this game is the biggest of them all.

Shouldn't they had concentrated all their efforts in that game in the first place? Is it really that big? Why rehash the same pics/video for the past two years? When will we get to play FFXIII? Is there a release date for FFVII:ACC for the US?

That's alot of unanwsered questions, you don't need to reply to all of them. But you still got to wonder...