PDA

View Full Version : You Can Find Me In The Club

Clouded Sky
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
What do you think about clubbing?

My only actual clubbing experience ended in disappoint as we were unable to get in anywhere because everything in Chicago is 21+.

At school we have large dance parties in our great space - it isn't quite club quality, but it's a lot of fun. And tonight there's going to be a dance party for the summer program of Japanese students on campus for the summer. I'm really excited and SOOOO going. But no grinding. That's weird. I'll just be my crazy self with some awesome moves.

What about you? Do you like to go clubbing? Do you like the bump & grind? What's your favorite style of dance? Do you have a favorite song when you're out that just gets you pumping and will drag you to the dance floor even if you've convinced yourself otherwise?

Zeldy
08-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I go to very different types of clubs, where instead of a dance floor there's a mosh pit~

They're really great though, there's this big one in Wigan that I go that has a foam machine and you get SOAKED. The mosh pit is scary though, I was innocently stood on the edge and got punched ;_;

There's one I go in St Helens which is crap and full of 14 year old emos. I used to go when I was 14 though, but I was cool! I used to get wasted on the streets and never actually go into the club.

Clouded Sky
08-08-2008, 09:26 PM
A foam pit? That sounds amazing. I want to go.

Zeldy
08-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah xD there's a smoke machine too. Right at the end http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif loads of foam comes falling down and drenches you~

Yar
08-08-2008, 09:27 PM
What's the limit on threads per day, by the way? :p

I don't go to clubs, because the only club in town is owned by some local Methodist church or something. Their bands are Christian Rock and a bunch of other Christiany things like Christian karaoke.

I'm a Christian, but those kinds of things make me uncomfortable.

Peegee
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I've been clubbing in some capacity for 10 years. Not as often lately (I refuse to go by myself any more and friends aren't rich either), but what are you going to do.

Clubs are fun places, possibly to meet new people, but I've found males are more easy to approach (for girls..wtf) than it is for guys to approach girls, if only because girls travel in packs.

Girls who travel in pairs are easier. I'm going to stop talking now.:p

bipper
08-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I greatly dislike clubs. I do not function well in crowds of people, and I greatly dislike 'wiggy wiigy' crap rap and most clubbing music. Just not my style.

Shoeberto
08-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah xD there's a smoke machine too. Right at the end http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif loads of foam comes falling down and drenches you~
I've heard of that, it sounds pretty cool.

I've never been clubbing. Part of me would like to go just for the experience but I'm not sure if it's really the kind of place for me.

Magixion
08-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I enjoy going clubbing every now and then, but have yet to get in to the good ones around here cuz I am not 21 yet (only 7 more months!) There are a couple for 18+ though which are alright, except it seems like mostly everyone that goes is like 16 and they found their way in. Grinding can be fun, nothing like a good sandwich by two girls ;)

By far, my favorite thing to do is just get my moves on! Especially, to a classic song:

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Beat It (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8)

Yamaneko
08-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Clubbing is lame. Bar-hopping is where it's at, kids.

TyphoonThaReapa
08-08-2008, 10:19 PM
A'yo, I do my own thing son. I hate following the crowd...:cool:

bipper
08-08-2008, 10:30 PM

werd. obtw, happy friday.

Tallulah
08-08-2008, 11:01 PM

I agree.

There are four main clubs in town: Ritzy (properly Pulse, Ritzy and JJs, three floors of different music) which is lame. My friend Stu goes quite a lot, to the JJs floor which is all cheesy party music. Pulse is R'n'B and Ritzy is dance music. Then there is Sakura. I've never been but the review I read made it sound lame and overpriced. There is Scream, above the Quayside, which is mainly indie music; I haven't been for a while. Last but not least is Sugarcubes, which is mainly hard rock and metal. I have been there a couple of times, it's dark, murky and dirt-cheap. I need to go back! :D

Peegee
08-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Fact is though, if you don't know the people in the venues it's not as fun; hence Yams' comment (the preceding comment ignores whether you even like clubs or not)

Balzac
08-09-2008, 12:49 AM

qft

Ki Ki
08-09-2008, 02:13 AM
I go to clubs every now and then. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not. Depends on how crowded it is.
I love dancing! I don't know how good I am at it buuut whatever. It's fun. :excited:
I'd like to go to bars instead, and I will when I'm old enough to get in. :aimsmile:

Blue Harvest
08-09-2008, 10:39 AM
The only time I've been clubbing was for my sixth form leavers do. I didn't dance much, despite being dragged onto the dance floor a lot. I spent most of the night at the bar with an Al Green in my hand.

Breine
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Clubbing or bar-hopping. Doesn't matter. Both are a lot of fun, and so I enjoy doing both.

But anyway, I pretty often go out clubbing/bar-hopping. These days it's probably from once a week to once every two weeks. It varies a bit. But a couple of years ago it would sometimes be twice a week. Damn, I kinda miss high school xD

Private parties are also a lot of fun, though, but most of the time I do a private party/clubbing combo.. which is actually also the case for tonight.

