PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight Sequel - SPOILERS

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Who do you think is gonna be the main villian in The Dark Knight's sequel? Let's see Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent/Two-Face) died in The Dark Knight and Heath Ledger (The Joker) died in real life so who's left?

Do you think Deadshot and Bane could work in Chris Nolan's realistic approach?

Mark the spoilers please ~hero

Depression Moon
08-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Just to start. I think you should add in some spoilers on that post.

I Don't Need A Name
08-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Two-Face wont be dead
the most feasable enemies would be the likes of The Penguin or Riddler
i think the Penguin would work well in Nolans approach

You know you should mark spoilers already :mad2: ~hero

bipper
08-12-2008, 10:08 PM
CLAYFACE!

I have no real Idea. Being that the Joker IRL died, IDK. I just hope they do not recast. I hate recasting in general, and Ledger did an amazing job. I hope two-face comes back - and a lot more insane. I am more curious to see what goes one with sidekicks, really. I want to see a darker take on robin :)

Goldenboko
08-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I'd love to see Poison Ivy worked into the series, especially with Racheal dead. They could use her as the odd love interest she's suppose to be.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
CLAYFACE!

I have no real Idea. Being that the Joker IRL died, IDK. I just hope they do not recast. I hate recasting in general, and Ledger did an amazing job. I hope two-face comes back - and a lot more insane. I am more curious to see what goes one with sidekicks, really. I want to see a darker take on robin :)

So? They decided to recast Rachel Dawes didn't they? :jokey:

bipper
08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
CLAYFACE!

Rachel is still alive. She was licked by a buncha cats after the explosion and is now cat woman. Duh.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 10:23 PM
CLAYFACE!

Rachel is still alive. She was licked by a buncha cats after the explosion and is now cat woman. Duh.

I'm talking about Chris Nolan replacing Katie Holmes (Rachel Dawes Batman Begins) with Maggie Gyllenhaal (Rachel Dawes The Dark Knight) or were you living under a rock when Batman Begins was released in summer 2005? :jokey:

Don't flame ~hero

Coma
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
looks like somebody's gonna get a warning for not putting in spoilers and starting a thread that already exists.

We have a warn button. Its far more effective then being an ass.

Which is exactly what you're doing. Next time use the warn button yourself ~hero

Avarice-ness
08-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Two-Face wont be dead
i think the Penguin would work well in Nolans approach

I saw on one of those like... aol entertainment things where it shows pictures and tells stuff relating to the actor or picture and it said that rumor had it that the next Batman was going to have the Penguin and the Riddler, Johnny Depp being the Riddler, but I dunno about the penguin.

I Don't Need A Name
08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
oh god
If Johnny Depp becomes anything to do with the Batman series, its gone down the pan.

Slothy
08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I'd personally say that Catwoman is the most obvious choice as she's always played something of a love interest for Batman, though she's not usually what I would call a threat to Gotham. I'd say maybe Talia Al'Ghul could make an appearance. It'd make sense for her to be out for revenge on Batman.

I disagree with the Penguin. He was always more of a gangster in the comics, and any take on him that involves having him associated with actual Penguins is an obvious no go. I just can't see them playing the Gangster angle Batman's war on the mob played so heavily into Begins, and even more so in The Dark Knight. I think iot'd feel kind of like retreading the same old ground. I'm sure if Nolan included him I'd be very pleased with how he was used, but I guess I just never liked the character to begin with.

Flying Mullet
08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
No warning necessary but a spoiler in the thread title is appropriate.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Maybe Nolan could use mobsters again if the audience isn't tired of the mobster angle.

bipper
08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
CLAYFACE!

I'm talking about Chris Nolan replacing Katie Holmes (Rachel Dawes Batman Begins) with Maggie Gyllenhaal (Rachel Dawes The Dark Knight) or were you living under a rock when Batman Begins was released in summer 2005? :jokey:

no I was there, I was just not caring about what you meant. Catwoman is the next villan, I solved the mystery with a clever jab at the lameness of batman returns. This thread can be closed now.

