PDA

View Full Version : new laptop

Iceglow
08-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Well thanks to my girlfriend accidentally managing not to only break my laptops DVD but then to fracture the lcd screen too I decided time was for a new one. (she helped pay for it since she owed me for the damage to my old one) After much scanning online through the remains of my fractured lcd did I seek high and low, all the while venting furious powers out namely in the direction of the poor girl Agrias who took my rage and moulded it in to a calm tranquility which could be re-focused at an appropriate target, Baloki whom I ordered amongst much cursing and depreceating to help me seek my new treasure! Once I had spied the treasure I knew now would come the hard part, cautiously did I enter the demons lair (for what other name should an epic post have for PC World?) for once in there there is no telling what their corrupted minds might try, hell they might even ask me to work for them and well that'd just mean they'd have to die. Yes every single one of them no matter how cute they were. Clutching the treasure tightly to my chest did I begin to flee from the store only to be challenged by the biggest of the demons who demanded I stop and exchange my hard earnt riches for the treasure. I paused un-able to decide if I should attempt to flee anyhow with both the riches and the treasure but judging the power of the demon I realized I could not do so. Sadly I parted with the hard earnt riches for the treasure was much more valuble to me and quickly departed before the demons could work out I had scammed them. I then returned to my home and began writing this epic saga on there for you all to read.

So as a topic so leeza doesn't be mean to me and close it, when did you last buy a computer/laptop and what was it? Mine is a Toshiba Equium A300D-16C laptop, it looks sooo sexy seriously I was like wowzered!

Roto13
08-09-2008, 07:52 PM
My husband knocked my old laptop onto the floor and broke it so he had to buy me a new one. :bigsmile: It has triple the ram and hard drive space of my old one, though, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise. xP It's an Acer Aspire 5920. I got it in February.

JKTrix
08-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Sager NP9262 back in January. For school.

Momiji
08-09-2008, 08:02 PM
I got one for graduation back in May.

Rye
08-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I just ordered my new one last week. Still waiting for it to come. Its name is Honeybee - It's bright yellow. Liz named it. ♥ :jess:

It has 4 gigs of RAM and a 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS video card so I can actually play computer games from this decade again.

The only thing I'm sad about is that, despite this laptop being so crappy, it has a really really wide screen. My new laptop is like, 14 or 15 inches wide only. D:

Quindiana Jones
08-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I want a laptop. :(

I'm convincing my family to all pitch in to help me buy one for my birthday this year, so that I don't have to fanny around next year before uni and find myself in a "THERE'S NO FUCKING LAPTOPS! THE SHOPS ARE SHUT! WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE ANY LEFT??? :mad2:" .

Momiji
08-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I just ordered my new one last week. Still waiting for it to come. It's name is Honeybee - It's bright yellow. Liz named it. ♥ :jess:

It has 4 gigs of RAM and a 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS video card so I can actually play computer games from this decade again.

The only thing I'm sad about is that, despite this laptop being so crappy, it has a really really wide screen. My new laptop is like, 14 or 15 inches wide only. D:

Ryechu ordered the same laptop as I have (Dell Inspiron 1420), FYI. The only difference between them is hers is yellow and mine is black. (I found no logical reason to spend $25 extra on a part of the computer I rarely see.) :p

Zeldy
08-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I do not have a laptop, and this computer is one my parents bought/put together.

I really want my own laptop for college though.

rubah
08-09-2008, 10:12 PM
the last laptop I bought was my current macbook pro <333

Shoeberto
08-09-2008, 10:24 PM
The last new computer I got for myself was the one I'm one now which is really outdated. I've wanted to do an overhaul for a while but it hasn't been in the cards yet.

Last year I did have a laptop on loan from my job, and while its specs were somewhat impressive it wasn't really made for performance (heat was a pretty big issue)

Miriel
08-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I have a first generation Macbook Pro. It's kinda outdated already and it's hot as a mothersmurfer.

But I'm gonna buy a desktop Mac Pro soon. 8gb of ram, yummy. :)

Yar
08-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I got an HP Pavilion dv2810 for graduation.

I love it, but it's video card recently decided to say "NO! NO MORE COMPUTING! DO SOMETHING ELSE!" so HP is currently fixing it for me becuase of the fancy warranty. :D

Roto13
08-10-2008, 12:50 AM
HAH! It was a Pavilion! So was mine. While the knock to the floor was the final straw, I'd had assloads of problems with my HP Pavilion. It was only, like, two years old, but the wireless card would cut out randomly, sometimes the sound would just disappear and I'd have to fidget with it for hours to get it back, not that it was particularly loud when I did have it. The screen was getting really dim and hard to see. The mouse just didn't work at all. Some keys on the keyboard required a severe pounding to get them to actually input anything. The SD card reader cut out, and one of my SUB ports mysteriously stopped working entirely. Oh, and it used to overheat if you sneeze on it.

Have fun with that.

louby_4eva
08-10-2008, 01:20 AM
I bought one a month ago, a white Dell inspiron 1525. I love it, it's actually 8 times better than my previous laptop :D :D :D

My old one couldn't do more than one thing at a time without attempting to die so I really needed a new one.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Tidus_the_Almighty
08-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I actually just bought a Dell XPS 1500 or whatever number it is.

crono_logical
08-10-2008, 02:15 AM
I got a Thinkpad Z61p August last year :p The 1920x1200 laptop screen is worth it :D

Yamaneko
08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I have a Thinkpad T61p. It's a solid machine.

Rantz
08-10-2008, 10:20 PM
HP Pavilion dv9607eo (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01257066&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=3636811&rule=18356&lang=)

Still works well.

Magixion
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
I also got a ThinkPad T61P at the beginning of this year.

The other new comp I got isn't a laptop, but I made a new PC which is smurfing sexy. E8500 Wolfsdale core 2 dual 3.16ghz with an nvidia 8800GTS video card.

Mirage
08-10-2008, 11:25 PM
I haven't bought a new *computer* lately, but I recently replaced my three oldest hard disks with two new ones. One at 500 GB, the other at 1000 GB. At the same time, I got 4 GB of RAM, and the best CPU i could find for this 3 year old socket 939 motherboard. namely an Athlon XP 4000+. Then I installed Windows XP x64 so that I could make use of all my newly aquired RAM. It feels pretty nice.

I'll probably get another 1 TB drive before next year, and then I'll start saving up for my new Nehalem-based computer which isn't going to have one byte less than 12 GB RAM.

KH-Cloudy
08-11-2008, 06:04 AM
I have a Toshiba Satellite T2050

It's outdated because it only has 512mb of RAM :( Another thing I Don't like is that the graphics are integrated. But, what can I say? I got this thing about two years ago! :p It has all my logs, pictures, and especially my entertainment!

Hoping to get a desktop next year with my brother.

XxSephirothxX
08-11-2008, 06:08 AM
I've had my desktop since about November, I think. It's custom-built by a friend of mine, overclocked dual-core to 3 ghz, 8600 GTS, couple gigs of ram, 3 HDDs, etc etc.

I Took the Red Pill
08-11-2008, 06:19 AM
I got a Gateway P-173X FX a little over a month ago. 4 GB of RAM, 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS 512MB video card.