PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Fishin'

CloudDragon
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Who likes to fish?

I love to fish and I've been fishing ever since I was a wee lad. My grandparents used to own a bit of land on Lake Barkley in Western Kentucky. My parents used to vacation here every year and it was here that I grew up on fishing.

I'm going back to Lake Barkley in a couple of weeks to get my fishing on. I enjoy fishing on lakes more than anything else, and bass is my fish of choice. I also enjoy deep sea fishing on the ocean or the Gulf, but not nearly as much as lake fishing.

I'd also like to leave you with something. These guys know how to fish:

YouTube - The Moron Brothers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RaFApVP0zU)

Rye
08-08-2008, 11:38 AM
I adore fishing. It's the only sport that I enjoy. I don't eat my fish, so I let them go, or let my Dad have them.

I could fish for hours! And I'm pretty good too! Last time I went fishing, I caught a big atlantic stingray, biggest catch of the day! It almost pulled me out of the boat, people had to hold on to me while I reeled. xD

Of course, we let him go, but I felt pretty proud of myself!

Tama2
08-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Of course. I use to go a lot with my twin friend. But I moved. :[

*Plays with fishes by himself*

Balzac
08-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I enjoy fishing. Usually trout fishing these days.

Sergeant Hartman
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I use to fish a lot when I was younger, but then when I became 12 I needed to buy a license. So I thought bugger that and have never been fishing since :D

Clouded Sky
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I used to fish a fair amount. I've been out once this summer to the river behind my (college) house and was quite surprised to have actually caught something.

On a related note, THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ly0DTSEDD0) is apparently how you really go fishing.

Zeldy
08-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I used to go fishing on Zelda OOT if that counts!

Momiji
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I used to fish a fair amount. I've been out once this summer to the river behind my (college) house and was quite surprised to have actually caught something.

On a related note, THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ly0DTSEDD0) is apparently how you really go fishing.

I think you're supposed to catch the fish though, not rape it. :p

Blue Harvest
08-08-2008, 02:34 PM
I've never been fishing.

Vermachtnis
08-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I get bored when I go fishing so I don't get invited much. I'm not all that good either. I've caught the elusive tree fish and the enigmatic shrub fish and the mysterious mom's friends butt fish. Oh and a turtle. I kept it.

I Don't Need A Name
08-08-2008, 05:03 PM
i hate it
i just find it REALLY boring

rubah
08-08-2008, 06:13 PM
I like being down at the pond, but I am too squeamish to bait my own hooks and lures suck for catching catfish, so I don't do a lot of fishing.

my greatest achievement was catching the first bass in our catfish pond, proving that some *did* live there after all!

Manatee
08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Last time I went fishing, I was 8. I fell in the stream, and also later got sick when my dad was gutting the fish. :/

CloudDragon
08-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Fishing is a great excuse to take time to relax and be outside. You can enjoy the great weather and even catch a meal.

Heath
08-11-2008, 10:42 AM
I've never been finishing. I've never really wanted to go, but I can certainly see the attraction in it.

Quindiana Jones
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I've only gone fishing once. It was last year in BC, Magical Canadia, with my first cousin once removed's husband and his brother. :)

I loved it. Didin't catch anything. It was fairly rainy and bleh too. But it was brilliant. Nice and relaxing, and I was lucky enough to have some great company. I would love to do it again.

Breine
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I do. I've only done it a handful of times or something, though, but I enjoyed it every time I went. God, the last time I went fishing was like 2-3 years ago, and as far as I remember I didn't even catch anything.

Meh, it's still very relaxing, though.

Roogle
08-11-2008, 05:59 PM
I like to eat fish. I think that the allure of eating the catch of the day is enough to get me to engage in this activity.