PDA

View Full Version : Questions

arcanedude34
08-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Out of curiosity, why did Xemnas and the rest of the Organization feel it necessary to trick Sora into gathering hearts when he would have anyway? (the keyblade bearer's destiny blah blah blah) They could have subtly sent out more heartless instead of signing their own death warrants by taunting him and holding his girlfrend hostage. Xemnas should be able to see this especially since he doesn't have a heart to muddle up his brain thinking.

And what exactly was Marluxia's great plan anyway? "I think it's a good idea to taunt and tease Sora and AGAIN hold his (fake) girlfriend hostage, then ask him to help us kill Xemnas." And of course this involves trying to kill Sora multiple times? What? Why did Marluxia want to overthrow the Organization anyway? Did he think HE deserved to be the Organization's head Stupid Overcomplicated Plan Guy?

For that matter (this is probably more my own stupidity, but I have to ask) what was "Ansem's" agenda in the first game? It always seemed to me like he just got kicks out of hanging around in a 15-year-old boy's body. O_o Why couldn't Mickey seal all the keyholes if he has a Keyblade? And why did Mickey want Donald and Goofy to find Leon anyway? He didn't do anything. He should have sent them to Yen Sid or at least Merlin... And finally, why don't Donald/Goofy mention/seem concerned about/notice Pluto's absence throughout the entire game? Lousy dogsitters if ya ask me...

Tavrobel
08-13-2008, 05:34 AM
1) They wanted it to get done faster. More rage = more hearts. Xemnas has a timetable to keep. It's all in his Excel sheet, down from dates, to hours, and even complex formulas involving very, very small numbers. I'm talking electron-sized numbers.

2) What, you can't take over an Organization that you were recently invited into and not have that be the great plan? Technically he didn't want to kill Sora, only have his ascend the castle, at which point, miss fake girlfriend would have completely altered his memories and made him a puppet. Everyone in the Organization knows that he's a BAMF. But little miss fake blondie screwed everything up, which caused Sora to freak out, which caused everyone else to freak out, except Axel, who seemed to be enjoying the whole process on his way to save his bestest buddy in the whole wide world.

A more serious answer may involve the importance of actually having possession of Castle Oblivion; Xigbar (and consequently Zexion) know that there's more than a few secrets in Castle Oblivion, which may or may not have anything to do with the Lingering Spirit (fine, whatever, Terra). Accessing memories of the old Xehanort could lead to untold power.

3) Ansem, Seeker of the Dark, Heartless, was simply attempting to obtain the power of Kingdom Hearts, which he believed to be darkness (an instinctive trait of any Heartless). Though the shell does appear to be so, Kingdom Hearts is actually light, so that kind of screws him over. Big giant double vision + asplosion means that you either bought Manta Style, or you just got screwed. And I don't think Ansem had a Diffusal Blade or a Vitality Booster.

Mickey probably didn't have a ship, nor a way to travel worlds, traditional or otherwise.

Leon's great at finding information, and is very strong. Who else would be better to track down, since finding the Keyblade wielder is much more difficult? Also, Mickey probably knew who Leon was based on his time spent at Hollow Bastion.

Yen Sid's his teacher, not his babysitter. A strong wizard such as Yen Sid probably isn't very concerned with the destruction of the universe.

Not their problem. Mickey didn't order them to keep tabs on Pluto. Besides, Pluto is more than capable of fending for himself, especially since he seems to have the ability to jump worlds far in advance compared to Mickey.

arcanedude34
08-13-2008, 05:52 AM
1) They wanted it to get done faster. More rage = more hearts. Xemnas has a timetable to keep. It's all in his Excel sheet, down from dates, to hours, and even complex formulas involving very, very small numbers. I'm talking electron-sized numbers.

That logic justifies driving through a playground filled with kids and several dozen backs yards to be on time to work.

1)2) What, you can't take over an Organization that you were recently invited into and not have that be the great plan? Technically he didn't want to kill Sora, only have his ascend the castle, at which point, miss fake girlfriend would have completely altered his memories and made him a puppet. Everyone in the Organization knows that he's a BAMF. But little miss fake blondie screwed everything up, which caused Sora to freak out, which caused everyone else to freak out, except Axel, who seemed to be enjoying the whole process on his way to save his bestest buddy in the whole wide world.

Then what about all the game overs I got while trying to get to Sora's fake girlfriend? Larxene hit like she damn well meant it, and that was before Blondie screwed it all up I think.

1)2)Mickey probably didn't have a ship, nor a way to travel worlds, traditional or otherwise.

