PDA

View Full Version : trick to make learning enemy skills easy

mindfray
08-11-2008, 04:16 AM
so i have been trying to get the razor weeds to use magic hammer on me, and the beach plugs to use big guard so i could learn the skills.

i found an easy way to learn these skills, i think they have to be lower level than you and i will explain why.

Manipulation, the materia everyone gets with cait sith?

i manipulated a beach plug into using big guard on my group. both members who had the enemy skill materia learned it. then i went and manipulated razor weeds into using magic hammer on my allies that had enemy skill materia equiped.

now i think getting the rest of the great enemy skills is going to be a peice of cake as long as they are lower level.

Momiji
08-11-2008, 04:24 AM
Common knowledge is common.

It does work, though.

Yar
08-11-2008, 05:09 AM
There are abilities in V that can only be learned this way.

Comet
08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of people attempt manipulation, but beware, it is not as easy as it sounds. As you progress through the game, some monsters are completely unaffected by manipulation, and those are the monsters who hold the most powerful spells. Manipulation also misses quite a lot on high level monsters.

ReloadPsi
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Manipulate is required for White Wind, Big Guard, Angel Whisper, Dragon Force (lol) and Death Force (Death Force + Curse Ring at low levels = Dance All Night).

It can also net you Frog Song, Magic Hammer, Flame Thrower, Laser, Matra Magic, Aqualung, Magic Breath, Goblin Punch, L5 Death and Roulette much more reliably.

Heath
08-11-2008, 06:52 PM
It's the least stressful way to get enemy skills and certainly the only way to get some of the more useful spells (White Wind, Big Guard, Angel Whisper).

Big D
08-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Manipulate is required for White Wind, Big Guard, Angel Whisper, Dragon Force (lol) and Death Force.

It can also net you Frog Song, Magic Hammer, Flame Thrower, Laser, Matra Magic, Aqualung, Magic Breath, Goblin Punch, L5 Death and Roulette much more reliably.Yup. In every game, as soon as I get Cait Sith and his materia, I'm off to the beach for some Big Guardin'.

Chocobuckle's easily the most obscure Enemy Skill, requiring the most unusual strategy to obtain, without actually being a very useful skill at all.

Saber
08-12-2008, 02:20 AM
very helpful. The only problem with enemy skills is... well I have two, one being pandoras box (which you get one shot at learning if you don't then you can never get it, and two being trine (three shots in the entire game to learn it.) For one I always have all four enemy skills equip when I first fight the Zombie Dragon in the final dungeon (requires taking the right path at the first split up between the gang) and then I wait til end of disk two or disk three to do Yuffies quest to get Leviathan and her final limit break "All Creation" by climbing the pillar then I equip whoever with the enemy skills that don't have trine on them and then I fight Godo, who is the last one and Yuffies Father.

BG-57
08-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Cast Death Force on allies and enemies when learning Roulette. Makes it a lot easier.

Double-equipping E.Skill is necessary to master all four of them, as was mentioned.

Don't waste time hunting Dragon Zombies if the first one don't cast Pandora's Box after being mortally wounded. Go back to a previous save and try again.