PDA

View Full Version : Mafia X: Harry Potter and the LYNCHER WINS HURRAY! oh and town beat mafia I s'pose

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Gawd, why does everyone leave as soon as I get on?

[M] Apollo
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
What part of "all hours" didn't you get?

[M] Apollo
08-14-2008, 09:03 PM
And being firm and reasonable doesn't necessarily mean scum. You might want to think twice.

[M] Caprica
08-14-2008, 09:10 PM
So. Godfather down, nice work. But now all my work is in vain for saving dear Hermione!

Anyway, while it wouldn't make sense that the mafia wouldn't draw attention to themselves, however this could just run counter to this.

What I don't understand is why they would kill Hermione when she got so many votes yesterday, and she might have still been an easy lynch that way. So for now Sirius, I'll withhold my vote on you.

Now, my dear sir Crabbe. I really just hope you're not thinking clearly. First off, it was silly of you to come off against Sirius straight away, so I'm led to believe you're either a poor mafia, but a mafia wouldn't be that blatant, would they? The problem is that your statement doesn't make sense. If Siruis IS a Jumpy Citizen, he is done killing and thus doesn't pose any "unpredicatability."

Also, the other thing, though of lesser import, is to figure out who/what took down the godfather. At this point in time let's hope it was a nice little vig and not a second mafia.

23 players - if they're small, two mafia are plausible, but I wonder how likely that is, have we seen it before?

In any case, that further supports Sirius claim that he is not a vig, because two of them would probably make the town invincible, but the question still remains, what does that make him? And if he is telling the truth, that means the mafia hit didn't go down last night. What happened?

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Uhhh....you're Hermione xD

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 09:21 PM
At least we have the godfather...

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Ron Weasley;2547934']I agree on the bolded part fully after thinking about the situation Sirius is in. If you all don't agree, then think about this. Cop investigates him only if (s)he feels that Sirius needs investigating. If Sirius comes up guilty, then the cop can announce it, if Sirius is innocent, the cop doesn't announce it. OK?

Why would we want the cop to announce himself this early?

Also, I don't know what to make of Sirius. If he's telling the truth, who was the mafia hit? It just doesn't seem to make sense unless the mafia didn't bother to kill anyone last night (and the godfather was killed by a third killing faction).

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Cho Chang;2547953']
Vincent Crabbe;2547942']Let's just axe off Sirius then. Things could get rather unpredictable if he speaks the truth of his role.
##Vote: Sirius Black

This just reeks of scum.

I'm not sure what to make of the night. The godfather wasn't bulletproof it seems. And Sirius is either, scum, telling the truth, or really good at making up role claims. I'm leaning more towards the truth for now.
Cho makes a good point...What was it that made the Godfather vulnerable during the night when supposedly he's bulletproof?

Certainly something interesting to think about, I think.

[M] Caprica
08-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I meant Ginny. Ugh. Not that I can make sweet, sweet love to her anymore anyway. I guess I'm distraught.

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 09:47 PM
My furry love! Leaving so soon? *croes*

Maybe they are something like a Poisoner?

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
There's also the possibility that Sirius is telling the truth, and we have two killing factions/roles and a doctor. I mean most games do have at least one effective protective role.

[M] Eizen
08-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Rubeus Hagrid;2548011']
Ron Weasley;2547934']I agree on the bolded part fully after thinking about the situation Sirius is in. If you all don't agree, then think about this. Cop investigates him only if (s)he feels that Sirius needs investigating. If Sirius comes up guilty, then the cop can announce it, if Sirius is innocent, the cop doesn't announce it. OK?

Also, I don't know what to make of Sirius. If he's telling the truth, who was the mafia hit? It just doesn't seem to make sense unless the mafia didn't bother to kill anyone last night (and the godfather was killed by a third killing faction).
Nonono. My plan is simple. We leave Sirius today. Tonight cop investigates him. If cop finds Sirius guilty, (s)he announces it and we lynch him. If cop finds him innocent, (s)he keeps quiet until (s)he finds an actual mafia person for us to kill.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-14-2008, 10:17 PM
Ron Weasley;2548060']
Rubeus Hagrid;2548011']

Nonono. My plan is simple. We leave Sirius today. Tonight cop investigates him. If cop finds Sirius guilty, (s)he announces it and we lynch him. If cop finds him innocent, (s)he keeps quiet until (s)he finds an actual mafia person for us to kill.
If the cop were smart, (s)he wouldn't reveal themself so soon though, because they would immediately become a prime target for the mafia. Same with the doctor(s). It's just too dangerous.

I think the cop should investigate whoever they find most suspicious right now, until we all have a clear cut suspect that we all agree on.

[M] Eizen
08-14-2008, 10:18 PM
VOTE COUNT!!

Dudley Dursley (1) - Voldemort
Sirius Black (1) - Vincent Crabbe

Not Voting: everybody else

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Then when we do have a suspect that we're very certain about, lynch time. The cop can then investigate people who they think to be suspicious and if they're found guilty, they will come out and tell us when the time is right.

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, the cop can investigate tonight and tell us whenever s/he feels like.

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Too late xD

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Who to vote...

[M] Eizen
08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Buckbeak;2548073']Who to vote...
Who do you find suspicious?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes I don't understand why you would want a cop to come out on the third day. Even though one mafia is down that doesn't mean there aren't more. AND possibly another killing faction. We don't even know if there would be a doc to protect them. That would make them a prime target and the town could lose a valuable player.

I don't understand how a townie would willingly put someone under fire.

[M] Mom – Host
08-14-2008, 10:32 PM
19 hours and 29 minutes remaining. Ron's votecount is accurate.

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I think all Ron meant was that the cop should investigate Sirius so s/he could tell us in a way s/he thought would be best. Not to come out as soon as getting the results. Especially since two nights wouldn't be enough to figure out the sanity level.

[M] Eizen
08-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Luna Lovegood;2548079']I think all Ron meant was that the cop should investigate Sirius so s/he could tell us in a way s/he thought would be best. Not to come out as soon as getting the results. Especially since two nights wouldn't be enough to figure out the sanity level.
Thank you. this is exactly what I mean. XD

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 10:44 PM
I have vibes from Dudley. He seems like DD.

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Does it really matter who Demon Dude is playing this round?

:(

[M] Elize
08-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Hmmm, many conversations, yet not much actually said.

Tonk's post is scummy at best, but could also be a cop if He/She speaks with so much confidence instead of blame, seeing as mafia games usually go like this:

1: "Hi guys. Let's have some fun."
2: "He said fun! That means he's mafia!"
3: "Lynch him!"
1: "Wait a sec-"
4: "I'm scum."
3: "He says he's scum, so he must be the doctor!"

Anyway, I don't know what to make of this yet, and there is plenty of time left.

Cho Chang;2547953']
Vincent Crabbe;2547942']Let's just axe off Sirius then. Things could get rather unpredictable if he speaks the truth of his role.
##Vote: Sirius Black

This just reeks of scum.

I'm not sure what to make of the night. The godfather wasn't bulletproof it seems. And Sirius is either, scum, telling the truth, or really good at making up role claims. I'm leaning more towards the truth for now.

That's the real problem there, such roles are expected when you have such a role as blabbermouth. It doesn't feel right to me, but I'm willing to consider it.

