PDA

View Full Version : generaly wrong things

sir helix
08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
logos having an attack called russian rullet (misspelled)

laguna speaking spanish.

tidus not getting with the program wile playing for the aurochs, c'mon theres a blitz ball dress code.

laguna and vayne look alike..... freaky

auron wearing sunglasses even though i garentee they dont exist in spira.

cloud and sephiroth carrying swords way beyond the human capacity

in ff12 the charecters looking like the rest of society,

red XIII,,,, "yo dude your tail is on fire you need to have that checked out"

and il add this one as well why the hell isnt there a moogle with an uzi.

i just thought id throw these back of the mind questions out

Goldenboko
08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Alright, we'll start with this title.

gGenerally wrong things

Tavrobel
08-07-2008, 10:01 PM
laguna speaking spanish.

tidus not getting with the program wile playing for the aurochs, c'mon theres a blitz ball dress code.

laguna and vayne look alike..... freaky

auron wearing sunglasses even though i garentee they dont exist in spira.

in ff12 the charecters looking like the rest of society,

red XIII,,,, "yo dude your tail is on fire you need to have that checked out"

and il add this one as well why the hell isnt there a moogle with an uzi.
Just because English is Galactic Basic doesn't mean other languages don't exist.

He's a guest player. Also, Blitzball teams can have people with different uniforms after original players get ditched.

Tetsuya Nomura. He's not very imaginative. Deal.

They could exist in DZ. Also, his sunglasses follow two major necessities: Rule of Cool and "I have a doctor's note" or else everyone would be asking him about the big giant scar he has and his discolored eye.

So does half of anime. Not surprising.

omg it's a Chinese person and a Korean person. But it's okay, since they're both Asians, they MUST look alike. Does everyone have to have a hairstyle like Seymour's nowadays?

Character design + racial trait. At least he won't die like Charmander will if it gets put out.

FFVI has one with a paintbrush. Medusa Paintbrushes are often picked in Leagues to counter Sven/Broodmother superior to guns.

scrumpleberry
08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Tidus.

feioncastor
08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
This is an interesting thread idea, but it was prepared in entirely the wrong way.

First of all, judging by your list, you seem to be under the impression that Squaresoft never made Final Fantasy 1-6 because you only mention 7 and entries after it. I know it seems petty, but seriously, this trend of ignoring the pre-7 games does suggest things about those following such a trend.

Second, you've spelled many words incorrectly and failed to capitalize and punctuate in a remotely correct manner. While such trivial mechanics normally don't contribute to the content of a thread, in this case, the thread is supposed to be a discussion about things that are wrong, and in the first posting, a great many things are technically wrong. This part adds more humor than anything else, in my view.

Finally, there are many errors to point out in the Final Fantasy Series, most of which would be considered more interesting than the ones you've opened with. I know it's a discussion and others will add to it, but it seems that you could've set the tone a little better.

FFVI has one with a paintbrush. Medusa Paintbrushes are often picked in Leagues to counter Sven/Broodmother superior to guns.

Refresh my memory! I recall Relm using a paintbrush, but Mog used lances, as I recall, unless you give him the Merit Award. I suppose you could be referencing one of the 11 moogles who aid Locke at the beginning... I don't remember exactly what each one has equipped. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them had a paintbrush.

And returning to the topic, I've always enjoyed the conversation between Edge and his parents when they're dieing because you can continue attacking them as Edge is begging them not to die.

Tavrobel
08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
I believe it was the Moogle leader of the non-Mog-all-Moogles band. All of the Moogles besides Mog used other weapons.

I thought FFI-VI came after VII, too. I guess I was wrong. Those silly Romans.

sir helix
08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
im not forgeting the pre 7s i just couldnt thing of any thing to make fun of them because there so great i didnt want to anger the gods lol

blackmage_nuke
08-08-2008, 12:53 AM
"Lets strip down to our underwear and frolick in a hotspring"
"isnt that inconsequential to the plot and completely pointless fan service?"
"It's not fanservice if Rikku's ugly"

sir helix
08-08-2008, 12:57 AM
how come all of the playable female charecters are overly attractive, hell i think FFx-2 sold on sex apeal alone

Momiji
08-08-2008, 02:17 AM
how come all of the playable female charecters are overly attractive, hell i think FFx-2 sold on sex apeal alone

What should have been delicious cake (or better, what should have died in development) became moldy bread.

Levian
08-08-2008, 06:37 AM
First of all, judging by your list, you seem to be under the impression that Squaresoft never made Final Fantasy 1-6 because you only mention 7 and entries after it. I know it seems petty, but seriously, this trend of ignoring the pre-7 games does suggest things about those following such a trend.

Has he at any point denied you, or anyone, to reply with material from FF1-6? I don't think he did! Don't take it for granted that everyone has played every FF either, it's not one of the requirements to make a thread in General Final Fantasy.

Second, you've spelled many words incorrectly and failed to capitalize and punctuate in a remotely correct manner.