So... where'd he go? He left the castle, he obviously can traverse through the universe. Not to mention him randomly showing up at a moment's notice to save you in KHII.

1)2)Leon's great at finding information, and is very strong. Who else would be better to track down, since finding the Keyblade wielder is much more difficult? Also, Mickey probably knew who Leon was based on his time spent at Hollow Bastion.

But... he's just some random shmoe. How does he stand a better chance at finding Sora than Donald and Goofy do? And don't say something like "well he did find Sora in the game." That was a Deus-Ex-Machina-esque coincidence.

1)2)Yen Sid's his teacher, not his babysitter. A strong wizard such as Yen Sid probably isn't very concerned with the destruction of the universe.

That makes little sense. He doesn't care about the universe? Since when? He didn't mind babysitting Sora in KHII. Hell, he even gave him new clothes and a "sweet" ride.

1)2)Not their problem. Mickey didn't order them to keep tabs on Pluto. Besides, Pluto is more than capable of fending for himself, especially since he seems to have the ability to jump worlds far in advance compared to Mickey.

True, but if I was Mckey, I'd be pissed at them. If my dog jumped into someone's car while I wasn't looking, and they just let him run away, I know I'D be pissed.

Tavrobel
08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
That logic justifies driving through a playground filled with kids and several dozen backs yards to be on time to work.

I disagree. Though it would technically reduce the distance necessary to drive, grass and random debris will invariably slow down the velocity of the car, sometimes by very large amounts. Poor terrain and such will also increase friction and certain other static forces that will slow you down. Furthermore, in your attempts to possibly avoid debris, you could get yourself majorly off-course. Though this happens on roads as well, at least there is a semblance of familiarity and big giant green/brown/blue road signs, and a pavement that, when is not mired by crashes or weather, is pretty useful.

Ultimately, not my logic, it's Xemnas's. Although, it's fun to try and justify it.

Then what about all the game overs I got while trying to get to Sora's fake girlfriend? Larxene hit like she damn well meant it, and that was before Blondie screwed it all up I think.

Well, it's not much of a game without game overs. Another case of game mechanics not equaling game plot. Larxene was never designed to be a nice person. Considering fake-girl's nature, she probably did it to both keep her in line, but to also get rid of some of that jealous rage.

So... where'd he go? He left the castle, he obviously can traverse through the universe. Not to mention him randomly showing up at a moment's notice to save you in KHII.

Probably got stuck on the other side of Kingdom Hearts, or he had an obligation to stay there. He could have had the ability to jump worlds, then he lost it (Gummi ship). Between CoM and KHII, there's the passage of a whole year. Mickey was able to find a way to use the dark corridors and traverse them, but by the end of KHII, he still does not produce his own way out of TWtNW. He's only using the corridors, not making them himself.

But... he's just some random shmoe. How does he stand a better chance at finding Sora than Donald and Goofy do? And don't say something like "well he did find Sora in the game." That was a Deus-Ex-Machina-esque coincidence.

Wasn't going to say that he did. I found that to be a coincidence too, because the first thing he did was try to kick your ass. You would think that the big giant Key would've been his first clue, but his suspicions ultimately overrode his knowledge. If your home were taken over by things that could change form, I'd probably be a little wary of stuff, too.

He's got more experience. Just because he's random doesn't mean he's not qualified or known. When the Heartless first attacked Hollow Bastion, Leon was one of the members participating in fighting them off. It was the defeat that caused him to change his name, as stated in the first game. Mickey spent a fairly decent amount of time in Hollow Bastion. Is it not far off that he would not only get to know the leader, but as well as several subordinates/randoms?

That makes little sense. He doesn't care about the universe? Since when? He didn't mind babysitting Sora in KHII. Hell, he even gave him new clothes and a "sweet" ride.

Life extension through magical or paranormal means often twists your reality. But that's a different topic. I don't know why he doesn't care either; I was answering this question facetiously. The same could go for a whole load of other OP characters in literature.

True, but if I was Mckey, I'd be pissed at them. If my dog jumped into someone's car while I wasn't looking, and they just let him run away, I know I'D be pissed.

He probably didn't jump the Gummi ship, but I don't remember if he did. He shows up with a note from Mickey at the end of the first game, signaling the beginning of CoM, even though the balance amongst the worlds should have been fixed. Non participating members shouldn't be able to know anything (Kairi, Hollow Bastion characters, etc. don't at the beginning of KHII), yet Pluto still shows up at the end of KHI, outside of his world. This dog is different. He's wearing Enigma, and has +1 Teleport.