And for the mafia kill, It could be a doctor block, roleblock or someone switched the kill back to the mafia.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Wow, I missed alot in a short time, huh? Anyway, this is getting good now... Sirius seems suspicious, although at the moment, we don't have enough evidence to vote for him. However, I'm gonna keep my eye on him and Voldemort. A few other people have caught my attention as well, though not enough to be noteworthy.

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Care to mention them, Snape :</>D?

[M] Adama
08-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm scum.

[M] Felix
08-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Alright. I've been reading and rereading these and have come up with a few things.

1. I don't believe Ginny really had an alliance, as all of the non-alligned roles in the flash are in blue. She could have easily blabbed info to either side, ie: if she knew who the protective roles were, as well as the mafia.

2. I believe that there are at least 2 killing factions. The Mafia and one other. It is a little too early to tell if it is a second Mafia or a Vig.

3. If Sirius is telling the truth and he only had the single kill, then that means we have a protective role, as well.

I'm guessing the Mafia can still kill without the Godfather. In which case we still have at least 2 groups to deal with. Now the question is, is the group that killed the Godfather a second Mafia, or a Vig?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-14-2008, 11:00 PM
No. Those are people I don't want to know, so that if they slip up, I can catch them. As I said, they haven't really done anything to make them seem really scummy.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Sorry, my last post was at Luna.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-14-2008, 11:03 PM
DD got banned, remember?

Well, it's up to the cop to decide what they think is best, don't you all think?

Anyway, I've still got my eye on Voldemort, because he hasn't said a word since I pointed him out. Makes him look even more suspicious to me...

[M] Dee
08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
No one's disagreeing with you about the cop, Draco :p

As for Ginny, I'm pretty sure she's just a townie with a special role. I don't think it matters, though.

[M] Gaius
08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Draco Malfoy;2548102']
Anyway, I've still got my eye on Voldemort, because he hasn't said a word since I pointed him out. Makes him look even more suspicious to me...

That's because everything I had to say was a few posts down from my vote. :p

[M] Felix
08-14-2008, 11:19 PM
True enough, I suppose. I still believe that we should keep an eye on Sirius, though. There is a chance that there were only TWO groups killing last night. One that killed the Godfather and Sirius.... I shall keep my eye on him.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I can believe Sirius. Ginny was nearly lynched yesterday, and I don't know why the mafia would target someone who the town was already suspicious of.

The cop should ignore all suggestions about who to investigate. Remember, there are mafia among us. Trust your own decisions.

There is still plenty of time so I am not certain on who to vote for yet, but I am thinking about it.

[M] Felix
08-14-2008, 11:36 PM
If it really is true what Sirius was saying, then we still have 2 groups left because I doubt the Mafia would target their own Godfather.... We just have to figure out if the one that killed Goyle was a second Mafia or if it was a Vig.

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I do kinda feel Tonks is scum. She seems to be trying to thwart any effort we make, although that might just be me.

Just to clear some stuff up, I do have a non-vanilla role.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-14-2008, 11:39 PM
@Dobby:

Don't forget serial killer.

[M] Elize
08-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Dobby;2548135']If it really is true what Sirius was saying, then we still have 2 groups left because I doubt the Mafia would target their own Godfather.... We just have to figure out if the one that killed Goyle was a second Mafia or if it was a Vig.

In a 23-player game I would guess we have either one large mafia(unlikely), or two small one's. Usually also a vig or major town power roles.

It could be two mafia factions and a roleblock/doctor block, or a Vig and a roleblock, or someone switching the kill to another(I can't really remember the role).

Doesn't really help us, I suppose. It's nearly impossible to determine, unless we actually lynch him, which could go wrong.

edit: And the serial killer, mafia hitman, etc.

[M] Felix
08-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Neville:

That could be true... The main thing is, we know that there are two killing factions out there. We just have to figure out who/what the second one is.

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
Maybe only one faction with two killing powers?

[M] Felix
08-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Buckbeak:

Perhaps. It could be, as Neville suggested, a serial killer and the Mafia... I'm not entirely sure what others it could be since both killings were done at night... and one was apparently stopped...

[M] Anise
08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Well, was someone targeting the doc? Because they usually protect themselves on the first night...

[M] Eizen
08-15-2008, 12:02 AM
There is also one other thing that is beginning to irk me. Where is Filch and Myrtle? I hope they get on here and play! I hope this gets their attention if they are even paying attention to this!

##Vote: Moaning Myrtle

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, inactives suck limes.

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 12:06 AM
They all responded to their PM's, so that means they are intentionally inactive.

##vote: Filch the filthy squib

[M] Felix
08-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Buckbeak:

The Doctor is a possibility... I suppose there are a few other possibilities as well... It is too early, I guess...

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Remus Lupin;2548161']They all responded to their PM's, so that means they are intentionally inactive.

##vote: Filch the filthy squib
Really? Well, then, looks like they are ignoring us...

##Vote-Filch

Get in here and I'll unvote you!

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:11 AM
##Unvote: Sirius Black
##Vote: Ron Weasley
*cough*

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:13 AM
Why, Ron, Crabbe?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Personally, I feel Buckbeak may have made a target of him/herself by saying s/he was non-Vanilla. While s/he may be Mafia, we'll know if s/he turns up dead on day 3. This is why we now need to figure out what role Buckbeak is, to determine if the Doctor should protect him/her because s/he may have made a target of themself.
Whoa, long post about nothing really.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I have my reasons.

[M] Eizen
08-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Vincent Crabbe;2548173']I have my reasons.
Please, enlighten me why you voted for me.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I agree with Ron. He needs to give a reason. Unless he's the Cop and found out Ron is Mafia which would be incredibly stupid of him to vote without giving a reason or getting people on his side.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that until I learn more about your role in this town.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm not a cop.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, explain why, please.

Snape-Yep.

Si vous pouvez lire ce, bonne. Vous êtes compétent en français, je suis en train de prendre un risque, mais je vais vous informer Je suis une prison du gardien, et si vous voulez que je utiliser mon rôle il vous suffit de répondre dans une langue qui n'est pas l'anglais, et je vais utiliser mon rôle sur vous .

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Vincent Crabbe;2548177']I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that until I learn more about your role in this town. Why this is quite scummy. "gimme your role I can have you as my next target" really c'mon.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:23 AM
Two things:
1: I don't really feel like roleclaiming this early. I think it'll spoil my fun.
2: It just hit me that Dudley's right, and it was pretty stupid of me to call you out on your role. Believe what you want or believe my word: I'm not scum either.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Yeah, it's justing painting a 'I'm Scum' sign on your back.

EDIT-Well then, please find some logic to vote him.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:28 AM
I won't, but I will say this.
You might want to think carefully about what you turn up the next few days, Ron.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Is that a dare?

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:30 AM
It could be considered one.
Now please, don't consider it as a threat. I wanted to prompt some sort of discussion to get this out there, but I like to remain cryptic.
Also, watermelon is freakin' delicious.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 12:32 AM
##Vote: Vincent Crabbe

Just seems really scummy to me to imply having a role for no reason, then not elaborating on that role.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Vinny - What is that supposed to mean? Quite frankly, I don't trust you. You're now on my list.

Buckbeak - Sorry to say, I don't read French. While I understood a small amount of what you put, I only studied French for two months when I was very young. As such, I can't reply. However, I do speak German.

Until Vincent gives a good reason or changes his vote

##Vote: Vincent

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Damn, I don't speak German. But hey, I only implied for a select few to understand.

