PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever completed this game?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
I got to the space station and after Rinoa opened up that tomb the game froze up on me.

blackmage_nuke
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I suggest if you know anyone with the game you borrow it from them and play until you are passed the point where the game freezes and save. Then you can resume playing on your normal disc. Though other problems may arise later and continually borrowing the game might seem abit annoying.
The first time i played the game stopped somewhere in the dollet mission

Ive completed the game but another problem with mine was the rumble option kept turning itself off.

PeneloRatsbane
08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Ive completed it and a tip if you ever get to complete it, keep watching right to the end of the credits or you'll be left thinking
"OHHH NOOOOO!! no way! thats sad!"
as i did and then i phoned my friend and was like "OMG wth about the end"
and she was like "you idiot thats not what happened you missed the bit where..."

Cleric
08-12-2008, 01:55 PM
That's very true it seems so bleh until you keep watching. I hate it when endings do that

I Don't Need A Name
08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I think its the easiest FF to complete, but has one of the best endings to it!

The Last Oath
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
so easy with the J system

DarkBahamut
08-18-2008, 06:49 AM

the easiest ff to complete is FFX in my thought
It is too specific. Plus the map tells you where to go all the time. (EVIL RED ARROW)

Carl the Llama
08-24-2008, 03:53 PM

It is too specific. Plus the map tells you where to go all the time. (EVIL RED ARROW)

easiest? FFX was far from easiest, infact it was the only FF I ever had trouble on, did you ever fight Pennance?

Goldenboko
08-24-2008, 04:01 PM

easiest? FFX was far from easiest, infact it was the only FF I ever had trouble on, did you ever fight Pennance?

Penance was only available in non NTSC copies of FFX. And beating FFX actually wasn't very difficult, BFA was pretty easy, even with a lowered leveled party, and well for the rest of the fights you couldn't die. All of the optional bosses where pretty toughing (Minusing Omega what a disappointment he was). FFX laid out exactly how to complete the main story, so I would say it was quite easy to complete.

cloud21zidane16
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes ive completed it, and i agree its a really great ending!

Wolf Kanno
08-24-2008, 09:23 PM
I've beaten quite a few times. Its ending is a little too fairy tale for me though.

I have problems with my disc as well since I got a small scratch on the 3rd disc that appears during a simple cutscene that lasts a minute. Due to the scratch it now takes 20 minutes... Throw in the fact I felt the cutscene in question is a bit unnecessary (its the one where the pillar places itself over the Lunar Point) and you can see why I've been a bit hesitant to play.

X is the easiest to complete. Yeah the extra challenges are hard but they are completely optional and hold no benefits gameplay or storywise except for bragging rights. The main story is pathetically easy.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 01:49 AM
I've beaten quite a few times. Its ending is a little too fairy tale for me though.

I have problems with my disc as well since I got a small scratch on the 3rd disc that appears during a simple cutscene that lasts a minute. Due to the scratch it now takes 20 minutes... Throw in the fact I felt the cutscene in question is a bit unnecessary (its the one where the pillar places itself over the Lunar Point) and you can see why I've been a bit hesitant to play.

X is the easiest to complete. Yeah the extra challenges are hard but they are completely optional and hold no benefits gameplay or storywise except for bragging rights fun. The main story is pathetically easy.

fix'd

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Its all in the eye of the beholder my Chocobo-chum ;)

ReloadPsi
08-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Most likely more times than VII, and IX, and easily far more times than II through to VI, as well as X. More than I on the other hand... I ain't so sure.

I'm not sure why, but I have actually played through this game an insane number of times.

Hyperion4444
08-26-2008, 03:07 AM
Since when was an RPG actually hard?

Final Fantasy VIII was fun because it gave you multiple optional challenges along the way. (Goliath/XATM092 'black widow', some GFs, Weapons, some selectable enemy encounters and optional bosses)
If only there were more of thoses.

Aerisfanatic
08-26-2008, 04:25 AM
Im on disc four but I havent beaten it yet cause I cant find my playstation memory card.

Zeromus_X
08-26-2008, 04:33 AM
I think I beat it once. Every other time I tried to play it again something happened and I just never ended up finishing it again. Oh well.

Wolf Kanno
08-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Since when was an RPG actually hard?

You've never played a MegaTen game have you? Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (Lucifer's Call if you're European) has made a many a hardcore RPG fan cry and suck their thumb as they tightly held onto their favorite Final Fantasy. ;)

SABR
09-07-2008, 03:31 AM
I love FF8, but I hate it, if you get what I mean. Sadly and embarassingly, I've never finished it.

My first time through, I had exactly 6 GFs when I got to disc 4 (didn't figure out to draw them from bosses til it was too late). I saved in the time compression, not knowing I couldn't go back. I was completely unprepared for the big sorceress battle, and never got into the castle. I had to start over.

