PDA

View Full Version : error smart?

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
does anyone use error smart as a virus protection program? i just heard about it and i wanna know if its legit and not a virus or anything :p

its supposed to scan, fix any errors on your pc, and in the process speed up your pc in the end O_o sounds too good to be true. and its free

Welcome to ErrorSmart.com - Fix PC Error, Improve PC Performance! (http://www.errorsmart.com) if anyone wants to check it out

again i just want to know if its legit, safe, and if it actually works lol :p

Flying Mullet
08-11-2008, 02:56 PM
in the end O_o sounds too good to be true.
Typically, this is the case.

I'd search around for reviews and discussions on other message boards. I'm sure there has to be some feedback about this somewhere on the internet tubes.

Reading over the site, it automatically runs some Windows utilities for you, such as defragmenting, which you can run yourself as well through the start menu.

Yar
08-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm afraid to click the link because some malware is disguised as anti-malware.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-11-2008, 08:32 PM
dont download this!! its a scam! just found out right now on forums and youtube, apparently if you try and uninstall it it gives u a virus :o

Flying Mullet
08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
Then your post should be edited so no one downloads it. :p

rubah
08-11-2008, 08:53 PM
there is a very simple way to ensure that you won't have to worry about things like this.

1) stop using ie6; use ie7, firefox, opera, whatever, just not ie6.
2) don't open attachments that aren't something you absolutely know is safe in e-mails.
3) use a free antivirus like clam, avg, or avast or whatever, and keep them up to date. Don't bother paying for one. They tend to suck pretty hard.
4) don't open .exe files you find on p2p sites unless you scan them first.

Or
1) use linux/mac

I tell you this because I did not even bother to reinstall a spyware detector the last time I installed windows. And it didn't make a difference because of the above habits. And the last time I installed windows was because I wanted to format my harddrive, not to get rid of viruses.

It affords you great peace of mind when you can just ignore sites like this completely.

Flying Mullet
08-11-2008, 09:02 PM
1) stop using ie6; use ie7, firefox, opera, whatever, just not ie6.
At work, our customer hasn't upgraded to IE7 yet, so I have to keep IE6 on my computer so I can ensure our web apps work properly. This is an internal IBM account/customer too. You'd think a technology company would be the first to embrace updates in technology. :(

Yar
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
YAY! I was right! :D

Maybe I shouldn't be happy about this. Oh well...