Sergeant Hartman
08-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Was out last night. I like the popular music with decent beats but I can't stand the full on dance techno stuff. Nothing better than some You Can Do It by Ice Cube on the go.

Jess
08-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I work in a nightclub as a barmaid, so yeah, I like the music and such. I've got to really otherwise I'd really really hate my job. :jess:

I also like to go clubbing. Danielle and I went clubbing on Thursday night but it was quiet in Edinburgh because thursday isn't much of a popular night to go out in Edinburgh. It's probably the busiest night where I live though.

Levian
08-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Clubbing is fun depending on if you're in good company or not. :D Doesn't really matter though as I always meet somebody I know. Small country, small city.

Bar hopping would be fun, but the cover is way high in most places so I just stick to one place.

champagne supernova
08-09-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm not a bar hopper myself, probably because I'm too lazy to continuously move around, but I do go clubbing quite often. I enjoy dancing after a few drinks, when I don't care that I can't dance! I prefer more rock music, although I'm quite easy with regards to music (with the exception of serious bubblegum pop).

2☼z╧¢,¢♠╟ÿφ╢╞É¢⌐»╝741☻
08-09-2008, 05:12 PM
What's the limit on threads per day, by the way? :p

I don't go to clubs, because the only club in town is owned by some local Methodist church or something. Their bands are Christian Rock and a bunch of other Christiany things like Christian karaoke.

I'm a Christian, but those kinds of things make me uncomfortable.

Oh my smurf, it sounds like you live in the worst town ever. Is there a high suicide rate there? I bet there is.

EDIT: That's the gayest wordfilter ever. Fail.

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Clubbing is wicked. I love chasing after the little buggers and smashing them with a stick! Yeah, I could just shoot them, but where's the fun in that?

Hambone
08-10-2008, 12:37 AM
I've never been to any, I've got about 7 more years to go, but it WILL be awesome.

Momiji
08-10-2008, 01:18 AM
The clubs around here are infested with people I don't like. Then again, even if they weren't there, I wouldn't go, because there are better ways to waste my time and money.

Iceglow
08-10-2008, 02:19 AM
I used to go clubbing back when I was 16 until I was around 19/20 I gave up clubbing recently mostly because I just can't be bothered anymore. I've been in pretty much every type of club out there, from dance clubs to rock clubs to strip clubs. Dance Clubs bore me but the girls in there can be pretty, I just don't like the dance music much. Rock Clubs I used to go to multiple times a week, ah the joys of goth clubs, cheap drinks, loud guitars, goth girls with hardly any clothes on, people smurfing in the toilets, more people doing drugs or puking their guts up in the cubicles (for real these are memories I have) Most rock clubs in London count as dives, it's sad but true. I liked them though because well, I went with friends and I love rock music. I used to enjoy them too the atmosphere, the mosh pit, the live bands. In fact clubs taught me to hone my body language reading skills to a fine art, namely because half the time we'd be relying on those skills to understand one another. I did however grow bored of the nightclubs scene, I found it increasingly and more obviously easier to get girls in there, theres not much challenge when conversation consists of a half heard "hey nice bum!" or something similar. I started hanging out more in pubs and bars and found women there far harder to approach but far more rewarding when I did so. Therefore I now hang out in pubs more than clubs, but sure if I got bored and was single I'd go with a few mates to a club. Clubs definitely are for the single though.

PS. Oh and Strip Clubs, well they're Strip Clubs enough said I won't discuss it further.

fleetingsight
08-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I can't dance very well, and usually end up embarrassed at the end of the night, but I still go to clubs occasionally 'cause my gf likes to. I'm not really into pop/hiphop, but electronic/dance is pretty cool. I went to a gay club once to hang out with a gay friend, and it actually had some great music. I just wish I could dance better, but my moves are really limited 'cause I've got a bad knee, so I usually just end up repeating the same two or three dance movements I can actually do, and that gets old real quick. Now barhopping's a different matter, as I can drink very well. :P

Heath
08-10-2008, 11:12 AM
If I wanted to go out somewhere of an evening, I'd much rather spend my time sat down with a couple of friends just having a chat or wasting money on the quiz machine and enjoying the convenience of being able to hear what people are saying and not be charged entry to where I was going. Somewhere not very busy but that's nice and comfortable and not too hot. And where I don't have bad music blaring out. Or if they insist on bad music, it's at such a volume where it's only in the background. I function better with a couple of people rather than in a crowd. So in short, clubs are definitely not for me. Never been to one and I really wouldn't want to.

louby_4eva
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I love clubbing :D :D :D i can't think of any songs that get me up but one that makes me sit is that dreadful 'what's that coming over the hill?' song. I haven't been out in a while because all of my friends went home for summer, but I shall be going out during freshers week :D :D :D

It's all in the hips.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Stecloud
08-10-2008, 02:14 PM
I used to go quite a bit, then I got bored of it. I haven't been out clubbing for a while now, and my interest in it is starting to renew, so maybe next weekend I shall :)