I've tried re-playing it several times. I keep forgetting a certain GF and starting over, because I learned the hard way that without GFs, you are *screwed!* Truthfully, I've only passed disc 1 on ONE occasion. I really hate FF8. But I still love it. It's weird.

Dark_Mage_Palom
09-09-2008, 10:14 PM
I remember beating this game for the first time, got all the way to final form Ultimecia and dying.

Had to start all over, man that pissed me off. :mog:

Elskidor
09-10-2008, 02:15 AM
It has one of the best FF endings, if not the best. I bought it when it first came out, and I was not that crazy about the game at first. Infact, I lost interest when I had to find the White Seed ship, and a couple years later a friend made me watch the ending. That was inspiration to go back and finish what I started.

Spatvark
09-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I've tried re-playing it several times. I keep forgetting a certain GF and starting over, because I learned the hard way that without GFs, you are *screwed!* Truthfully, I've only passed disc 1 on ONE occasion. I really hate FF8. But I still love it. It's weird.

Except you can get most of the Guardian Forces INSIDE Ultimecia's Castle. Practically every boss there has a GF you can draw from it, if you don't already have the corresponding one. Even then, the only GF's you really need are Alexander, Bahamut, Cerberus, Diablos, Doomtrain and Quezacotl. All the rest are just making up the numbers really, and filling out the Junction slots.

If you're really having that hard a time of it though, I suggest you actually level LESS. Omega Weapon is the only enemy whose level doesn't scale with yours, and the lower level will cause your enemies to actually have less abilities, e.g. Ruby Dragons won't be able to use Breath, while you can manipulate Mid Mag-RF, High Mag-RF, and Forbid Mag-RF into getting you the higher level spells that you can't draw from the weaker enemies. This puts you at an overwhelming advantage over them as you junction these spells to your stats.

SABR
09-21-2008, 07:12 AM
I officially change my answer to "yes, I have completed this game."

nik0tine
10-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Like 20 times.

Mercen-X
10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Simple enough. But I lost my copy and have to find a replacement on Am/eBay. It's been, what, six years? Shaet.

Prisonic Fairytale
12-02-2008, 03:42 AM
I've beaten it two or three times. I feel your pain though. During one playthrough *every time* I summoned Brothers the game froze and there was absolutely nothing I could do to fix it.

Iceglow
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I've beaten it two or three times. I feel your pain though. During one playthrough *every time* I summoned Brothers the game froze and there was absolutely nothing I could do to fix it.

Take it from a pro, brothers is unnecessary. By the time you get it you're either really low leveled or actually higher levelled than what most people would be (training near timber took me to level 50+ by fighting Vysage on disc 1) In case of the former well, Quezacotl, Ifrit, Shiva will do nicely until you pick up leviathan and pandemonium on disc 2, very few opponents are weak to earth damage. If like me you tend to be level 50+ by the end of disc 1 then you can start using Diablo to good effect, his damage is based on hp and capped at 9,999 so you can quickly take sizable chunks off an opponent of around 4000+ a summon with him from level 50 onwards. Below level 50 Diablos doesn't do much damage because enemy hp is low.

Prisonic Fairytale
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Take it from a pro, brothers is unnecessary. By the time you get it you're either really low leveled or actually higher levelled than what most people would be (training near timber took me to level 50+ by fighting Vysage on disc 1) In case of the former well, Quezacotl, Ifrit, Shiva will do nicely until you pick up leviathan and pandemonium on disc 2, very few opponents are weak to earth damage. If like me you tend to be level 50+ by the end of disc 1 then you can start using Diablo to good effect, his damage is based on hp and capped at 9,999 so you can quickly take sizable chunks off an opponent of around 4000+ a summon with him from level 50 onwards. Below level 50 Diablos doesn't do much damage because enemy hp is low.

Yes, I know quite alot about Final Fantasy VIII.

It was just annoying. Although I hardly use GFs at all. Their learned abilities far outweigh their benefit as attackers. I even find that the defense that their HP provides then they are being summoned is more useful, especially Tonberry. :eep:

black orb
12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
>>> I beat it once but i didnt get all the good stuff.

levary
12-08-2008, 05:15 AM
anyone knows how to get the piece of vase in armorr suit???

Typhoon
04-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Passed it 6 or 7 times but from 4 onward I had to start halfway through disc 1 because at the part where you see Zell and he does a back flip it froze so I haven't done the SeeD Field Exam for a while. And yeah, the GF's are close to useless apart from using their junction abilities. Sorry dunno where the vase in armor suit thingy is, i don't do little Winhill side quests if that is what it is.