##UNVOTE-Filch
##VOTE-Vincent Crabbe

You just buried your own grave.

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 12:38 AM
DD got banned, remember?'

Demon Dude is not banned.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
Darn it. I can however, ensure you Buckbeak, I am pro-town.
Well, it looks like Vincent has just lost this game, however, what's to say he isn't the Jester or something. We should be careful with out voting. As I stated, if he came up with a good reason or retracted his vote, I would unvote him.

[M] Apollo
Doesn't really matter if I get lynched or not. Hopefully once Ron gets a bit more clear headed, he'll be able to help the town rather than hinder it.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Dumbledore is DD. Betcha he is.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Remus Lupin"]They all responded to their PM's
That's funny, I would remember saying something like that. Look@signupdiscussionthread.

Vincent Crabbe (3): Luna Lovegood, Severus Snape, Buckbeak
Mr. Filch (1): Remus Lupin, <s>Buckbeak</s>
Ron Weasley (1): Vincent Crabbe
Dudley Dursley (1): Voldemort
Moaning Myrtle (1): Ron Weasley
Sirius Black (0): <s>Vincent Crabbe</s>

Not voting: Albus Dumbledore, Sirius Black, Cho Chang, Dobby, Draco Malfoy, Dudley Dursley, Mr. Filch, Rubeus Hagrid, Hermione Granger, Moaning Myrtle, Neville Longbottom, Peter Pettigrew, Tonks

17 hours and 20 minutes.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:42 AM
^Buckbeak voted for Crabbe as well.

[M] Dee
You forgot Buckbeak o:

[M] Apollo
Miscounted, Harry. I've got three breathing down my neck :D

[M] Dee
Nevermind xD

[M] Al - Biker Dad
I beat you all to it! Ha! Extra homework for all of you!

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Crabbe, that was just stupid. If you are a town, that means you just lost us a lynch.

You always give a reason for voting, even if it is role-related or what I'm doing now.

##Unvote: Filch
##Vote: Crabbe

If it wasnt true, Harry, you could've/should've said so. It would avoid confusion.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
##Vote: Crabbe C'mon seriously dude. Unless your a jester or vengeful townie what did your move accomplish? four people who now so utterly distrust you that they are voting for you.

[M] Mom – Host
Not my fault my posts are longer than yours and other people sneak in and vote while I'm doing a votecount. >:O

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Severus Snape;2548199']Dumbledore is DD. Betcha he is.

Snape is mafia. Betcha he is.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Tension's so thick here you could cut it with a knife :o
fyi I'm a Shrink, Ron's insane, and if I don't die today I'll be dead tonight.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
^Oooh good come back. Unfortunatly you're wrong. If you want you can lynch me and find out.

[M] Anise
Y'know, I dun think Harry got the message...

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 12:49 AM
##Unvote: Vincent Crabbe

Let's not speed lynch S:

[M] Al - Biker Dad
Last post was directed at Dumbledore.

[M] Anise
Crabbe, tell me how the role makes sense...

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
What's a Shrink?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:50 AM
If you ask me that seemed a bit too bandwagony with all those people just jumping on.
Anyway, he gave a reason, so now

[M] Al - Biker Dad
Neville: I believe it's the Psychiatrist role.

[M] Dee
Whoa, Shrink? So if he's telling the truth does this mean we have a cult? Or is Ron a Serial Killer?

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Vincent Crabbe (3): <s>Luna Lovegood</s>, <s>Severus Snape</s>, Buckbeak, Remus Lupin, Dudley Dursley
Mr. Filch (0): <s>Remus Lupin</s>, <s>Buckbeak</s>

What did you mean I didn't get the message, Beaky?

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:52 AM
You've got a point, Snape. For the record, I will keep my vote on him until someone more scummy comes up.

EDIT-Sarcasm, your emo-ness.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 12:53 AM
And before I get asked why I'd aim to lynch Ron when he could potentially be help to the town:
1: If he's a doctor, he'll probably kill someone.
2: If he's a cop, by the time he comes out with it and can help the Town, he'll be dead.
3: If he's scum, everybody wins.
I'm gonna sit back and watch for an hour or so now.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 12:54 AM
While I still think he may be scummy, we don't have any proof he is, although he may just be role-claiming. At the moment, if no one more scummy comes along, my vote will be at him.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:54 AM
While your waiting, besides Ron, who's scummy?

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm off to bed, so I'm afraid I can't watch how this unfolds.

I also cannot see Ron's defense and therefore will have to stick with my vote, without any other suspect, as it could just be a roleclaim.

If it all works out my vote should be the only one against you anyway.

If not, then my apologies.

Until tomorrow.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 01:11 AM
Shrink doesn't seem believable enough. Not only is it not a normal alias for the psychiatrist has anyone even seen it in play? My vote stands.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Also unless Im mistaken psychiatrists don't know who they are trying to cure its just guess every night til you get it.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Wow, great point, Dem- I mean, Dudley!

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 01:20 AM
As I recall, Dudley, Sirius' role of Jumpy Citizen is also an unorthodox name for a role. Hell, I even confused him for an Overeager Vigilante at first, which is my reason for my original vote.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 01:23 AM
But you mistake there is that those are two completley different roles One gets a kill night one and the other gets a kill everynight. Also If you know its Ron you could have cured him last night instead of tonight.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Curing wasn't in my job description. I've been given no notion that I'm hunting a psychopath.
As for Sirius, I confused him because I missed the part where he mentioned it was a night one only kill, thus jumping to conclusions about him.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
a shrink? That's an awesome role to have :p

I think it's a bit too early to vote off inactives, but on the same stroke, I can understand why.

Dumbledore, knock off the antagonization, please. We need to think as a team.

I'm not sure if I completely believe Vincent's claim just yet because it's just too convenient to me. My eyes are on Ron for the most part right now, and Vincent too. But...

##Vote: Cho Chang

She comes and goes too much, says too little. Until she starts coming around a bit more or until I have a reason to believe someone else is suspicious, she's my vote.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 01:36 AM
Ugh... Well Crabbe I don't want you living to the night if you do you might be a mafia(Sk Etc.) trying to buy yourself another night by saying ill be dead tonight lynch someone else.

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 01:38 AM
Draco Malfoy;2548246']Dumbledore, knock off the antagonization, please. We need to think as a team.

Well, have Snape explain to me that if I AM Demon Dude, would that give the town any more reason to lynch me?

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Do what you want. I figure if I don't get lynched, the scum wouldn't want any other insane individuals to become aware of the fact that they're insane and start putting their abilities to good use (or in the case of the nutzo doctor, any use at all).

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 01:41 AM
Dumbledore, it's a joke. If you notice a few people were joking about Dudley being DD because of the initials.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 01:44 AM
Come on guys stop discussing other peoples' identities for srs

i'm demon dude

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
The Psychiatrist is a type of Doctor that only appears in games with a Psychopath (the Serial Killer version). Every night, the Psychiatrist targets one person every night. If they target the Psychopath, the Psychopath is cured and becomes a regular Townie. If the Psychopath is cured or dies, then the Psychiatrist becomes an ordinary Doctor.

Is the Shrink supposed to be like this?

