PDA

View Full Version : They should've dubbed Kevin Conroy's bat-voice over Christian Bale's bat-voice

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Do you agree or not? I think they should've done that because if the Star Wars franchise could do it why couldn't the Batman franchise do it? So far Kevin Conroy has the best Batman voice in my opinion.

Goldenboko
08-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Anything would've been better then Bale, he made a great Bruce but as Batman he sounded like he had something plugging his nose, so he tried to just talk through the throat. "SWEAR TO ME!"

The Fat Bioware Nerd
08-13-2008, 02:27 AM
Anything would've been better then Bale, he made a great Bruce but as Batman he sounded like he had something plugging his nose, so he tried to just talk through the throat. "SWEAR TO ME!"

I know but have you ever listened to Conroy's bat-voice? It's awesome in my opinion!:D

I Don't Need A Name
08-13-2008, 07:56 PM
yeah, I would say that Bales 'bat-voice' was the only bad part of the film.
changing his voice to hide his identity is an obvious idea, but making him sound like he has smoked 50 a day since he was 7? no ta

Raistlin
08-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Bale's "Batman voice" wasn't bad in Batman Begins, and was in fact realistic that he tried to disguise his voice.

It was absolutely horrible in The Dark Knight, though.

Marshall Banana
08-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, I like Bale's Batman voice.

Breine
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I thought Bale sounded cool with his "Bat voice". I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Slothy
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
I thought Bale sounded cool with his "Bat voice". I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Agreed. I had no problem with it. In fact, I found his voice to be absolutely amazing when he was enraged in The Dark Knight especially.

Bunny
08-14-2008, 12:02 AM
The tone of his voice matched the tone of the movie. Batman was transitioning from Gotham's welcome hero to an outcast of almost villain-like popularity. Gotham didn't want Batman anymore and he understood it, so his voice took a darker tone to it to match how he felt when he donned the suit.

Montoya
08-14-2008, 12:24 AM
Nope, didn't really like it. Good movie though.

scrumpleberry
08-14-2008, 12:44 AM
I still haven't seen it yet, but those of you that have a problem with Bale's bat-voice may find this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc) lulzy, although it goes on for a while.

Rengori
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM

Watch the movie again and look at the mask. :p

Dreddz
08-15-2008, 08:06 PM
It sounds stupid but if you think about it the effect was to make him more scary as Batman. I mean, wouldn't you be scared senseless if someone leapt out of the shadows and grabbed you and said 'WHERE IS HE!' in that voice. I would poop my pants and tell him everything.

His voice is meant to represent someone who cannot be reasoned with, and I think Bale pulled that it off quite nicely.

Goldenboko
08-15-2008, 08:40 PM

Watch the movie again and look at the mask. :p

OMG his mask is plugging his nose >.< Talk about a good description :P

It sounds stupid but if you think about it the effect was to make him more scary as Batman. I mean, wouldn't you be scared senseless if someone leapt out of the shadows and grabbed you and said 'WHERE IS HE!' in that voice. I would poop my pants and tell him everything.

His voice is meant to represent someone who cannot be reasoned with, and I think Bale pulled that it off quite nicely.

I like the idea, but it just sounds so silly.

Heath
08-15-2008, 09:08 PM
I didn't have much of a problem with Bale's voice to be honest. It wasn't great, but wasn't as bad as some people thought.

Rengori
08-15-2008, 09:22 PM

I like the idea, but it just sounds so silly.

The movie is about an eccentric billionaire who at night runs around the city dressed as a bat, fighting crime.