Bunny
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
After the great success of The Dark Knight, Nolan has decided to make a second sequel to the Batman Begins saga. Both Johnny Depp and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are the possible villans for the third installment.

That was taken from Christopher Nolan's Wikipedia page in the section titled "King of Gotham". I'm a fan of both Depp and Hoffman, so I'm interested to see where these rumors will go. Granted, it's Wikipedia and cannot always be trusted, but I think the combination of Depp, Hoffman, Bale and Nolan would make for a pretty fantastic movie.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 10:43 PM
No I was there, I was just not caring about what you meant. Catwoman is the next villan, I solved the mystery with a clever jab at the lameness of batman returns. This thread can be closed now.

I'm just saying if Katie Holmes can be replaced then Heath Ledger can be replaced that's all I'm saying.

Also Catwoman isn't a credible threat to Gotham the way Ra's Al Ghul and The Joker are.

Bunny
08-12-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm just saying if Katie Holmes can be replaced then Heath Ledger can be replaced that's all I'm saying.You're forgetting the part where Holmes is a horrible actor and Ledger was not.

bipper
08-12-2008, 10:47 PM
No I was there, I was just not caring about what you meant. Catwoman is the next villan, I solved the mystery with a clever jab at the lameness of batman returns. This thread can be closed now.

I'm just saying if Katie Holmes can be replaced then Heath Ledger can be replaced that's all I'm saying.

Also Catwoman isn't a credible threat to Gotham the way Ra's Al Ghul and The Joker are.

With teeth.

I clearly ignored what you said as you clearly ignored what I said. If you would have read what I said, my reasoning for not recasting was because of Heath's incredible acting. And you retort with Katie Holmes? :eep:

And Cat woman is a huge threat to gotham, as he has batman "kitty" whipped. It would also explain her vendetta against batman, their love interest, and so on. When the hell did Guy Faux, come into this movie anyways?

I'm just saying if Katie Holmes can be replaced then Heath Ledger can be replaced that's all I'm saying.You're forgetting the part where Holmes is a horrible actor and Ledger was not.

A genius amongst ye!

and after reading:

After the great success of The Dark Knight, Nolan has decided to make a second sequel to the Batman Begins saga. Both Johnny Depp and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are the possible villans for the third installment.

That was taken from Christopher Nolan's Wikipedia page in the section titled "King of Gotham". I'm a fan of both Depp and Hoffman, so I'm interested to see where these rumors will go. Granted, it's Wikipedia and cannot always be trusted, but I think the combination of Depp, Hoffman, Bale and Nolan would make for a pretty fantastic movie.

I am amazed. This is amazing. I would enjoy the third immensely, if this was the case.

Slothy
08-12-2008, 10:49 PM

Agreed. Katie Holmes just kind of got in the way with a pretty boring performance. Ledger not only gave what is, in my opinion, the definitive performance for his character, but really made the movie as good as it was because of it. If the Joker hadn't been awesome, The Dark Knight wouldn't have worked at all.

Goldenboko
08-12-2008, 10:50 PM

I thought she did a good job in Batman Begins tbh.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Once everybody said Jack Nicholson was a great actor and nobody would be able to top his performance as The Joker and look what happened, Heath Ledger came along and he proved everybody wrong. There's another great actor out there who can play The Joker, Nolan just has to find him.

Also what is Catwoman gonna do besides steal jewels? I heard Catwoman is just a jewel thief in the comics and that's why Tim Burton changed her persona for Batman Returns. If Catwoman is gonna be in The Dark Knight sequel Chris Nolan will have to change her persona.

By the way what should they call The Dark Knight sequel? I think it should be called The Batman because the actors in Nolan's films have been using those words to describe Batman very often.

Big D
08-12-2008, 11:02 PM
While it's not a particularly cool thing to say, I think the Joker could be re-cast fairly well. Ledger's face was disguised with makeup and prosthetics, and he used an unnatural voice - two factors that'd make it easier for someone else to take over the role, especially if the sequel takes place a couple of years later when he might feasibly have longer hair, or other differences in his appearance.

