PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls should lock me up and throw away the key

darkchrono
08-13-2008, 05:17 AM
I think Elder Scrolls should lock me up and throw away the key before I do something very very bad in their world. One thing I kind of have an interest in doing is slaying one person of royalty in the game.

So right now the Countess of Corral is the one whom I am thinking about slaying. So if people see you you will get caught but if nobody sees you doing it you can get away with it the other night I decided to mark her path that she takes during the day (since I assume characters take the same paths most of the time) and see at what point I can knock her off without having anybody see. So I noticed that right before she takes the throne for the day she sits in the waiting room for a few minutes. And at some point for probably about thirty seconds or so there are no guards around to see. So if I am going to get her the best bet is to get her there.

But there are a few other things I want to do first and I want to make sure I won't be missing out on any quests if I do slay her so I want to wait awhile for that reason as well.

The Watcher
08-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Just a tip
Either level up your marksman to master, or sneak.
Cause youll need all the multipliers you can get for that OHKO.
Cause you only get one shot, and then runnin like hell XD

darkchrono
08-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Actually I like questing and exploring alot more than I do combat so I don't have the combat difficulty up real high (I can take most everything out that I have fought so far pretty easily). I am sure the guards are alot stronger than that though.

In anycase how severe generally is the crime in that game if you do get caught slaying somebody? I'm sure it can't be extremely severe because they wouldn't want to destroy your game and practically make you start over.

The main reason I'm interested in doing it is because I want to see how the townsfolk would react to something like that. If it would be something everyone would take notice of or if they would just continue on doing the same 'ole thing like it never happened.

The Shoeless Hobo
08-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Killing someone costs $1000 in fines. Attempting to kill someone is $40.
You cannot kill main characters, they just become "unconscious."
What I tend to do is hide in bushes with my bow and arrow on sneak, and if no one sees me and someone walks past I'll shoot them and steal their money and key. ^_^

I just loaded my game and as I was already in Chorrol so I went to the castle to see the countess on her throne. I went up the stairs and shot her. She cannot die, she only goes unconscious. :(

darkchrono
08-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Hmm that is odd. But I guess it makes sense. Keeps them from having to go through all kinds of extra dialogue about what characters would say when someone of importance died.

And it also keeps the flow of the game going as well by not elliminating any possible future quests.

Dragonsoul
08-14-2008, 05:40 AM
This game is amazing~!! :-)

Tabris
08-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Not all royalties are considered essential characters, I believe. Main Page - UESPWiki (http://www.uesp.net) have all the info you need. ^^)

bipper
08-14-2008, 09:14 PM
lol so much for freedom.

Yew-Yevon
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Just type the ` key the type tgm and your invincible.

if you want to avoid bloody war and endless gaurd corpses then type player.payfine. Keep in minde that you have to type the ` key before and after the code is typed.

PS: type kill and click on the victom to kill them and noone will care :D

Sarc the Swordsman
08-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Aww, the poor Countess! I love the game though, but I don't kill NPC's unless I really need to - for example, to advance through a quest line.

A couple of the Counts/Countesses lose their 'essential' mark after certain quests though.

darkchrono
08-16-2008, 02:32 AM
When I first started playing Oblivian I thought you were able to explore all the countries on the Elder Scrolls map (not just Cyrodill). So when I thought that I figured there would be no harm in doing it to a couple characters since there would be thousands left to interact with (I think I knocked off two (and one of them was just when I was trying to get used to that 'charming' technique I messed up and the lady got so mad at me she started trying to kill me herself)).

But then when I found out Cyrodill was the only country to explore and the amount of characters to interact with fell down to hundreds instead of thousands I decided to hold off on killing to many people so it wouldn't mess up any of my possible quests.

DrDeath in Despair
08-16-2008, 08:52 AM
Darkchrono, if the NPC is needed for a quest, (s)he doesn't die.
Oblivion is very limited, and doesn't give me the feeling of being "free."
All I felt was having to play another "One-Way" RPG without the need of leveling.

CimminyCricket
08-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I enjoyed this game so much, I quit the job I held at the time.

Sarc the Swordsman
08-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Oblivion has a lot of freedom - you can go almost anywhere within Cyrodiil and do most of the things you want to do; the quests are entirely optional too - but the problem I found was the lack of different ways to complete each quest.

For example, instead of killing someone on the Dark Brotherhood quest, why couldn't we cut a deal to fake their death and let them walk free?

Still a great game though!

DrDeath in Despair
08-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Oblivion has a lot of freedom - you can go almost anywhere within Cyrodiil and do most of the things you want to do; the quests are entirely optional too - but the problem I found was the lack of different ways to complete each quest.

For example, instead of killing someone on the Dark Brotherhood quest, why couldn't we cut a deal to fake their death and let them walk free?

It doesn't feel like freedom when going up from Leyawiin and getting "You can't go here" messege.

darkchrono
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM

It doesn't feel like freedom when going up from Leyawiin and getting "You can't go here" messege.

True but they have to put a limit to what is in the game at some point. And I think the fact that they let you go into practically every single building and every single cave and basically let you explore every nook and cranny in cyrodill is quite impressive.

If they let you explore the entire Elder Scrolls continent than some would get upset that they aren't allowed to leave the continent. Just a situation where you can't make everybody happy.

CimminyCricket
08-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Man. I want to play this game again so bad.

Tabris
08-17-2008, 06:06 PM

There is one quest you get in Dark Brotherhood when you can do just that.

Yew-Yevon
08-18-2008, 10:02 PM
I would download a mod that lets you kill them off. Anyone seen the eyecandy mod?

darkchrono
08-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Here is a question for those who have gone through an entire calendar year in Elder Scrolls. Do the seasons change as the calendar changes? Do the days shorten and lengthen like they do in real life and does it snow during some months while it rains in others?

I have only gone through about two and a half months of game time up to this point.

Vyk
08-21-2008, 04:43 AM
One of the countesses IS essential for another quest. And can STILL be killed. I don't know if its the one from Choral. But one of the shrine god things tells you to go to a party and cast a certain spell. She's hosting the party. You have to embarrass her. She's also in charge of capturing and torturing the lizard people. And for that my brother killed her to vindicate them during a quest involving them. Then much later in the game discovered he needed her alive to do the party pooper quest