I go to the internet to have fun, the last thing I care about is punctuation and spelling. The minute Spelling Licences are required to surf on the internet, I'll get so bored I might try to eat my own puke just to see if it's as delicious as the cows makes it out to be. Anyway, my point is, you understood what he said, I don't see the problem. And although they are in a majority, not everyone comes from US/UK/AUS either.

As for things that are generally wrong, take a look at the FFXIII trailer. Or is that the trailer for the next Matrix movie?

rubah
08-08-2008, 06:43 AM
everyone in ff5 is 32 pixels tall.

ReloadPsi
08-08-2008, 11:03 AM
If you wanna bitch about any Blitzball player's clothing, bitch about Mep, a priest from (I think) Kilika temple. He plays in his robes!

laguna speaking spanish.
In the French version, characters randomly lapse into English all the time.

Lucky Star
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM

Both Cloud and Sephiroth were heavily infused with Mako, so their strength would be many times that of the average human. Carrying overly large swords would then be possible for them.

Roto13
08-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Tetsuya Nomura. He's not very imaginative. Deal.

Nomura didn't design Vayne.

Also, you people make me hate the internet with your caviling.

Rantz
08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Are we a bit grumpy today, people?

Kuja's wardrobe
Lulu's wardrobe
Ultimecia's wardrobe
Edea's wardrobe

PeneloRatsbane
08-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Things that are generaly wrong? hmm?
how about wearing hotpants in front of someone who indiscriminatly touches themselves with their creepy claw hand
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/Steffrox/yvincenttouchinghimself.jpg

as photographed, always found that amusingly in an immature way

Tavrobel
08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Nomura didn't design Vayne.

Also, you people make me hate the internet with your caviling.

Ohh, sorry. I change my response to that to "FFXII just plain sucks. Deal."

You didn't already? Where did we go wrong?

Roto13
08-08-2008, 10:17 PM
That's even more wrong.

PeneloRatsbane
08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
The way that Rikku gets changed infront of tidus, isnt she like 15 or something ridiculous!

Shadowdeathrose
08-13-2008, 12:44 AM

Kuja's wardrobe
Lulu's wardrobe
Ultimecia's wardrobe
Edea's wardrobe

Theres nothing wrong with having a social group you know. or even a social preference for that matter.

Kuja's wardobe..... typical blue haired villian (cough* seymour)
Lulu's wardrobe - Gothic
Ultimecia.... Punk, Summoner :P
Edea's wardrobe - a matrons outfit or a Sorceress outfit.... social groups!

Rantz
08-13-2008, 01:52 AM

Kuja's wardrobe
Lulu's wardrobe
Ultimecia's wardrobe
Edea's wardrobe

Theres nothing wrong with having a social group you know. or even a social preference for that matter.

Kuja's wardobe..... typical blue haired villian (cough* seymour)
Lulu's wardrobe - Gothic
Ultimecia.... Punk, Summoner :P
Edea's wardrobe - a matrons outfit or a Sorceress outfit.... social groups!

Rather than the general style of their clothes, I was referring to their pointlessly revelatory nature which would really only hinder them in their daily business of taking over the world and whatnot. :)

PeneloRatsbane
08-13-2008, 12:06 PM
the thing that gets me about Lulu's outfit ( i like it btw) but when she is pregnant she is still wearing a corset?

Why don't Lucrecia and Lulu have baby bumps when they are pregnant?

blackmage_nuke
08-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Kuja's wardrobe
Lulu's wardrobe
Ultimecia's wardrobe
Edea's wardrobe

And Yunalesca's lack thereof

champagne supernova
08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
If you wanna bitch about any Blitzball player's clothing, bitch about Mep, a priest from (I think) Kilika temple. He plays in his robes!

laguna speaking spanish.
In the French version, characters randomly lapse into English all the time.

Wasn't Mep quite good. I think he was in my Blitzball team. Although I had a load of Al-Bheds in it as well. If you want something wrong, how about Blitzball - what do they breathe while they're down there?

sir helix
10-16-2008, 06:24 PM
its been forever sence i posted here so here i go.........its my hypthesis that in ffX the albheds and blitzball players are mermaids in human costums and they just dont know it yet

black orb
10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
The way that Rikku gets changed infront of tidus, isnt she like 15 or something ridiculous!
>>> That scene was hot so thats absolutely NOT wrong.

>>> In ff9 that traveling mogri appeared in two different places at the same time. I think it was at the end of the game, he was in that mogri post-office and also in Alexandria.
I cant remember the details pretty well, I have not played that game in years.

Wind_Falcon
10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
The stuff that all of you have said is why the games are good. I mean, I play games because they aren't realistic. But that's just me...