Anyway, leaving aside the Joker and assuming he's languishing in Arkham... in the film, he had a massive impact on the city and became known to everyone living there. You can't be that much of a celebrity without attracting fans. Harley Quinn, perhaps? Not much of a 'supervillain' on her own, but she'd work as one of several antagonists.
The Riddler strikes me as too much of a half-asses Joker, not different enough in his concept, so hopefully they'll leave him out. Same goes for villains like Poison Ivy and Doctor Freeze, who have 'actual' superpowers - the Nolan films are doing the right thing by avoiding genuinely supernatural elements like those, I think.

I've always found the Penguin uninteresting and unentertaining, plus he's just not that different from the various mob bosses who've already been seen and vanquished in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. So I guess that leaves a few options open, but the one who comes to mind the most would be Catwoman. As a thief rather than a crime lord, she'd make for a different kind of enemy compared to the earlier films, but she's still got enough of a mystique to be a strong and refreshingly ambiguous villain. As long as they completely ignore Halle Berry's film and skip the "possessed by the spirit of a cat god" thing. Now, I don't think that movie was as terrible as most people do - but I much prefer Nolan's way of grounding his characters in the real world, even the larger-than-life enemies.

Coma
08-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I was discussing this with a friend. I do think that Bane would work well.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Deadshot could probably work in Nolan's film because he's just a sniper and Bane could possibly be a guy who's pumped up on steroids...But Bane and Deadshot aren't enough you need one more villian.

Coma
08-12-2008, 11:55 PM
I'd probably say Catwoman as a side villain/love interest. Since Poison Ivy is out of the question due to the whole superpower thing. And Penguin will not be used. Nolan said he wanted to avoid the Penguin, because all the Penguin is, is a dude with lots of money who can command birds. Not the greatest villain.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 07:14 AM
I'd probably say Catwoman as a side villain/love interest. Since Poison Ivy is out of the question due to the whole superpower thing. And Penguin will not be used. Nolan said he wanted to avoid the Penguin, because all the Penguin is, is a dude with lots of money who can command birds. Not the greatest villain.

You know The Dark Knight sequel would really come full circle if Harvey Dent/Two-Face came back because then Gotham PD would know that Batman is not a killer...But Two-Face is dead and people can't come back from the dead.

Bunny
08-13-2008, 07:36 AM
You cannot say with 100% certainty that Two-Face is dead and cannot come back in the sequel. His "death scene" was ambiguous enough to warrant a possible return, along with several people connected to The Dark Knight, including a producer and Aaron Eckhart himself, saying that he may not be dead and could possibly return for the next movie.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 07:44 AM
You cannot say with 100% certainty that Two-Face is dead and cannot come back in the sequel. His "death scene" was ambiguous enough to warrant a possible return, along with several people connected to The Dark Knight, including a producer and Aaron Eckhart himself, saying that he may not be dead and could possibly return for the next movie.

Well if Selina Kyle could survive a seven story fall I guess Two-Face could survive a four story fall.

Ouch!
08-13-2008, 09:11 AM
Ever since I heard the rumor regarding the Riddler and the Penguin as the next villains to be featured in Nolan's Batman series--played by Depp and Hoffman, no less--I've thought it's a pretty fantastic idea.

The Riddler is a villain driven primarily by an obsessive compulsion. His core defining trait is that he must leave a clue to his crime beforehand. The reason for this compulsion varies in different visions of his character from the comics, and I'm sure Nolan could find one that would be sufficient and consistent with the theme he's aiming for. As long as the Riddler maintains this compulsion, Nolan's free to make him as dark or twisted as he desires without risking damaging the character. Unlike some other Batman villains, he's fairly malleable in that regard and therefore very conducive to new media.

The Penguin, on the other hand, is a mob boss. I'd expect Nolan to stay away from the Danny DeVito characterization of the Penguin. While some people may think having the Penguin as a mere mob boss would be stale and rehashed, I think they're neglecting another important part of the Penguin's role in the comics. The Penguin, at a point, opens a lounge which is most obviously a mere front for seedier activities. However, Batman gives the lounge a grudging seal of approval. This is because the Penguin serves as an informant on occasion regarding the happenings of Gotham's underground.