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 01:48 AM
As I've already said, I've been given no notion that I'm to hunt down a Psychopath. I figured my role was to track down people playing Insane Doctors and Insane Cops.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 01:49 AM
I hate being unable to lynch Potter. Why don't we all revolt? Anyway, at the moment, Crabbe and Sirius are my two top suspects. The person I suspect the least is Buckbeak.
Reasons
Crabbe: Voted for no reason and then role-claimed. Might be true, might not. If he hadn't have voted so strangely, I wouldn't suspect him.
Sirius: Just seems suspicious. Don't suspect him as much as Crabbe.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Well what did your role PM tell you to do? It didn't just say "You're the shrink. Target people at night." did it?

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Funny thing is there's no way I'm going to make it to the end anymore. Off chance I make it through today, the mafia can just as easily kill off one of the handful that originally suspected me and I'll be down for the count.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 01:54 AM
At the moment, Crabbe, you seem to be acting a little bit Scummy. You've role claimed, but you haven't told us the details.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Might as well.

-Each night you may investigate one person to discover their sanity. You will receive a result of "sane" or "insane". Some Mafia are insane, but a result of insane does not necessarily indicate that the person is in the Mafia.
-You win with the town.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 01:57 AM
!

I didn't mean QUOTE it D:

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm afraid to report that a quote like that is in violation of the rules. All role claims are to be done in your own words.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
Well, that makes me suspect you a little bit less. Even if you are lynched, if the town wins, you win as well, I think. It doesn't say if you need to be alive or not.

[M] Apollo
Son of a whore.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Guess now he's gonna get removed from the game or something.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Well if you don't get modkilled then you're lying :</>D!

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 02:01 AM
At this moment I am determining how to deal with this situation.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 02:14 AM
I noticed that this was a rule that for some reason I left out of the first post. /wrists

Don't make roleclaims in quotes. It implies it's your role PM, the quoting of which is against the rules (a commonly known rule, though not necessarily known by any players who are new to the game because of my ignorance in leaving it out). Keep all role claiming out of quotes when you are trying to convince people if you are what you're claiming. It's easy to change the PM's details and make me, your lovable mod, look bad.

This is the only time this will ever go unpunished (though Vincent Crabbe now has a warning, so don't screw up again). I'm throwing down hard next time, you betta believe it.

And note to all future hosts: remember to put that rule in your first post!

D:

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Next time it happens give them a Expecto Patronum.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 02:17 AM
So this means we have a confirmed Shrink now, yes :</>D?

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 02:20 AM
More like a new target for the Mafia IMO.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Harry Potter;2548271']Don't make roleclaims in quotes. It implies it's your role PM, the quoting of which is against the rules (a commonly known rule, though not necessarily known by any players who are new to the game because of my ignorance in leaving it out). Keep all role claiming out of quotes when you are trying to convince people if you are what you're claiming. It's easy to change the PM's details and make me, your lovable mod, look bad.
Maybe

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-15-2008, 02:23 AM
No, it just says no putting role claims in quotes it could be a lie and make him look bad or it could be the truth.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Albus Dumbledore;2548277']More like a new target for the Mafia IMO.

Depends on what "insane" means really. If it just means something like Insane Cop, then yeah, but if it's for finding Cult/SK then they'll want him to stick around.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 02:31 AM
Oh, and I get it now. "No."

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 02:34 AM
So, now we need to find a new target. Dumbledore seems suspicious to me. A few posts back, he said he was Scum. I believe that was on Day 2. On Day 1 people do that all the time, but not on Day 2, as far as I know. Either, he's just joking, or, he's Scum and is laughing at us for not noticing.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 02:35 AM
Wow, I missed a lot. Screw me for wanted to go bowling :exdee:

Can anyone give me a overview of what happened while I track back and read?

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 02:39 AM
Crabbe was all

"I vote Ron because of reasons!"

and we were like

"What reasons?"

and he was like

"I don't want to give away much about my role!"

and I was like

"Well I am voting you because you're implying you have a role for no reason!"

and they were like

"Yeah!"

and he was like

"No, I'm the shrink!"

and we were like

"What?"

and I was like

"Well, tell us more about what your role PM said!"

and then he QUOTED IT and narrowly avoided a modkill.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 02:39 AM
Everyone is Demon Dude, Crabbe roleclaimed, there're 15 hours and 20 minutes left.

Vincent Crabbe (3): <s>Luna Lovegood</s>, <s>Severus Snape</s>, Buckbeak, Remus Lupin, Dudley Dursley
Cho Chang (1): Draco Malfoy

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 02:40 AM
Or he made something up. Iunno.

[M] Gaius
08-15-2008, 02:45 AM
All this talk is making me wonder....

For the moment, ##Unvote: Dudley Dursley. I'm changing my vote, but to whom I do not know yet.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Ks now we're getting somewhere and not wasting the day on obviousness.

Well we probably have a shrink. I suggest you guys unvote Crabbe for now. That was very weird how some of you jumped on him.

I guess I want to hear what Ron says. And can someone give a count of who hasn't even showed up yet? I know I voted for Pettigrew yesterday cuz he showed up late to say he was gonna read the thread and then disappeared. I think he's still not shown up, and there's prolly others too.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Moaning Myrtle and Mr. Filch have yet to post. The replacement search is on.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 02:51 AM
To start I'm going to answer any questions made to me, plus any questions people still have I'll be willing to answer.

Luna Lovegood;2547957']I'm not sure what to make of Sirius's role claim. Why did you pick Ginny, Sirius?

I think I already answered this, but she had the second most votes and I wanted to see what would've happened if we lynched her instead. Also the way Beaky, Voldy, and Hermy rescued her seemed odd. I thought there was a chance her name would pop up for a lynch so I thought it would be better for the town to just kill her with my kill. If I missed any questions tell me and I'll answer them.

I read through the thing, and we're Crabbe's post that Ron is "Insane" would match up with my feelings of him having the possibility of scum, the way he went about telling it to us makes me feel he is scum. I can easily see either being scum. Crabbe's posts almost scream scum to me, trying to vote without reasons, then coming up with a roleclaim that we can't verify and can EVEN BE WRONG! There's no way of confirming his role at all, a very safe roleclaim for any anti-faction. I can't see anyone who is more scummy then Crabbe or anyone that we can learn more from the flip. After all if Crabbe is flips Shrink then we know there's something up with Ron.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 02:59 AM
I thought his roleclaim in quotes and the way the mods reacted to it was pretty convincing. :tongue:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:01 AM
Tonks;2548301']I thought his roleclaim in quotes and the way the mods reacted to it was pretty convincing. :tongue:

Read it again. He said not to make roleclaims in quotes not that he was correct in his roleclaim, just that its all most be done in our own words.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:06 AM
He didn't seem smart enough to make up such a good role PM xD But I s'pose he could be pretending or I'm underestimating him...

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 03:08 AM
It's easy to play dumb then type out a coherent role PM, I guess :p

I think one iffy roleclaim a day should be the maximum :mad2:

[M] Felix
08-15-2008, 03:12 AM
It's possible that he could have quoted it from somewhere else, isn't it? Or perhaps quoted from the PM and then made modifications?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Tonks;2548303']He didn't seem smart enough to make up such a good role PM xD But I s'pose he could be pretending or I'm underestimating him...

You can't let mafia go 'because they seem stupid'. If you do that then you may as well hand them they game. Really there's nothing about that roleclaim that I see that 'absolutely can't be fabricated.'

