PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Chrono Trigger time period

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-13-2008, 04:07 AM
I like 600 A.D. the best. It has the best overworld map music, I think. That and Frog lives there, my favorite character in the game.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk48/nmfloropoulos/sadfdfsa.gif

Now u.

Zeromus_X
08-13-2008, 04:16 AM
It's definitely the Dark Ages.

Magixion
08-13-2008, 04:20 AM
I enjoyed whatever time period Zeal was in. Can't remember the exact date, so I will not even attempt it! :p

Vermachtnis
08-13-2008, 06:06 AM
65 000 000 BC

It has dinosaurs. And Ayla.

scrumpleberry
08-14-2008, 01:18 AM
600AD did haave the best music (+ frog <3<3<3), but 12 000BC (wasn't that zeal land?) was the purdiest, and I liked it the best, just wished I could have seen more of it. 65 000 000 BC was the most fun on the world map, 1000AD was, er, sort of average, would have been fantastic if it was the main stage for any other RPG, but put in a time travelling thing it just sort of acted as the base, if you see what I mean. The only thing that kept me going through the nastay post-apocalyptic future was giggling at the fact that they had monsters called "buggers" - I know, it makes sense in context, BUT I STILL FOUND IT FUNNY DAMMIT. It was very samey, difficult and annoying. And every time I went back I couldn't tell where the hell I was supposed to be going because everywhere loooked theeee saaaaame.

08-14-2008, 01:18 AM
I'll also have to cast my vote for 600 A.D. A lot about it, especially the church, Magus' lair, the sinkhole, the place with that ghost, the ruins of what used to be the Reptite city, the fake Chancellor, and probably more that I'd remember if I'd played recently, is just so creepy. Especially that church, those monsters disguised as nuns even creep me out as an adult. In fact, thinking about it makes me want to play the game again now. Like I'm not busy enough, thanks a lot =/

PuPu
08-14-2008, 02:00 AM
I liked 12,000 B.C. the most; I liked it slightly more before the fall, but it's still awesome. The music has to be the best part.

Lawr
08-14-2008, 09:40 AM
The Sky World of 12,000 BC. I think Zeal had the best music IMO.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
08-16-2008, 03:46 AM
I just now thought about maybe it would have been a good idea to make this a poll. xD

Jowy
08-16-2008, 04:41 AM
2300 AD. The concept of a post-Apocalyptic future setting in an RPG at the ripe young age of nine was foreign and intriguing to me. The Dark Ages blow, screw that stupid mountain where you grind on Rubbles for hours to get everyone's techs maxed out. And the Ocean Palace? Hell no. Blackbird? Sucks. Circuits of Time? I can agree with that song.

Dr. Acula
08-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Zeal was my favourite because it was so pretty, but 600AD had the best music by far.

squiike
08-21-2008, 07:53 PM
2300 AD! i loved the dark feel of it!

following close behind as 2. is 600 AD!

Roogle
08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
My favorite time period was 12,000 B.C. because of its esoteric and magical nature.

Moon Rabbits
08-28-2008, 06:55 AM
My favorite time period was 12,000 B.C. because of its esoteric and magical nature.

This, and 600A.D. because of the overworld music and Mystics.

Avarice-ness
08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
2300 AD. The concept of a post-Apocalyptic future setting in an RPG at the ripe young age of nine was foreign and intriguing to me. The Dark Ages blow, screw that stupid mountain where you grind on Rubbles for hours to get everyone's techs maxed out. And the Ocean Palace? Hell no. Blackbird? Sucks. Circuits of Time? I can agree with that song.

You sir are a freak.
I am utterly terrified of the concept of ANY post-apocalyptic world be it in movies, games, books, ANYTHING.

When I first played chrono trigger I actually stopped playing for 2 years because I was like "FUTURE. ; ;!!" and then I ended up having nightmares about robots in a CT-like post apocalyptic world. I'm going to end up that crazy person in New York wearing signs saying the end is near.

Zeal time all the way, that's the true win.

Marky Tee
08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
zeal land definetly
though 65 billion trillion hundred has the best music as shown in this diagram

65000000--Ayla=Dj Tiesto track

Lawr
08-28-2008, 06:40 PM
2300 AD. The concept of a post-Apocalyptic future setting in an RPG at the ripe young age of nine was foreign and intriguing to me.

Crap! Here comes the nostalgia! I remember getting like 486 emotions when I first arrived at 2300 AD in my younger days. I was like, scared, interested, confused, and all that good stuff. Actually now that I think about it, I remember feeling different whenever I arrived in any of the time periods.

nik0tine
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
600 A.D. and the End of Time if that counts.

Heath
09-20-2008, 06:22 PM
12,000 BC.

Excellent music, interesting story-wise and generally just a lot of fun. I liked how the story really all came together here, explaining the roles Gaspar, Melchior, Balthazar and Magus. Zeal was also terribly nice looking.

Otherwise, I liked 600 AD.

The Ceej
09-20-2008, 08:11 PM
The Sky World of 12,000 BC. I know Zeal had the best music and that's undeniable fact.

Fixed.

Wolf Kanno
09-21-2008, 02:37 AM
12,000 B.C. is my favorite. I adore Zeal and all the kick ass music like Corridor of Time. Its a gorgeous world (even the snowy wasteland) and it was easily one of the more interesting time periods.

1000 A.D., 2300 A.D., and the End of Time are my other favorites.

cloud_doll
09-22-2008, 02:51 AM
I'll have to go with 12, 000BC.
The music was just so enchanting!

But 2300AD was pretty intriguing.

Nice
10-13-2008, 08:41 PM
http://members.fortunecity.com/loki3/zeal2.gif

Zeal presented a fresh turn in the story, as well as a fresh setting. It was definitely the climax of this game. Loved it.

Vice Nebulosa
07-04-2009, 02:53 AM
No question about this one, even if I am throwing in my lot with the general consensus. 12,000 B.C., Kingdom of Zeal. In terms of the plot itself, we experience a number of unnerving events in this time period, from the realization that an entire civilization existed that seems to have been utterly erased from history (and we all know the alien cause of that, I trust), based on a society bound for arcane nirvana and on mysticism the like of which the Middle Ages could not even begin to compare, to a brief contact with a young Janus Zeal in his formative stages of life (still as cunning and cold as always, emphasizing the point that Magus, as a personality, never changes; his nature was intact and burning since childhood). Long sentence, that one. *_* Plus, "Corridors of Time" is an example of Yasunori Mitsuda at the absolute pinnacle of his creative brilliance. No adequate "words" for it; the music speaks volumes for itself. Suffice it to say that it is a remarkable piece of music, and is utterly godlike in a piano arrangement. :cool:

As for other reasons, The Kingdom of Zeal is the locale in Chrono Trigger in which I believe I could most congruously exist. It is about as far removed from reality (what one might consider in-game to be 1000 A.D.) as one can get. It is a time of titans, where innate talents are melded with arcane lore to yield a higher class of human, particularly in the Royal Bloodline. Granted, there are still "masses" in the Kingdom of Zeal (Janus, for one, was able to fool his sleepy people into believing he was totally unremarkable magically). Granted, arrogant addiction to mysterious forces was the Kingdom's downfall, and the Earthbound Ones paid the price for the illusion that was Zeal, but it was a glorious dream in certain ways while it lasted, that humanness itself, in all its mortal limitations and ugliness, could be overcome . . .

blackmage_nuke
07-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Zeal is pure bliss, but 600 AD held some of my favourite characters