Consider Batman's position at the end of the Dark Knight. He's a complete social outcast--a villain as far as most of Gotham is concerned. He can no longer rely on the police to be at his side--they're chasing him. This is the perfect time for the Penguin to show up.

The real brilliance of the combination of the Penguin and the Riddler, however, is how well they compliment one another. The Riddler is defined by an obsessive compulsion which requires him to leave various clues in the form of riddles as to what his next objective is. If Batman cannot rely on police intelligence to solve the riddles, would the Penguin not be an amazing source of information? It would certainly be a reluctant alliance--perhaps a mutually beneficial but mutually hostile symbiotic relationship. The Penguin would provide information to help Batman take down the Riddler--the likely more dangerous and more immediate threat--in exchange for Batman's acceptance of the Penguin's less-than-legal activities.

I think when people dismiss the Penguin they're too quickly dismissing him as merely a mob boss when really Nolan could focus on other aspects of his character to avoid it becoming a rehash of what Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have already exposed. Also, last I checked, the Penguin doesn't actually control birds, he just loves them. Other than that, he's a fairly normal guy (although sometimes he's shown with a sort of waddle as a result of a bad hip, which combined with his pointed nose and love for birds, explains his nickname).

Heath
08-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I was thinking that perhaps Black Mask could work. Given that after Batman Begins a lot of the criminals were out in Gotham again and that the Joker messed around with the hierarchy of various gangs a bit, it wouldn't be too implausible for him to appear. I think he's probably one of the better Batman villains as well.

I'm torn on the issue of the Riddler. I like the character, but I don't really like Johnny Depp that much. Certainly feel that Depp would lend something to the character and I'm unable - off the top of my head - to name a better idea for an actor. I also quite like the sound of Ouch!'s idea for Batman working with the Penguin against the Riddler.

Dolentrean
08-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Ouch! just won. In my opinion that is the best idea for the next Batman movie I have heard yet.

One of my coworkers believes that Bane is going to be in the next movie, and that he is going to be the man that was on the criminal boat, the one who tossed the detonator out the window.

He thinks this becuase was a large man, and one shot showed the scaring on his neck. I think that it is just wishful thinking and he is grasping because he likes Bane. Not any solid evidence, but enough for speculation.

Dreddz
08-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I can see the Riddler appearing in the sequel and I would love that. I hated the Riddler in Batman Forever as that was just Jim Carrey being Jim Carrey. I hope the rumors that Johnny Depp will play the Riddler in the sequel are true as he is the most versatile actor in the business and he could probably pull it off.

People like Bane, Mr Freeze and the Penguin are a little ridiculous and probably wouldn't fit in the more realistic tone of the new movies.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 02:16 PM
People like Bane, Mr Freeze and the Penguin are a little ridiculous and probably wouldn't fit in the more realistic tone of the new movies.

Bane could work if he used steroids instead of Venom...or maybe Venom could be described as inhanced steroids.

Madame Adequate
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Ouch! wins, send a copy of that post to Nolan, imo.

bipper
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Ouch! wins, send a copy of that post to Nolan, imo.

I agree completely.

Though, lets not forget that we have two rival mafia families in batman. Falcone and Maroni who will be at odds with the shifts in power! The penguin plays best in these spots, much like the club owner in the cursed matrix squeals.

I would almost like to see Dr. Death. Batman's first real villain; Or should I say, the first villain that was worth anything.:mog:

Either way, I say Two-face is alive. He has to be, dammit. He is only about my favorite villain, Joker aside (especially the new joker) With the mafia powers in chaos, there are only two villains who, above all else, should be there: Twoface and the penguin; possibly the old old old school riddler. The one who has to trump other's crimes with his own, or manifest his riddles into aiding batman.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 04:37 PM
What if Deadshot and Bane were hired mob assassins gunning for Batman and what if Catwoman teamed with The Dark Knight to even the odds?