I'm pretty convinced with Crabbe being scum. Sure I could be wrong, but we learn the most from this kill anyway.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey! My roleclaim isn't iffy! xD

Sure my role sucks, but it isn't iffy :(

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Personally, I want to hear Dumbledore's defense to my Post before I vote. Of course, we still have like 14 hours left or something.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 03:19 AM
I believe it slightly more than Crabbe. I keep flipping from YEAH HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH and LYNCH HIM xD

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 03:21 AM
What makes you so supsicious Snape.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 03:23 AM
I voiced my reasons in an earlier post. It was something along the lines of claiming you were scum. Could be a joke, could be the truth. You also haven't done anything to suggest you're pro-town. Though, you haven't really done anything to suggest Mafia.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 03:24 AM
Luna Lovegood;2548316']I believe it slightly more than Crabbe. I keep flipping from YEAH HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH and LYNCH HIM xD
I know really Im having the same issue now. and what mafia job could even come up as insane really.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Severus Snape;2548319']I voiced my reasons in an earlier post. It was something along the lines of claiming you were scum. Could be a joke, could be the truth. You also haven't done anything to suggest you're pro-town. Though, you haven't really done anything to suggest Mafia.
Which to me is a reason why I think we can't vote for Dumbledore. It would be a shot in the dark, based off a stupid post whether he's scum or town. We can learn much more from other lynches.

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Yup that's me!! :bigsmile:

Well I'm not mafia, that was just something I did because of a DD reference post right before mine. I think.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Exactly the reason I was trying to get him to do something that would suggest Pro-Town or Pro-Mafia. Alas, he hasn't really done anything noteworty.

While I don't suspect you as much as other people Dumbledore, I do suspect you. Until I see you do something that makes me think Pro-Town, you'll be on my list.

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Alright. Sounds fair to me.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 03:32 AM
Dudley Dursley;2548320']
Luna Lovegood;2548316']I believe it slightly more than Crabbe. I keep flipping from YEAH HE'S TELLING THE TRUTH and LYNCH HIM xD
I know really Im having the same issue now. and what mafia job could even come up as insane really.

Yeah o.O

I mean...like someone who think's they're mafia but is really town?

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:37 AM
Pity if there's a real shrink that he came out so early. I'll say what I think because if it's true then the mafia should have figured it out, so why shouldn't town. Mafia have doctors too y'know. Maybe that's why the godfather died yesterday. Just speculation but it would make sense. :tongue:

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:41 AM
I... don't understand what you mean.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Luna Lovegood;2548333']
Yeah o.O

When you think of that it makes almost no sense

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:44 AM
Don't insane doctors kill the people they protect? I think. :eyebrow:

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Dudley Dursley;2548340']
Luna Lovegood;2548333']
Yeah o.O

When you think of that it makes almost no sense

I think Luna means something like a Blabbermouth. They may have to also blurt out Town roles to the Mafia but not know it.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Waitamin that doesn't make sense, I don't think they do that. I should go read the flash.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 03:48 AM
Nah, I just meant a mafia goon that wins with the town. If the mafia won they'd be like YAY MAFIA WIN then WTF I LOST?

...but I'm just taking wild guesses xD

Insane Mafia Doctor is extremely unlikely.

Psychotic
08-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Hey Goldenboko: STOP FUCKING POSTING WITH YOUR REAL ACCOUNT.

Your friend, Psychotic.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 03:51 AM
Why is GB posting in this thread?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
Oh, Psychotic has it covered.

[M] D'Anna
Oh 50/50 that makes more sense. :tongue: Well that was the only reason I thought of of why a mafia would be insane... if they had insane doctors or cops. But mafia cops see other people's roles, so it doesn't make sense to have an insane one... 'tho perhaps I'm basing too much on Crabbe's roleclaim. WELL I just realize this is useless! Doesn't help us to speculate this I guess.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Anyone know how much time we have?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 03:58 AM
14 Hours I think. Roughly.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 04:01 AM
You are correct, Professor.

I'll be out tomorrow morning but I should be back in time for the end of the day.

Oh and if for some reason a majority is reached and I'm not around if some CK or Admin could close the thread that would just be awesome.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Quick, while he's away, let's vote for him!
Also, I'm confused. My head hurts from the tiredness.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Voting for me is ILLEGAL. >:O

[M] Adama
08-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Maybe if you were 18 we wouldn't have this problem would we?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 04:07 AM
I know. But what would you do if we did vote for you? If all of us did? Huh?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 04:12 AM
Hey please stop the useless spam its day two spam is for pages 5 and under. Really this game is starting to have people discussing things and your useless spam is interrupting it.

[M] Colette
08-15-2008, 04:15 AM
Oh I got voted for. For inactivity.

Well I think I got 3 posts as of now so can't blame ya. I kind of get put off on posting when I see about 3 new pages of posts every time I come back on, and I don't have a lot to contribute yet.

So far my suspicion list includes Crabbe for obvious reasons and a gut feeling. Sirius I'm not sure if he is scum and panicked and did a role claim or if he is telling the truth. Since only one townie died I'm somewhat inclined to believe he is scum, killed her and panicked over getting called out for it. Otherwise that means the mafia kill was either blocked or their target got protected.

Either way killing him now wouldn't be bad. If he's scum, yay, if he's town, well he already got his kill off. Nothing more then a vanilla that the mafia know not to go after at night.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 04:16 AM
Well, for me, It is Page 5 (I need to change that, thanks for reminding me) Second, we're really just discussing Crabbe's role claim and insane Mafia or something. Really, if we want to get anything done, we need to start looking at other members. Mainly the people who haven't done much, but have been online and posted.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 04:21 AM
Well I was speaking more on the "Kill Harry" stuff anyways. What constitutes as insane could really be anything none of us are really gonna know.
Also I have not seen dumbledork add anything useful at this point. (I may be wrong)
Also so I don't forget ##Unvote: Crabbe

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 04:25 AM
No, Dumbledore hasn't, which prompted me to question him earlier. He didn't seem bothered about the fact that he's on my list of suspects and didn't do anything to try and prove me wrong, which makes me think he's either a really laid-back townie, or a really laid-back Mafia.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 04:26 AM
Cho Chang;2548370']Oh I got voted for. For inactivity.

Well I think I got 3 posts as of now so can't blame ya. I kind of get put off on posting when I see about 3 new pages of posts every time I come back on, and I don't have a lot to contribute yet.

So far my suspicion list includes Crabbe for obvious reasons and a gut feeling. Sirius I'm not sure if he is scum and panicked and did a role claim or if he is telling the truth. Since only one townie died I'm somewhat inclined to believe he is scum, killed her and panicked over getting called out for it. Otherwise that means the mafia kill was either blocked or their target got protected.

Either way killing him now wouldn't be bad. If he's scum, yay, if he's town, well he already got his kill off. Nothing more then a vanilla that the mafia know not to go after at night.

There are many ways that the Godfather could've died we've already been over this. But I didn't "panic". I had to explain why my name was said. As far as I'm concerned the Crabbe and Ron situation should be addressed, there is something important there. What do we learn from killing me? I know that the town will learn nothing and I can't watch that happen.

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Umm...Dudley, Severus, what have you added? I don't think anyone's added much of anything yet aside from roleclaims which haven't been proven :p

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 04:31 AM
I added why Crabbe role claim was stupid. and Im the one who got him to say it.

[M] Felix
08-15-2008, 04:31 AM
For the moment I am still considering Sirius and Crabbe...

