PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Code Veronica

Zeta
08-12-2008, 07:33 AM
RAGE!!!! WHY IS IT SO HARD?

I go to kill or run from zombies, both fail. There is no survival! Compared to RE4, the earlier RE games were so much harder, I remember this with RE3, but sadly didn't learn my lesson. Is there any sane strategy to these? The controls are clunky and you always end up getting attacked and losing health and there's never enough herbs.

And why am I going around mixing suspicious looking plants to "heal" myself anyway? NONSENSEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Shoeberto
08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh, so you played RE4 first then went back to the earlier games?

Yeah, they're a lot different. It's kind of an acquired taste. It worked a lot better in the 32-bit era and got outdated pretty fast, hence the retooling of the series. If you want to revisit the games sorta without having to trudge through all that, I'd recommend checking out The Umbrella Chronicles on Wii, or just looking up the storylines on Wikipedia or something. Nolstalgia makes the games much better for fans.

I still haven't played CV. I've always wanted to find a copy but it's always been fairly expensive even on the used market, or at least it was the last I looked for it.

Dreddz
08-12-2008, 08:35 PM
The hardest thing about the RE series before RE4 was the fixed camera angles that deliberately made it harder to see where the enemies were. You'd run right into enemies a lot of the time. But other than that the games weren't too difficult. The puzzles sometime made no sense so it was hard to know what to do a lot of the time. But I remember Code Veronica actually worked on this and most of the time the puzzles were obvious. The game was harder the RE3 but still easier than the first two in my opinion. Have you made sure that you didn't put the difficulty to hard?