The idea of a Batman and Catwoman team up is more intriguing to me than Robin teaming up with Bats...Basically because a Batman and Catwoman team up has never been done before in live-action.

Also if The Black Cat can team up with Spider-Man why can't Catwoman team up with Batman?

Peegee
08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Bane would totally work. You would have to rework the plot so it's not as silly. However his entire premise works only after the Rogue's Gallery has been set up (and we don't have enough Batman movies to do that) as he's supposed to unleash all of Arkham upon Gotham.

Otherwise he's just a tough guy, and it will play out like Batman: TAS where Rupert Thorne hires some punk to beat the Bats.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Bane would totally work. You would have to rework the plot so it's not as silly. However his entire premise works only after the Rogue's Gallery has been set up (and we don't have enough Batman movies to do that) as he's supposed to unleash all of Arkham upon Gotham.

Otherwise he's just a tough guy, and it will play out like Batman: TAS where Rupert Thorne hires some punk to beat the Bats.

Well I suppose the mobsters could hire Deadshot to kill Batman but didn't the mobsters already do that in Batman: Gotham Knight? I heard Gotham Knight has a loose continuity with Batman Begins.

Depression Moon
08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
I would like to see personally Scarface and Catwoman. I heard Angelina Jolie was interested in the part. The riddler seems interesting too. Nolan doesn't like the idea of Penguin so we probably won't be seeing him.

Boney King
08-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Deadshot was in Gotham Knight already, I would be surprised if they brought him back.

I would love to see Catwoman (NOT played by Angelina Jolie, wtf is wrong with people). I agree that the Riddler seems like a low-rate Joker, but done right he could be fantastic, and he's probably the most likely choice. A great chance to finally examine those detective skills of Batman.

My personal (read: fanboy) choice would be to see the Ventriloquist/Scarface, but because they're pretty minor, I expect if ANYTHING they'll be a cameo, like Zsasz in Batman Begins.

I'm not familiar with Black Mask, but he sounds cool.

bipper
08-14-2008, 06:02 PM
I would love to see Catwoman (NOT played by Angelina Jolie, wtf is wrong with people). I agree that the Riddler seems like a low-rate Joker, but done right he could be fantastic, and he's probably the most likely choice. A great chance to finally examine those detective skills of Batman.

I agree, no sexy, sassy, well known actress could pull off catwoman. They would need a very, very, special kinda - and I cannot think of any big named actresses that could nail it. Cat woman has a sort of mystique and class that is just whored down by modern big name actresses.

I very much disagree that the riddler is another joker. As an avid and long time fan of batman, I remember the joker being much more menasing and explosively insane. I think Nolan had the closest ideal joker I have seen in a long time. I think too many people look to the animated series joker, when really, they should remember the rand rocket launcher which ... well, sholdn't spoil that for people who go back and read. Either way, the Joker, is an Evil son of a bitch, as has been stated by Gotham's finest. I feel that the other incarnations of the joker really hybrid the Joker into more of the fun loving Riddler.

In short, the joker is demented-evil-clown, the riddler is witty, compulsive, and fun loving in what he does. I think the guy that finds out Batman's identity in the movie will make a bigger appearance in the next film, and at first, I thought he was going to pop in as a riddler-esque character, just based on his actions and expressions.

Therefore, I really do not see true joker and true riddler as being too similar by any right. Aside form the fact that they thoroughly like what they do, when they do it. I think Nolan's riddler will be the next villain, because I feel that he is trying to bring the batman back to the darkness which it should have shared with its roots.

I agree with your last thought too, about bringing more detective into the mix. So far, the detective side has been following the bond style mystery line and not that of the holmes. That would be a cool critique to take on the third.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Hey would The Mad Hatter work or is he too silly to be Nolan's film?

Fonzie
08-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Ever since I heard the rumor regarding the Riddler and the Penguin as the next villains to be featured in Nolan's Batman series--played by Depp and Hoffman, no less--I've thought it's a pretty fantastic idea.

