PDA

View Full Version : so much potential...

.:kerrod:.
08-10-2008, 02:07 AM
ok, this is a star wars game thread :p leave now before your virginity actually comes back

anywho, there are a lot of games that have spawned from this much-loved franchise, but more than half are duds...this is probably the easiest franchise to make games for, but i've never really found the perfect one...

my question to you is, which games from this franchise are your favourites/least favourites?

for example, there was a game on the playstation one called "Star Wars Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles" which i really loved, though this could be because of my age at the time and a range of other variables, but whatever, it was awesome...also, my friend and i always used to play games like "Vigilante" and....i can't remember the other one...but "Star Wars Demolition" was a similar format, and that was another one of my favourites from this series.

P.S. List of Star Wars video games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Wars_video_games)

Croyles
08-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Jedi Knight, cant remember which one, was the only one I enjoyed.
I enjoyed it a lot though.

blackmage_nuke
08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
I really enjoyed Jedi Power battles for ps as well though i could never get past the second level.

I think my favourite was the pod racing one for N64.

There was a game which followed the story of Episode 1. I think the game was just called Star wars episode I phantom menace, It had alot of potential as well but my god was it buggy. There was a bug about every minute (not exagerating) and it was extremely annoying. It would otherwise have been a really good game.

Rostum
08-10-2008, 03:49 AM
Star Wars games I enjoyed:

Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars: Battlefront II

Roto13
08-10-2008, 03:59 AM
I really liked Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire for N64. I might rent The Force Unleashed when it comes out, if it's any good. Just because of Soul Calibur. :P

08-10-2008, 04:20 AM
yeah, the force unleashed looks fairly awesome, i'll probably get it for my wii ^_^

and im pretty sure i played The Phantom Menace...i liked what i played, but it was only a few minutes. I also really like the battlefront games, though i think the second one left out things that were good on the first one...also, they should have included Naboo Starfighters dammit! :p

EDIT: Oh, and i think Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi was the worst one i've played :tongue: what's goin' on there?

Karellen
08-10-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm no Star Wars fan but KOTOR is excellent. I also remember having fun with Return of the Jedi for the gameboy when I was a kid, although it was probably a gimped port of the SNES version or something.

08-10-2008, 04:33 AM
is KOTOR really that good? i've heard it's awesome, but i don't like the whole 'turn-based battle' aspect for a game like this...i mean, if i'm gonna be a jedi, i want to carve them bitches up in real-time action duels :bigsmile:

Karellen
08-10-2008, 04:39 AM
If you can get over the fact that the D20 gameplay and difficulty have been significantly dumbed down from Baldur's Gate II, the game is a blast.

The lightsaber battles look great, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Vyk
08-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Its not an action game, but it doesn't FEEL like a turn-based game. Its actually pretty awesome putting in your commands and then watching your character tear some hell. Not stuff you'd usually be able to accomplish button mashing in real-time. You get a lot of powers and abilities to choose from. The way they mixed action and menus, its a lot like the Tales of- series. And considering the game design went on to spawn Mass Effect, which is real time (albeit a shooter) you can appreciate how close to real-time it can be if you play fast enough. The pausing is optional and convenient. But you can set it up to be more like FF's active time battle system. I wouldn't suggest fighting some of the bosses that way though (KOTOR1's endgame?). But both KOTOR games are by far my favorite Star Wars games. And two of my favorite games. Period

08-10-2008, 01:30 PM
in that case i might look into buying a second-hand copy to try it out...all i've heard are good reports, and i do like the good/evil thing :bigsmile:

Big D
08-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I liked the Star Wars game for the Sega Master System. A neat platformer, with multiple characters, optional side-quests, a top-down driving section on the 'world map' of Tattooine, two kinds of flying combat (including first person), and rewards for getting 100% completion. A simple, but very thorough, detailed and fun game.

Coma
08-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Star Wars: Battlefront II was amazing. I have fond memories of putting proximity mines onto the nose of hoverbikes, driving straight at enemy AT-STs, and jumping off at the last second to insta-kill them. It was terribly risky though, if you hit a tree it'd detonate, same if you went near an enemy soldier.