I'm not entirely sure I believe Sirius's claim that his job is done. As previously stated, he could simply be trying to get the attention away from himself.

As for Crabbe, it wouldn't be too incredibly hard to alter the quote to look like a role PM. We've all seen them and know the format for them, so faking one wouldn't be too hard... It, coupled with his vote against Ron, might be trying to get us to go after a townie or he could actually know something about Ron's role that we don't...

At this moment, I am leaning a bit more towards Crabbe... though Sirius seems just as eager to defend his roleclaim...

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Severus Snape;2548367']I know. But what would you do if we did vote for you? If all of us did? Huh?

I wouldn't count the votes, and nothing would really happen. Except I would become ANGRY. >:O

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Dudley Dursley;2548377']I added why Crabbe role claim was stupid. and Im the one who got him to say it.

1. It was totally obvious to everyone why it was stupid.
2. I think he was feeling the pressure from the votes that were quickly piling up on him. Funny how fast that happened.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Luna: I questioned Crabbe and Dumbledore. While I didn't get much out of either of them, some people have done far less than that.

Harry: Would you turn into the Hulk?

At the moment, I'm torn between Sirius and Crabbe. I believe Sirius should have gone for one of the people who jumped to save her. Then we would have got rid of Ginny today, because we would have thought she was Mafia. Which would have been bad, but if he had have killed a Townie, people would have thought Ginny was good, which she was.
I'll get to Crabbe later.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Vincent Crabbe (3): Buckbeak, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, <s>Luna Lovegood</s>, <s>Severus Snape</s>, <s>Dudley Dursley</s>
Dudley Dursley (0): <s>Voldemort</s>

A good chunk of people still haven't voted. HARRY SMASH. 13 hours and 15 minutes!

[M] Caprica
08-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Alright, so quite a bit seems to have transpired.

Here's my problem(s) with Crabbe.

a)You were very adamant about keeping your role secret, and then all of a sudden gave it up under pressure, though still quite easily in my mind. It just doesn't make sense to me unless you fed us a fake role.

b)While that may have been a legit roleclaim, the "pm" was laughable. There's hardly any information to go with your role - either you had trouble coming up with things, or the mods gave you a terribly uninteresting yet somewhat useful role.

c)Thirdly, you used the fact that Sirius has an unusual role to thus legitimize your unusual role. Not bad in and of itself, but we (and by we, I mean I) still don't believe Sirius 100%. (Also sort of an uninteresting role if it's just as he describes it.)

The whole problem with this mess is that it's still not super suspicious. Moreso than others, yes, but that doesn't necessarily make you scum.

What worries me are the inactives who can avoid all this scrutiny. They have the benefits of both being near invisible and don't give any reason to vote for them. I wish we could take a stab at them, but that's really hard right now, especially the way Crabbe came out swinging.

Sirius, you're still on MY list even though killing Ginny would have been a stupid mafia move. At the same time, in your situation, I don't think I would have swung that way either.

The only other person who has me going right now, and has been brought up by a few of you, is our good friend Dumbledore. Lots of activity but very little information. I'll take my quality over quantity.

But that's also me looking really hard for a lead.

OH! And I didn't like how Tonks came out so quickly to support Crabbe. I think there's a very high possibility that they're either both scum, or she knows he's not so that she can clear her name by clearing his. Once again, a bit of a stretch, but I'm looking for things to go on.

[M] Caprica
08-15-2008, 04:49 AM
So I'm going to withhold my vote, yet again, for now, but I hope there's some activity while I'm sleeping so there's some good reading to wake up to. (Not too much, mind you - I don't wake up that early.)

[M] Dee
08-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Iunno if I'll be back or not so I'll just put my vote back.

[M] Gaius
08-15-2008, 04:52 AM
Mafia's hurting my head. I'm voting this way just in case I don't get back to change my vote tomorrow morning.

##Vote: Vincent Crabby

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 05:00 AM
Severus Snape;2548383']
At the moment, I'm torn between Sirius and Crabbe. I believe Sirius should have gone for one of the people who jumped to save her. Then we would have got rid of Ginny today, because we would have thought she was Mafia. Which would have been bad, but if he had have killed a Townie, people would have thought Ginny was good, which she was.
I'll get to Crabbe later.
As far as I was concerned, Ginny herself told us far more about the people who tried to save her. If Ginny flips town then we knew Voldy and Hermione aren't panicking scum, but if Voldy or Hermione flipped town then we don't learn anything about the other or Ginny.

Hermione Granger;2548386']
c)Thirdly, you used the fact that Sirius has an unusual role to thus legitimize your unusual role. Not bad in and of itself, but we (and by we, I mean I) still don't believe Sirius 100%. (Also sort of an uninteresting role if it's just as he describes it.)
Ha! I agree, I woulda preferred Vanilla :(

Hermione Granger;2548386']Sirius, you're still on MY list even though killing Ginny would have been a stupid mafia move. At the same time, in your situation, I don't think I would have swung that way either.

I don't quite understand what you mean, if you clarify I could try and explain my thinking.

Hermione Granger;2548386']OH! And I didn't like how Tonks came out so quickly to support Crabbe. I think there's a very high possibility that they're either both scum, or she knows he's not so that she can clear her name by clearing his. Once again, a bit of a stretch, but I'm looking for things to go on.

I missed that. I'm going to go back and read through Tonks' posts now.

[M] Felix
08-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Unfortunately, I'm not certain I'll be on in time tomorrow, either.

My main suspicion lies with Vincent Crabbe, at the moment, as he is the one trying to get us against Ron. For what reason, I am not certain. In case I do not get on tomorrow:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-15-2008, 05:09 AM
Actually, I have contributed a bit. Do you forget me so fast, Luna? :cry:

Anyway, out of Crabbe and Sirius, I'm not sure which one sets off my scumdar the most, but I'm also looking out for the inactives, Voldemort, and Ron. Inactives because...well, they're inactive, and it could mean something, but it also might mean nothing too big. Voldemort because he just seems so quick to get defensive. Ron because if the Shrink really is a shrink and he's telling the truth, Ron could be very, very dangerous to the town.

There's my :twocents:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-15-2008, 05:11 AM
Ron is also a question because of his posting style...He seems awfully...I dunno, laidback. As soon as we all heard "omg he's insane!" and we were like 'oh ok boss" then he started to lay low.

Then again, it's only day 2 and so it may not mean anything, but since it's nearing the end of day two...

I would watch out for him, really.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Not true, Sirius. Mafia don't care who die, as long as it's town. Killing Ginny revealed nothing. Hermione could still be Mafia, but just toying with Town in order to confuse us. Because she jumped to Ginny's defense, we immediately think Pro-Town. Same goes for Voldy.
Although, this still leaves the mystery of who killed the Godfather.

[M] Caprica
08-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Alright, so I lied - I didn't mean to, but I got a phone call as I was laying down and this is so addicting I had to check it again.

I guess with the whole killing Ginny thing, if you wanted to find out what she was, we could've done that today, but that was poor thinking on my part - I keep forgetting that if your claim is correct, you HAD to kill someone, so at least voting for her was based in some logic - anyone else would have been even more of a swing in the dark. So I don't think I nearly suspect you as much as I did initially. Also, I'll be the first to admit, the Tonks thing is a pretty big stretch. There were three posts in a row that I thought were somewhat defensive, but looking back again, the first one really got me, but even the second time didn't seem so bad. Like I said, looking for anything, really.