The Riddler is a villain driven primarily by an obsessive compulsion. His core defining trait is that he must leave a clue to his crime beforehand. The reason for this compulsion varies in different visions of his character from the comics, and I'm sure Nolan could find one that would be sufficient and consistent with the theme he's aiming for. As long as the Riddler maintains this compulsion, Nolan's free to make him as dark or twisted as he desires without risking damaging the character. Unlike some other Batman villains, he's fairly malleable in that regard and therefore very conducive to new media.

The Penguin, on the other hand, is a mob boss. I'd expect Nolan to stay away from the Danny DeVito characterization of the Penguin. While some people may think having the Penguin as a mere mob boss would be stale and rehashed, I think they're neglecting another important part of the Penguin's role in the comics. The Penguin, at a point, opens a lounge which is most obviously a mere front for seedier activities. However, Batman gives the lounge a grudging seal of approval. This is because the Penguin serves as an informant on occasion regarding the happenings of Gotham's underground.

Consider Batman's position at the end of the Dark Knight. He's a complete social outcast--a villain as far as most of Gotham is concerned. He can no longer rely on the police to be at his side--they're chasing him. This is the perfect time for the Penguin to show up.

The real brilliance of the combination of the Penguin and the Riddler, however, is how well they compliment one another. The Riddler is defined by an obsessive compulsion which requires him to leave various clues in the form of riddles as to what his next objective is. If Batman cannot rely on police intelligence to solve the riddles, would the Penguin not be an amazing source of information? It would certainly be a reluctant alliance--perhaps a mutually beneficial but mutually hostile symbiotic relationship. The Penguin would provide information to help Batman take down the Riddler--the likely more dangerous and more immediate threat--in exchange for Batman's acceptance of the Penguin's less-than-legal activities.

I think when people dismiss the Penguin they're too quickly dismissing him as merely a mob boss when really Nolan could focus on other aspects of his character to avoid it becoming a rehash of what Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have already exposed. Also, last I checked, the Penguin doesn't actually control birds, he just loves them. Other than that, he's a fairly normal guy (although sometimes he's shown with a sort of waddle as a result of a bad hip, which combined with his pointed nose and love for birds, explains his nickname).

Someone close this thread since it's over and all after this post.

Breine
08-15-2008, 11:13 AM
That's one great post Ouch!, and very interesting.

I'd personally like to see a female villain for the next movie - Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Harley Quin or whatever. I just think it'd be very interesting and create an entirely new dynamic. Also, always had a soft spot for Catwoman and strong female characters in general.

Miriel
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Beaks: And now the obligatory question: can you conceive of any way in which you might be back in--

Aaron Eckhart: (Laughs) No.

Beaks: Not a chance?

Eckhart: No. I'm dead. I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. "Hey, Chris, am I--?" "No. You're dead. You're dead."

Beaks: Because there has been a discussion amongst some fans about how he's never seen in the coffin.

Eckhart: Well, it'd be easier than anything to bring him back, but... it's like Chris said on the tour. He wasn't thinking about the next movie when he made [THE DARK KNIGHT]. All the vegetables were in this stew. I think that this franchise has shown that it doesn't have to bring back characters. I mean, there's still Catwoman. I've heard Angelina Jolie really wants to do Catwoman; I think that's a fantastic idea. I'll be a happy audience member this time.

And what's gone on with Heath and everything... I think Heath was the one that was going to come back. And since he can't... (Pauses) You know, Chris hasn't said that he's going to make another one.

Beaks: True. He's been on vacation. I spoke to David Goyer at Comic Con, and he said there have been no discussions.

Eckhart: (Smiling) He never said he's going to make another one. I'm sure they drove the Brinks truck up to his house and dumped money on his lawn. But I think Chris wants to go out and make other movies, too. And he should. He's an independent filmmaker at heart. He's got a lot of ideas.

Beaks: He's also got THE PRISONER somewhere in development. Maybe there would be something for you in that?

Eckhart: Give him a call. I mean, I'd love to work with Chris again. But he and Christian [Bale] have such a great thing going.