PeneloRatsbane
10-20-2008, 07:33 PM
>>> That scene was hot so thats absolutely NOT wrong.

not saying it wasn't hot, things can be hot and wrong

Iceglow
10-20-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm going to actually give the initial poster a serious response to this thread since most of this complaining is not even touching on real issues who cares how a character looks? I mean Black mages had robes pooling round their ankles from FFI onwards, Quistis fights in a tight skirt with high heeled knee high boots and a top which is open from the waist in both directions, White mage had a hood so big it covered her face and yes again she had robes pooling around her ankles if she had to run to cast cure to save someones life she'd never make it because she'd trip up and break her sodding neck in the process. Seriously? FF characters have always had wierd fashion choices most of them unsuitable for combat about the closest an FF character gets to suitable combat clothing is Laguna, Kiros and Ward in the Gabaldian Army uniform which is based clearly on half plate. Heres something entirely genuinely wrong with an FF game, sadly the game is one of the best in the series if overlooked by many:

Tetra Master in IX...My god, straight after the beautiful game of Triple Triad where simplicity, function and usefulness come together we ended up with this. Tetra Master was essentially wrong on so many levels heres some of them listed:

1) Having better value cards with more arrows on them doesn't naturally = win you can lose to a much weaker card due to the fact that there is a huge slice of randomness to card combat

2) For those who complain about "one time only cards" in Triple Triad, in Tetra Master the total card limit was 100 meaning since there were precisely 100 cards you could only ever get 1 of each type of card if you wished to complete your deck.

3) There is no reward for going out there and playing it, a card could be beaten by something much weaker than itself due to the random way combat between cards worked, there was no ability to refine the cards in to useful items, the cards had a single value or so which was used for anything from 0 - 8 points of attack (yes I actually got a card with 0 arrows on it meaning it could only defend itself wtf? it wasn't even an uber strong card either) really where was the beautiful simplicity of a card having 4 possible attack sides and 4 numerical values of 0 - 9 and 10 (represented by the letter A ofcourse) of Triple Triad why did Square seek to confuse people with this nightmare mini game. I believe I once got close to completing the deck on a playthrough but it involved more resetting my console as my Mithril Sword or Lindblum cards were taken from me than eradicating the rules in Triple Triad down to Open, Same wall and the card acquirement rule of my choice which was ALL (without Same, Same Wall doesn't work so therefore essentially the only rule in play was Open so I could use my best cards and place them perfectly so as never to lose a game again, taking all cards made it really easy to modify them in to whatever I needed)

Now that is something genuinely totally wrong within a FF game and it's reasons why.

Wind_Falcon
10-20-2008, 11:05 PM
1) Having better value cards with more arrows on them doesn't naturally = win you can lose to a much weaker card due to the fact that there is a huge slice of randomness to card combat

3) There is no reward for going out there and playing it, a card could be beaten by something much weaker than itself due to the random way combat between cards worked, there was no ability to refine the cards in to useful items, the cards had a single value or so which was used for anything from 0 - 8 points of attack (yes I actually got a card with 0 arrows on it meaning it could only defend itself wtf? it wasn't even an uber strong card either) really where was the beautiful simplicity of a card having 4 possible attack sides and 4 numerical values of 0 - 9 and 10 (represented by the letter A ofcourse) of Triple Triad why did Square seek to confuse people with this nightmare mini game. I believe I once got close to completing the deck on a playthrough but it involved more resetting my console as my Mithril Sword or Lindblum cards were taken from me than eradicating the rules in Triple Triad down to Open, Same wall and the card acquirement rule of my choice which was ALL (without Same, Same Wall doesn't work so therefore essentially the only rule in play was Open so I could use my best cards and place them perfectly so as never to lose a game again, taking all cards made it really easy to modify them in to whatever I needed)

Now that is something genuinely totally wrong within a FF game and it's reasons why.

First, type normally dude, my eyes hurt of reading just one paragraph...

1) That's a good thing, It ads more to the game and makes it more strategic than the simple (like u said) Triple Triad in my opinion.

3) Agree here. But Tetra Master isn't intended to give u a reward or anything if u collect all the cards or something, that's why S-E made it more difficult, to do something other when u r bored, and still be a good challenge.

There is a reason why there is a Tetra Mater online, but no Triple Triad. (!)

hhr1dluv
10-21-2008, 11:47 PM
^ I've heard that Tetra Master is required to further the storyline, while Triple Triad is not. Is that true?

I hate card mini-games. I'm going to smurfing die if I have to play it in FFIX.

Unstoppable Pig
10-22-2008, 10:33 AM
^ I've heard that Tetra Master is required to further the storyline, while Triple Triad is not. Is that true?

I hate card mini-games. I'm going to smurfing die if I have to play it in FFIX.

Yep it is true. During disc 3 there will be one moment where you have to participate to Tetra master-tournament but otherwise there is no moment where you have to play with cards.

I suggest that you play at some point so that you can get some good cards, so you can just quickly finish off event in disc 3. One character gives you cards before tournament but I donīt remember if those are good cards.

Iceglow
10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Or you can just lose the tournament, the reward isn't great