PDA

View Full Version : Fewest completions?

ReloadPsi
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Of the FFs you've actually beaten, which have you completed the fewest amount of times and why?

I'm tied for FFII, FFV and FFVI, each of which I have beaten once. For FFII I always seem to get about halfway through and then just stop, FFV something always happens to my save, and FFVI I admittedly didn't enjoy as for some reason it felt as though there was too much dungeon crawling... odd because I adore every other aspect of the game. Saying that, I've beaten Awful Fantasy III (Something Awful's hack of FFVI) countless times as I appreciated its humour and unusual difficulty tweaks.

Technically speaking, I've also beaten FFIV once; the PSX version and once on the SNES, which is an easier version anyway and I don't count it (not to be confused with Easytype, a different game again).

Same goes for FFIII; once on NES, once on DS, and then also once blatantly cheating with a team of FEOKs right from the beginning. NES version was because of it suddenly losing my attention, DS version because I only just got it :P

Rantz
08-10-2008, 10:43 PM
I've only beaten FFI and FFX once. FFI for Eyes on Plays, and I just finished FFX today, or if it was yesterday.

Jessweeee♪
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
FFIX and FFIV.

FFIV I just didn't like, and FFIX is my newest one so I've only gotten around to playing it once :p

Saber
08-10-2008, 10:58 PM
I've beaten all of them 2 or more times except 2, 4 5 and thats it. My most was FF7.

Slothy
08-10-2008, 11:37 PM
FFXII because I haven't had time to play through again since getting it, and FFIX. The fact that I've only played all the way through FFIX once is rather ironic since it's my second favourite in the series. I have gotten half to three quarters of the way through several times though. I just don't have as much time as I used to to play games as long as RPG's often, particularly when new games come out.

Yar
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
VII. One time was enough.

I still need to beat IX, X-2 and XII for a first time.

Roto13
08-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm half way through my second playthrough of XII. :P Life got crazy and I literally didn't have the chance to continue playing it. I'm definitely going to play it when I get my PS2 back in a couple of weeks. :P

I've only finished IX once for some reason. I really loved it, but I just never got around to trying it again. It's on my list.

I finished VII once because it's just not worth a second playthrough.

rubah
08-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I think I've beaten ff2 twice, but I can't say for certain.
ff3 once (eyes on plays thanks you!)
ff4 once
I think I've played ff6 twice but I'm not for certain
ff9 once
tactics-advanced once.

of course ff1 and ff tactics tie for 0 completions.

Vermachtnis
08-10-2008, 11:58 PM
I've beaten 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 12 once. I don't like playing games more than once if they don't have New Game+ or an upgraded release :p

PeneloRatsbane
08-11-2008, 12:25 AM
X just found it to be a lil meh, i mean don't me wrong it was beautiful, but i hated Sphere grids and i wasn't thrilled with Yuna. got nothing against her but i don't think shes that great, cept her Bowie eyes, they rule.

I would play XII again because it was fun to play and fran and Balthier rock. and Ashe is kick ass and Basch is awesome but under used. (he should have been the hero)
never finished IX, cos the cast didn't grab me as much,

VII and VIII a few times

Vivisteiner
08-11-2008, 01:04 AM
Id advise you guys definitely to replay FFIX. Funny thing for me was that I didnt love FFIX all that much first time I played it. It was only after replaying the game that it really hit me how amazing it was. Then again, maybe I was too young when I first played it to really appreciate it.

Ive complete FFIX loads, FFX a few times, FFXII almost twice, FFVIII almost twice and FFVII 1 and a bit times. I might carry on with FFVII some more now.

Yar
08-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Id advise you guys definitely to replay FFIX. Funny thing for me was that I didnt love FFIX all that much first time I played it. It was only after replaying the game that it really hit me how amazing it was. Then again, maybe I was too young when I first played it to really appreciate it.

Trust me Veevs, it's on my list! :D

I have it on my PSP ready to go. I'm just distracted with XI and XII, right now. I think I got to disc 3 before my brother deleted my data. I've just felt that I can't be assed into playing, especially since the first disc is so painfully slow... :(

Vivisteiner
08-11-2008, 01:10 AM
^Yeah...the thing is, its not the kind of game you should play when you're in a rush. Its the kind of game you need time to appreciate and you need to spend hours in a row instead of 15 minutes here and there. When you've got a decent amount of time, sit back, relax and enjoy.

08-11-2008, 05:46 AM
Of the ones I played, I only finished the following once:

II-- because the game is terrible. It's not even bad for a final fantasy, it's just /bad/.

VIII-- I might have /eventually/ gone ahead with a second playthrough, but it was eating up a few gigs on my hard drive and I didn't have any real desire to play it again, so into the recycle bin it went. No regrets.

Tactics-- I've tried to play again at least twice and then I felt like "eh, whatever." Come to think of it, I may as well delete that one too. Who am I kidding? *frees up another 537 MB.*

s[H]sIkuA
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM
In order from fewest to the most completion)

Never played II, III, X and XII

V - Lol always stopped middle of the game, not sure why.
IV - same as V
IX - same as IV, although I am in the process of beating it this time :p
I - Once. Will get back to this once I get a DS
Tactics - Twice
VII - Twice/Thrice
VI - More than 3 times
FFTA - More than 5 (1 save game that reached 300 hours :eek:)
VIII - I lost count. Currently doing a perfect low level game

ps: My fav FF is not VIII but I just love to replay the game :D

Bolivar
08-11-2008, 08:04 PM
II-- because the game is terrible. It's not even bad for a final fantasy, it's just /bad/.

Have you tried either of the remakes? I know I could never be asked to play the NES version, but the GBA port was pretty great to me.

Other than XI, I've beaten pretty much all of them at least twice. Only ones I've completed once:

III - even though I've started about 3 files, just didn't beat it on one and I'm kinda playing through one now.
V - Got through most of the N-Zone on a second playthrough before saying "F This". As much as I like it, I just didn't want to go and level grind after that.
Tactics - I've gotten stuck on maybe 3 (maybe even 4) playthroughs, only beat it once, it was damn worth it, but I'm gonna have to give it some time before I delve into that masterpiece again. It's real demanding.

08-11-2008, 08:34 PM

Have you tried either of the remakes? I know I could never be asked to play the NES version, but the GBA port was pretty great to me.

No I haven't. It was the nes version I somehow managed to suffer through. But I did hear that one or several of the remakes fixed what I considered to be game-killing problems, so who knows, maybe I'll give that a shot someday.

rubah
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I liked the nes version :(

Big D
08-12-2008, 01:45 AM
At the moment, I've completed XII and V only once each. Which is strange, since XII's one of my favourite titles in the series. I'm up to the Pharos on my second playthrough, so I'll progress again once the mood takes me.

As for FFV, I started a second game last year. I got up to just past the ship graveyard, but haven't done anything since then. One of these days...

My greatest number of replays is FFVII. I have no idea how many times I've completed that one, and it's been a few years since the last time, but it never gets old for me. I find out something new every time.

Unstoppable Pig
08-12-2008, 12:07 PM
I have beaten only once I-II, VIII-X, XII. I liked XII and IX very much but just havenīt had time to play again these games. I plan to play all these games 100% though.

I have beaten III-VII more than once. III ( NES once, DS once) twice and VII twice. I had cool VII save where almost everything was done but then save crystal glitch got me stuck in a certain room of Northern crater. IV-VI are my favorite FF-games and I know them very well. But I have only completed IV (GBA) 100% ( 100% beastiary, all characters 99 lvl and all main and sidequests completed, I did not get Adamant armor, Iīm not wasting my time on so rare stuff) .

I would also like to play Tactics which I consider to be unofficial FFXI.
But I donīt own PSP and I donīt plan to get one only for a one game.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-12-2008, 12:19 PM
I haven't beaten any of them yet. However, I have gotten 80% done on VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2, on many numerous occasions. I always get to the last disc and just get bored with it.

Oh wait, I beat Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus.

scrumpleberry
08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
V - ARGH ARGH JOB CLASSES
Mystic Quest - Just didn't like it enough to play twice ;)

I'm not counting games where I'm half-arsedly messing around in a second playthrough (II), because I do like them enough to complete them twice, evidently.

I've completed IV GBA 3 times, going on 4. A nu record!

Captain Maxx Power
08-12-2008, 01:30 PM
FF12. I've completed once, I shall never touch that bubonic plague of a game so long as I live.

Heath
08-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Only beaten FFIII and FFXII once. FFIII because I wasn't that fussed on it, FFXII because it's such a large and time-consuming game. I will, however, most definitely be going back to FFXII.

ljkkjlcm9
08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Can't get myself to beat FFII
Can't get myself to sit down and play through the rest of IX, X or XII, and it's not like I don't enjoy the games, I just can't get myself to for some reason.

THE JACKEL

Wolf Kanno
08-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Not counting XI, spin-offs, and sequels...

FFI- Beat it once, actually started two other files but never finished either of them. Need to get back to that...

FFII- Beat it once need to get back to it cause its a wonderfully under-appreciated gem of a game.:D

FFIII- Beat it once, need to start a new file cause it was awesome and deserves a another playthrough.

FFXII- Beat it once, also deserves another playthrough cause its another wonderfully under-appreciated gem of a game.

Except for Tactics, most other non-main FFs have either been completed once or not at all.

I also find it amusing that the games I like tend to be ones I've played very little while I've devoted more time to games I don't care about. (FFX, Crisis Core)

Depression Moon
08-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Out of completions which excludes VII for me, would be FFIV which I've only beaten once. I've had enough time to go for a second playthrough, but i've been occupied by other games. I think I've beaten IX about 12 times.

Shadowdeathrose
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
FF3 only beat it once. the others some stretch from at least 4 times to at least 10

arcanedude34
08-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Sadly, I think IX is the only one I've beaten more than once. I've beaten I once, am working on II, am really bored of III, beat IV once, beat V once, beat VI, Beat VII, can't be bothered with VIII, beat X once can't afford XI :'( and am working on XII. Oh wait, I beat Crisis Core twice and TA2 twice, but idk if they count cuz they aren't main series.

If it counts, I've beaten all three of the KH games like five times each by now haha.

Zeromus_X
08-14-2008, 02:27 AM
FFX. I've only played it once. I'd love to play it again, but the lack of a skip event feature present in FFX-2/FFXII makes it very difficult.