Source. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38179)

I think Angelina Jolie as Catwoman is a disgusting idea. Eva Green on the other hand would be smokin' in that role.

Big D
09-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Beaks: He's also got THE PRISONER somewhere in development.:hyper: This has got 'good' written all over it, assuming they do it right. Another remake, sure, but if they're going to insist on releasing nothing but remakes then they might as well remake something awesome.

As for the rest of what was said... well, it pretty much lays to rest any speculation about a return for Two-Face.

I read somewhere that Nolan's said he wants his Batman flicks to focus mainly on villains who haven't played a big part in the movies, and that Joker and Dent were an exception to this general rule. After all, Scarecrow and al-Ghul had never been in a Batman film until [i]Batman Begins[/b]. There are so very many lesser-known villains he could choose from, before resorting to characters who are so overused as to be cliches in their own right.

Roto13
09-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Deadshot was in Gotham Knight already, I would be surprised if they brought him back.

He was a pretty big pussy in it, too.

theundeadhero
09-04-2008, 10:58 PM
With Rachael being dead I think it's a perfect time to bring Catwoman into the story as a love interest/villian. I think there should be another main villian but have Catwoman on the side. I just hope it's not played by Jolie. That would disgust me.

Miriel
09-04-2008, 11:16 PM
C'mon guys, c'mon.

Eva Green would rock Catwoman.

http://celebstar.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/eva_green_2.jpg

Depression Moon
12-21-2008, 01:40 AM

I agree, no sexy, sassy, well known actress could pull off catwoman. They would need a very, very, special kinda - and I cannot think of any big named actresses that could nail it. Cat woman has a sort of mystique and class that is just whored down by modern big name actresses.

Ahh, but I heard that the old catwoman from the 60's said that Jolie would own the part! After these times and watching some older films and shows, I think that maybe I would like to see The Riddler played by Johnny Depp, Harley Quinn, or maybe Mr. Freeze.
I really didn't think Depp could be Riddler until I saw this pic Johnny Depp as Riddler by ~GraphZ on deviantART (http://graphz.deviantart.com/art/Johnny-Depp-as-Riddler-98246924) I know Nolan is trying to make Batman more realistic, but after watching the old Batman Subzero movie with Mr. Freeze in it, I thought that maybe it could work. Mr. freeze has a very interesting backstory and something that people could relate with. What's probably not that realistic though is having him carrying around a gun that freezes people, maybe they could replace it with liquid nitrogen he uses to freeze people's insides and leaving the scene of the crime looking like a freezer. Also after watching the History channels documentary on Batman I think that The Riddler could be great and Mr. Depp's accent would be pretty interesting for the character. Of course everyone wants to see Harley in the next movie. Who doesn't love her!?

Ouch!
12-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Ahh, but I heard that the old catwoman from the 60's said that Jolie would own the part!
That's perhaps the clearest condemnation against Jolie as Catwoman given the nature of Batman in the 60's and how directly they clash with Nolan's vision of Batman.

sir helix
12-21-2008, 05:28 AM
depp was born to be the riddler, this is my next dream

and yes im a depp fan (helix owns every thing depps been in)

Big D
12-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Johnny Depp is not going to play The Riddler. Eddie Murphy is not going to play The Riddler. Both of these are debunked rumours.

Depression Moon
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Eddie Murphy who said that and who would even want him for the part!? I have also read things that contradicted your statement.

chaos_ghost
12-22-2008, 08:36 AM
When I saw Batman Begins a minor comic I read a few years ago came to mind. The basic plot was a gang war brewing between Black Mask's gang and Scarface's gang. I personally think something like that would be great for the current storyline.

edczxcvbnm
12-22-2008, 09:10 AM
The only information that sounds remotely true is the movie entering very early pre-production in mid February. I wouldn't expect casting calls to be made until the second half of next year. Maybe later depending on if Nolan decides to do another movie in between the next Batman. All of these rumors are just B.S. and that link to Depp as the Riddler above makes me not want him as the Riddler XP