PDA

View Full Version : First version beaten?

ReloadPsi
08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Done this in the FFIV forum already: which version did you complete first, not just play? Cheating or hacking doesn't count either!

I first beat the PSX version, then GBA, then NES, which I'd previously attempted several times but never done despite always making good progress... then one day I stopped using Black Mages and the game always beat itself after that. I'm a bit of a loser I'm afraid. Ironically the PSX version I've only beaten once in contrast to those other two which I've aced dozens of times each.

Vermachtnis
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Origins. It's still the only I've beaten. I tried on Nes, but the thing was old and got past the vampire and my save was erased.

Saber
08-10-2008, 11:02 PM
I was the first to pick Nes

Zeromus_X
08-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I beat the GBA version first, even though I played the NES version well before that. Eventually I did get to finish the NES version.

Yar
08-11-2008, 12:06 AM
I first played NES on a NES (not emulator! :) ), but really beat Origins first, then GBA, then NES.

I have absolutely no desire to play the PSP version because I found it atrocious.

scrumpleberry
08-11-2008, 12:49 AM
GBA yay! It was spectacularly easy though...I'd like to give it a go on another platform...

Brennan
08-11-2008, 02:24 AM
The only version I played and beaten was the GBA

Evastio
08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
For me it was Origins, the NES Version, then the GBA version in that order.

08-14-2008, 01:24 AM
The NES version on an actual NES, neither of which I procured through ebay. Which.... probably makes me too old to be on this board without it being sad =(

Slothy
08-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Frankly I still haven't beaten any of them. Made decent progress in the NES version a few times, but my bitter hatred of the menu layouts generally made me give up eventually every time. I am playing through the GBA version now though after buying it a few weeks back, and am currently farther than I ever got in the NES version. Since the menus aren't so damned annoying now I'll actually beat the game this time.

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
NES version, as that was the only version available. Not only was it the only one available, I always chuckle when I remember that it was so cutting edge because you had four party members and could choose your classes.

Yar
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
The NES version on an actual NES, neither of which I procured through ebay. Which.... probably makes me too old to be on this board without it being sad =(

What are you talking about!? I own my own NES and NES copy (not from eBay) and I'm not too old. (18)

AaronSOLDIER
08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
It was the PSX version for me (a few weeks ago in fact) but now I'm going to finish it again to get all the images in the gallery unlocked, and then onto FF2! ;)

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 06:32 PM

What are you talking about!? I own my own NES and NES copy (not from eBay) and I'm not too old. (18)
I own both as well, and I'm too old to be here, so we have your bases covered. ;)

Crossblades
08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
The only version I played and beaten was the GBA

bipper
08-14-2008, 08:43 PM

I own both as well, and I'm too old to be here, so we have your bases covered. ;)

I am just behind the mullet, and a fine behind it is. That aside, I have not reached the age where I open a final fantasy fansite to try to relive my boy hood. So I think I am still ok... ? :/

Slothy
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I am just behind the mullet, and a fine behind it is.

He does work out you know.

And 25 and 30 are hardly old. Then again, maybe I'm just trying to convince myself since it won't be long for me.

08-14-2008, 11:45 PM

Wait, is that even possible? I'm a bit busy to do the light research and math, so how about I just change it to "not procured from ebay, a second hand gaming shop, or an older sibling." Are you still in?

Or, anyone who doesn't have anything better to do can go ahead and figure out the cutoff age for having been able to get the stuff when it was still on the first-hand market. But I'm still going to guess that said cutoff age is most likely close to the cutoff age for how old you can be and regularly be on a video game forum without the world taking some pity on you. No offense to Mullet. Offense to me is fine, though.

Yar
08-15-2008, 02:51 AM
My grandparents bought both for me, but at different times, mind you.

I think I got the game when I turned either four or five, but I can't remember how long I've had the NES. I even had to replace its 72-pins to keep it ticking until today.

I'm awaiting the day I have to change the Final Fantasy battery though. :(

black orb
08-15-2008, 04:57 AM
>>> I played it on my Nintendo.. It was awesome.

Rase
08-16-2008, 05:27 AM
I beat the GBA version first, even though I played the NES version well before that. Eventually I did get to finish the NES version.

DarkLadyNyara
08-24-2008, 09:55 AM
The only one I've beaten was the GBA version. Eventually I'll get around to Origins. Eventually.

theundeadhero
09-04-2008, 11:32 PM
NES, of course. It was the only version available at the time. I beat it on my nintendo that I've had since I was five. My copy of the game came from the store.

crazybayman
10-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Original NES console here!

Console I got for Christmas when it first came out. FF1 was my older cousin's copy, complete with Nintendo Power Strategy Guide

BOOYACHAKA!!

Unstoppable Pig
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
NES....emulator. I donīt know if that is considered cheating, I didnīt use any cheats, only way I made playing easy was saving whenever I wanted but no during fights. It was a wonder that I beated Chaos on a first try. I also met Warmech accidentally and my characters got new ass.

Thais
11-07-2008, 10:40 AM
I played through the PS version and finished it (and then got it on GBA, haha).

Having a Knight, Ninja, Monk, and Red Mage as a party was frustrating to say the least - no good magic. Nuuuu ;_;

Flying Mullet
11-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Having a Knight, Ninja, Monk, and Red Mage as a party was frustrating to say the least - no good magic. Nuuuu ;_;
The first time I played FFI this was my party as I didn't know how to change classes. I thought the Black Belt was a Black Mage and I couldn't figure out how to teach him spells. xD