If Crabbe really is a shrink (which I'm still having trouble believing) then we might have a problem on our hands with Ron - but crazy is much better than guilty. I'm trying to imagine an insane mafia role - I'm sure there are obvious ones and I'm just not thinking well right now. At the same time, we don't need an insane cop wandering around, but that will do much less harm than other roles for the time being.

Alright, bedtime for real now.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Severus Snape;2548401']Not true, Sirius. Mafia don't care who die, as long as it's town. Killing Ginny revealed nothing. Hermione could still be Mafia, but just toying with Town in order to confuse us. Because she jumped to Ginny's defense, we immediately think Pro-Town. Same goes for Voldy.
Although, this still leaves the mystery of who killed the Godfather.

I never said they weren't possible scum, I said they weren't "panicking scum". As in "OH CRAP! OUR TEAMATE GINNY IS GONNA DIE! *Fixes*" We know this scenario cannot have happened for either player because Ginny isn't scum, therefore the Ginny kill teaches us more then a Ginny Supporter kill.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 05:22 AM
Ah, sorry, I misread that part. Personally, I don't suspect Hermione, though I do Voldy. I think I'm gonna go and compile a list of people I trust and those I don't and reasons why. Might help me organise things.

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Vincent Crabbe (6): Buckbeak, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Luna Lovegood, Voldemort, Dobby, <s>Severus Snape</s>, <s>Dudley Dursley</s>

That's 6 for Crabbe, with 11 to lynch. zomg!

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
08-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Hermione Granger;2548402']At the same time, we don't need an insane cop wandering around, but that will do much less harm than other roles for the time being.

Wait, why wouldn't we want an insane cop? Once they figure out to flip their results, an insane cop is an asset, especially if Crabbe was telling the truth and the insane cop now knows he's insane. Why would we want to get rid of any sort of cop just because he may be wrong or confused at first?

I am, however, still unsure about Crabbe.

If Crabbe isn't scum, why would he want to reveal an insane person publicly? if the person he points out isn't mafia, that means the mafia now knows who an insane cop/doctor is, and that insane cop/doctor ALSO knows, which instantly makes that person a threat to the mafia and a prime target. Goodbye, potential help. And if that insane person IS mafia, the entire mafia now know and can use that person more effectively.

Then again, if Crabbe is scum, I don't see his mafia buddies letting him push himself into the spotlight like that.

Or, he was just lying. That would lead me to think he is scum or a neutral/individual role, trying to get attention drawn to himself.

[M] Eizen
08-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Listen Crabbe, I'm not sure if you are lying or not about your role, so I will keep my role to myself for now. If you are lying, and I did say my role, then I will walk right into a mafia trap to knock off someone who may have a power role.

My vote for Myrtle seems to be a little unnecessary now, so I'll take that off. if she is not here come day 3, this is coming back.

##Unvote: Moaning Myrtle

This is directed at Crabbe. There is one thing that is keeping me from believing you, and that is your desire to lynch Sirius earlier in the day. When the town begun to realize that there is a good chance Sirius told the truth, then you shifted your sights to target me.

[M] Gaius
08-15-2008, 07:08 AM
I can't sleep, and I think it's because of this damned game. I'll make sure to re-vote tomorrow, but right now, I don't want him lynched without more developments.

I still plan to vote for Crabbs, but for right now I'm doing this: ##Unvote: Vincent Crabbe

If nothing sways me between now and 1 tomorrow, I'm reposting my vote.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-15-2008, 07:16 AM
##Vote: Crabbe. I'm reinputting my vote now because there is no one else better to vote for currently.

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Allll hours. Also, so I can be cool
##Unvote: Ron Weasley
##Vote:Vincent Crabbe
It's been a pleasure playing with you all. /bow

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
08-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Sorry all I've been away. Mrs. Norris was sick so I had to attend to her.

Too much has gone on while I'm awhile. You little kids are always up to your random mischief. It will not go unpunished. Therefore the kid I believe deserves a detention is:

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 08:42 AM
He just voted himself. That reeks of Jester-ness. Whether he is or isn't, doesn't matter. Just unvote him

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Actually, he may be scum trying to evade a lynching. I change my mind. But I implore everyone to think before you vote, even more than before.
##Vote: Crabbe again

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Well done Crabbe, you've succeeded in confusing me.
However, I don't believe you are a jester, you would have made better attempts at incriminating yourself.
I do, however, think you are scum. If you aren't, you're being a very silly townie. I'm not entirely sure if there's some sort of suicidal townie that's pro-mafia, so someone else might need to shed some light on the situation

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I meant suicidal player, not townie. But pro-mafia anyway.
Gah, too much text!

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 09:01 AM
I'd like to point out, Crabbe is 2 votes from lynching. I do hope he is scum

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Being alone sure is boring. :(

[M] Apollo
08-15-2008, 10:07 AM
By the by, before I die;
I'd like to point out that when I'm hung for my mistakes and am revealed to be telling the truth, that you all remember the possibility of other mentally unstable individuals in the town.
I'm only saddened that I didn't get to test out a few more to see if I, myself, were insane.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
If it turns out you were a Shrink, then I think it's safe to assume we have an Insane Cop. I'm sure there is at least one insane Mafia member too. So, perhaps, your death is necessary at this point? It is unfortunate, but you will still win with the town, assuming you are telling the truth.

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Yes Crabbe, if you die and turn out innocent and role-claim true, we will shift our priorities to who you pointed out.

Don't have time to catch up now, will do it in a few hours.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 10:52 AM
It might be wise for you to summarise your suspicions so that it is easier for us townies to act on your findings if you are indeed one of us.

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 12:07 PM
If that was pointed at me, very well, it was time anyway. (and just to point out, you haven't either Buckbeak)

My shortlist:

High suspision

Crabbe - Voting without reason, and defending it? Scum move at best, stupid n00b townie at worst. Then a roleclaim that could be plausible, but too late and the damage is done.

Medium suspision

Tonks - Has the rather confusing approach of clearing people instead of pointing blame. I don't really know what to make of it. Not enough reason to vote for him, but enough to keep an eye.

Sirius - You can't just ignore Ginny, but the roleclaim seems plausible. I will keep a close eye though.

Low suspision

Dobby - Out of pure annoyance. xD

Ron - Perhaps Insane, we will see after the day is over.

[/end]

I see Mr. Filch is back. Glad to see, now only Myrtle unaccounted for.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I was aiming that at Vincent, as he is most likely up for lynching.

I currently have clue who the scum are, but perhaps my partner has some inkling. They may post once they take over.

[M] Anise
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Buckbeak A, signing out. Nighty night all

[M] Mom – Host
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
Buckbeak;2548452']Crabbe is 2 votes from lynching

Math says differently.

Vincent Crabbe (8): Buckbeak, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Luna Lovegood, Dobby, Dudley Dursley, Vincent Crabbe, Mr. Filch, <s>Severus Snape</s>, <s>Voldemort</s>
Moaning Myrtle (0): <s>Ron Weasley</s>
Ron Weasley (0): <s>Vincent Crabbe</s>

4 hours and 20 minutes remaining!

[M] Caprica
08-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Rubeus Hagrid;2548417']
Hermione Granger;2548402']At the same time, we don't need an insane cop wandering around, but that will do much less harm than other roles for the time being.

Wait, why wouldn't we want an insane cop?

I got that confused with Naive/Paranoid.

Also, I am absolutely sick of this vote for yourself thing. It's not going to inspire pity, it's really just a dumb move. If you're scum, you're being silly, and if you're town you're being stupid. You can't help us at all by hurrying up and getting yourself killed.

If you flip shrink, we've got some sanity figured out, and you've done some good for the town. And we look bad for killing you. But really, I'm not sure what else to do right now, and you're not being very helpful yourself.

If you've got a contingent, let's hear it, this vote shouldn't kill you yet. In fact, it won't even put you up for a majority lynch, so we should still be ok.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
This is all so confusing. I'm not sure who to vote for. While Crabbe is the obvious choice, I don't want to see a majority lynch. Oh, well. Might as well just get it over with.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Looks like Crabbe will die today! I still don't know what to think of that so I'll just watch what happens. No point in adding a vote now except to end the day early cuz he's dying no matter what. :tongue: It's mighty retarded that Crabbe voted for himself 'tho, and then he's still trying to say he's right...

Oh I'm not trying to clear anyone either, I'm just sayin' my reactions which a lotta you are too afraid to do cuz people will pin suspicions. :eyebrow: And don't think I'm trying to clear myself, cuz the only way I can do that is if I have a role that can prove it or if I die.

To me everyone is suspicious until they do something unsuspicious, and then they move down on my suspicion list. Since I have to vote I'll just do this again cuz I don't have much to go on aside from people staying low.

##Vote: Peter Pettigrew

[M] Caprica
08-15-2008, 02:17 PM
While I doubt he's coming back, there's still a good like three hours of discussion, no need to do the inevitable ahead of schedule.

##UnVote: Crabbe

[M] Al - Biker Dad
08-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually, I'm gonna unvote. I just realised if he's a role that takes Revenge or something on the person who casts the deciding Vote, I don't want to be that person.

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Haha Sorry I've been away, I need to catch up with the game! Hopefully I'll do good.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm up now. Didn't really miss much obviously.

I'm still up for asking any questions people have for me and I really do hope inactives will show up soon. It would be such a waste if we have to start killing inactives to force the mafia out.

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I believe an important part of mafia is the deception of pro-town being good.
They can be out for their own gain, and I don't trust doctors who protect themselves in the hope they will survive to the end, it is selfish and thus the credibility of their role is brought to zero.
Be a team player or I.will.get.you

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 02:58 PM
WELL the more I read the more I think this is bad situation... Ron didn't even vote for Crabbe. :eyebrow: He made it sound like he does have a role that could be insane (doesn't mean cop! There's more than one role that could be insane and prolly made up ones too with this game's craziness)... well either that or he's using it as a cover up... but it's a lot of a coincidence for Crabbe to say Ron is insane then, isn't it?

I'm not trying to defend Crabbe but this doesn't seem right...

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
One of the main reason I didn't unvote at the beginning when he roleclaimed. Let's say he is a shrink, and let's say Ron is insane. What is the chance that the first time Crabbe investigates someone, he/she turns out to be insane.

It would just be... Insane! xD

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
None of this seems right, Tonks speak up a bit more I want to hear your opinions, you have been quiet and I think some gentle investigation always helps.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I have not been quiet, you've been quiet. You speak up! :eyebrow:

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:16 PM
I just want day 1 to end!

##vote: Ron

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
08-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Moaning Myrtle;2548551']I believe an important part of mafia is the deception of pro-town being good.
They can be out for their own gain, and I don't trust doctors who protect themselves in the hope they will survive to the end, it is selfish and thus the credibility of their role is brought to zero.
Be a team player or I.will.get.youI'm confused. Correct me if I am wrong, and I'm not going to jump to any conclusions which is why I am asking, but are you saying you will get the doctor unless they are a team player? this does not make any sense to me. :confused:

I would be putting a vote on for Crabbe but as others have said, there is no need to rush things along. I can see how his claim might be beliveable, but the way he has gone about it has been a bit silly and I think it is his own fault that things turned out this way.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Remus Lupin;2548565']One of the main reason I didn't unvote at the beginning when he roleclaimed. Let's say he is a shrink, and let's say Ron is insane. What is the chance that the first time Crabbe investigates someone, he/she turns out to be insane.

It would just be... Insane! xD

That would be and approximate 1 in 21 Chance (assuming Ron is the only insane) since he can't check himself, or Bellatrix because she was dead.

The percent chance of that would be 4.7% Now this chance rises by 4.7% for each insane role. Assuming we have 3 insane roles (seems like a good number) this gives him a 14.1% chance of finding someone who is insane Night 1.

Another thing about this roleclaim other then percent chance, which isn't TOO awful, I mean, its actually better then a 1 in 10 shot, is that its very ambiguous.

Think about it.
"My role tells me if he's insane or not. But I don't know what insane means. I don't know if insane people are in the mafia. I don't know if insane people are pro-town. I don't know what to do once I find an insane person. No one else can figure out if they're insane."

Seems like a role that can make a lot of mistakes without punishment from the town to me :greenie:

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:25 PM
@ Neville

Only if the doctor is not helping us at all, and is only protecting himself.

Capitilate On Pretentious people.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Moaning Myrtle;2548575']I just want day 1 to end!

This is day 2... xD

I s'pose this result will be interesting to wait and see. :tongue: BBL 'tho.

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh .. what happened day 1?

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
08-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Moaning Myrtle;2548575']I just want day 1 to end!

We're in day 2 here :p

Tonks, Hagrid, Ron, why have you all been so quiet?

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Okay I've just read the thread over and seen the whole Sirius Black killing thing.
ROLECLAIM! LISTEN UP CAREFULLY!

I am an cop I was online during the night period and investigated myself, I came up innocent but there is a reason I role claimed so early.

I will die very soon, I don't know when exactly but I estimate in 3-4 days, the chance of me surviving the the end is zero, I cannot win.

I will investigate Sirius Black tonight and be back in the morning with the result, don't worry about me getting night killed it won't happen, unless a non- scum killing role targets me.

Fire your questions away, I'm prepared to answer them.

P.S I'm an ordinary cop with an unfortunate twist.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I have not been quiet! :irked: I'm posting ALL THE TIME. I have Sleep and Life Outside Internet too. I shouldn't be here right now. I've talked as much or more than anyone accusing me of being quiet, you twats. :irked: :irked: But Hagrid has just been staying low and Ron is oddly quiet today 'tho.

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:47 PM
Wtf...

[M] D'Anna
08-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Double wtf...

I saw you edit your post Myrtle. First you claimed insane cop.

##Unvote
##Vote Myrtle

Explain now!

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 03:49 PM
No, no no no... no.

I saw your little mistake. Insane cop that investigated himself and turned up innocent.

You've just lost all credibility.

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:49 PM
Oh and this isn't some stupid DD roleclaim, I'm a very practised player, I've won many mafias.

[M] Elize
08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Oh yes, to be seen. first you don't show up, then you don't know what day it is, and three seconds after you arrive you claim insane cop.

:eyebrow:

edit: Insane cop always gets the wrong result. It would be impossible for you to get innocent unless you are scum, which is impossible being a cop. Therefore getting innocent as insane cop is impossible and you, my friend, are lying.

Worst roleclaim ever.

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
It was a complication, My investigation proved I was insane so now I know that my investigations are that of a normal one.

[M] Aaron
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I was obviously playing the noob card. :rolleyes2