PDA

View Full Version : A little help..

beckabop123
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm playing FF7 and I've just got to Nibelheim for the first time, and I'm having trouble with a boss. It's the blue one, I can't remember the name but it's in Mt Nibel and it always uses Trine on me and I can't beat it! My party is Cloud, Tifa + Yuffie...hope you can help

^OmegaShot^
08-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Hmm... i had the same problem but u can get over it if u train your characters enough....and bio 2 is very helpful :p

Levian
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't think there's a big trick to kicking his ass. Just cure a lot and don't use fire on him. You can also get everyone's limit bar filled up before you enter the battle. If that doesn't work then you'll probably have to level up a bit.

Also keep in mind that the more magic/summon materia you've got equipped, the lower your HP is. So if you've got any useless magic/summon materia on, just drop em. The Ifrit and Fire materias are especially useless in this battle.

PeneloRatsbane
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
the mistake i made on this battle was to turn Vincent into the galian beast, i got so owned as he healed the blasted thing. In this battle i also got a weird glicth where Vincent was casting magic and the camera zoomed in on him and his head band was missing for a few seconds? it looked totally wierd as he had like no forehead or top of his eyes. has that ever happened to anyone else

Momiji
08-08-2008, 01:49 PM
I had the same problem. Just go back and levelgrind for a little while and it should become easier for you.

Cleric
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah you need to impose a poison effect on him otherwise the Cure 2 counter attack at the end will drive you insane. An elemental-lightning combo in your armor will help with the Trine damage. There is actually an elemental crystal in Mt Nibel if you don't have one. Then as everyone else has said refrain from using fire attacks on him. Usually when he starts using cure 2 I stop attacking, and let him succumb to poison and focus on healing. Maybe use a limit to finish it off

Comet
08-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Make sure someone in your party has Enemy Skill materia, so when he uses Trine, you learn it. Then just use it back on him :)

^OmegaShot^
08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
this battle is very easy if u use trine on him and bio 2....it wont take long :cool: