PDA

View Full Version : Although gaming isn't just for kids...

ReloadPsi
08-13-2008, 03:59 PM
...it sure seems to make people act like them. I've seen quite a few threads today where an opinion on gaming suddenly has people squabbling like schoolchildren. Hell, I've even been guilty of it once or twice, but this is ridiculous. Things I'm sick of:

"*game* sucks!"
These days, when a game is good, you can generally make yourself look cool and unusual by saying that it is, in fact, bad. Usually with no adequate backing.

"I have a PS3. This means that if you have a 360 or a Wii, I think you're a moron."
Come on assholes, I grew out of this when I was 11, owned a SNES and got lent a Mega Drive by someone who was going on holiday. My "only like one console" bias that my Nintendo magazines had been trying to indoctrinate me with was eternally extinguished that day, because I opened my mind and tried something else. Pricks. The reaction to FFXIII being announced on the 360 was enough proof that the current gaming community needs to grow up.

"People who use *character/weapon/pink sex toy* are n00bs"
Actually people who suck so badly at the game that they don't know how to beat a player using character/weapon/pink sex toy are n00bs. If you're so damn good at the game...

"This game is better because it's old"
No it's not. I like a lot of older games and do like to rub it in on my friends who can't draw a NES controller that I'm more oldschool than them, but that's in jest. I don't think it makes me better than them.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: today's gaming community pisses me off. They're worse than some soccer fans, you know, the ones who fight and riot over difference of opinion (teams supported basically).

KentaRawr!
08-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I'd say "lol n00b", but I'm sure someone else will in time. :p

You're going to find big babies wherever you go. People saying this is better than that, their old stuff was better, and so on. It's a shame, but one just has to try their best to ignore it.

However...

Sometimes thing like this are true. Certain things give people too much of an advantage in certain games. Like invisibility in MGS: Portable Ops.

Vermachtnis
08-13-2008, 04:23 PM

FOX ONLY! NO ITEMS! 3 STOCK! FINAL DESTINATION!

Or pretty much any varient of the Stop Having Fun Guys Guy (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StopHavingFunGuys?from=Main.StopHavingFunGuy). Shut up and let me play the game how I wanna play it.

And yea the loudest portion of the gaming community is annoying. You get, "This game is different. Shuun! SHUUUUUUUN!" or "This game is the exact same! SHUN! SHUUUUUUN!"

Momiji
08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
That's why I don't care for online multiplayer as much as I used to. People tend to get bitchy when they don't get their way.

I personally prefer one-player games anyway-- that way the only person you're challenging is yourself, and it's your own fault if you get mad at it. :p

ReloadPsi
08-13-2008, 07:58 PM
That's why I don't care for online multiplayer as much as I used to. People tend to get bitchy when they don't get their way.

That's why I play co-op as often as possible. I also don't play online, but that's largely due to compatibility issues with my router. From what I've seen though, I'm not missing much.

I'd say "lol n00b", but I'm sure someone else will in time. :p

You're going to find big babies wherever you go. People saying this is better than that, their old stuff was better, and so on. It's a shame, but one just has to try their best to ignore it.

Yeah I know. But gamers tend to be the worst... it's why I try to avoid them at times.

I Don't Need A Name
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Not only is the gaming community pathetic, but i think the game creaters are becoming more and more infuriating.
the whole 'im gonna make a game series. oh look, its become popular. im now gonna make sequels on different consoles just to annoy all the fans' attitude is getting on my tits. (KH & FF making me need a DS & a PSP)

Dreddz
08-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh its always been like this. During the 16-bit days it was great fun backing one of the two systems (and you were a total rebel if you were supporting the Turbografx 16). Even if the term wasn't used back then, we were all fanboys but the difference was that a fanboy wasn't deemed to be the scum of the earth like it is now.

Now you have to support all systems to have a valid opinion and to be taken seriously. Its all turned to crap. Talking about games just isn't as fun as it used to be. People take so much offense over such a trivial thing as a video game.

Whats now deemed pathetic was once alright and I wish people could stop being so mature about these things and let things pass. I remember squabbling about video games and it was all in good nature, nobody would be offended and nobody would fall out. Now things have changed and I'm forced to be careful about what I say in case it upsets anyone and I end up in an argument.

Tavrobel
08-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi guys, welcome to the internet. As far as I know, the only way to help with the stupidity is to not get dragged into it yourself.

ReloadPsi
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi guys, welcome to the internet. As far as I know, the only way to help with the stupidity is to not get dragged into it yourself.

The internet didn't exist in this way when I was in middle school. Gamers were equally big babies without one.

Tavrobel
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
The internet didn't exist in this way when I was in middle school. Gamers were equally big babies without one.

You didn't play enough Age of Empires online (to give you a specific experience; I can rattle off more). Oddly enough, my experience in real-life gaming has been fairly fortunate, but that might be because most of my gamer friends are also geniuses, and those who aren't are actually fairly incompetent in other aspects of life.

EDIT: But now that I think about it, I shy away from my FPS/hardcore "gaming is #1" friends. Not to say that people who play FPSes are all jerks, but based on the people around me, they certainly act more like ones.

Bolivar
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
You're going to find big babies wherever you go.

Especially on the internet.

Alot of gaming conversations can quickly devolve into all the things psi mentioned, but for some reason, in real life none of my conversations are like that. Even in the 16-bit era, we all at least had good games, and some that we wish we could get from the other side. Nowadays it's like gamers go a step further to discredit even the acclaimed exclusives on their competitors.

Alot of people need to learn how to chillax.

KentaRawr!
08-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh its always been like this. During the 16-bit days it was great fun backing one of the two systems (and you were a total rebel if you were supporting the Turbografx 16). Even if the term wasn't used back then, we were all fanboys but the difference was that a fanboy wasn't deemed to be the scum of the earth like it is now.

Now you have to support all systems to have a valid opinion and to be taken seriously. Its all turned to crap. Talking about games just isn't as fun as it used to be. People take so much offense over such a trivial thing as a video game.

Whats now deemed pathetic was once alright and I wish people could stop being so mature about these things and let things pass. I remember squabbling about video games and it was all in good nature, nobody would be offended and nobody would fall out. Now things have changed and I'm forced to be careful about what I say in case it upsets anyone and I end up in an argument.

WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE.

Now that I've been playing the Wii's VC a lot though, I really wonder why the Turbo-grafx16 was the rebel system here. It's so awesome.

Depression Moon
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
I agree that some people I see around the net act childishly, and some might claim that I am a so called Sony fanboy, but that's totally understated as I am a fan of games in general and have been playing consoles way before the PS1 and my current next gen console is the Wii. All I have is different opinions on certain things and I especially hate it when someone says I need to stop whining or whatever. I know that I'm not whining and I don't see how you could even tell on the internet and I just usual ignore those responses anyway. I think that the true hardcore gamers are the ones who are more respectfully mature.

Dreddz
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Now that I've been playing the Wii's VC a lot though, I really wonder why the Turbo-grafx16 was the rebel system here. It's so awesome.
The Turbo Grafx 16 is awesome but it never really was a contender like the Megadrive or SNES. It was an underdog and anyone who supported it was pretty odd to be honest.

KentaRawr!
08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
The Turbo Grafx 16 is awesome but it never really was a contender like the Megadrive or SNES. It was an underdog and anyone who supported it was pretty odd to be honest.

But Neutopia 2! The Space Shooters!

:(

Bobby Corwen
08-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Agreed, agreed.
I'll throw one particular instance that bother me greatly: as a female gamer that frequents a couple of female dominated gaming communities, I see much of:

"Boys think that because I'm a girl I play with a pink DS and I like cutesy games, well I'll tell ya: I'm a grrrl gamer I don't like cutesy stuff or pink stuff, boo Ds and boo RPGs and boo anything that might make me look feminine or like a female and I play only FPS and I PAWN YOU ALL, LITTLE BOYS, HECK YEAH H.A.L.O.-W.O.W.-R.E. I'M THE BEST AND TOUGHEST GAMER OUT THERE!".

Soo tired of that crap, who cares what you play or what your boyfriend du-jour thinks, I don't give a damn if you don't like Nintendogs, who gives a damn.
And I'm not saying that girls should stay in one mold, don't bite my neck for that, but, really, do we all need to know about all your grrrl power all the time?, I sure don't, do your own stuff and leave me alone to do my own stuff.

Nifleheim7
08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree with everything ReloadPsi said except the character thing.
People who choose Eddie in Tekken are NOOBS!:tongue:

(at least most of them)

Vivisteiner
08-14-2008, 12:05 PM
^Hey! :mad2:

I use Eddy a lot. He's my third favourite after Paul and Yoshimitsu. And he's cool.

DMKA
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM
It's the same way with other things, in particular, sports. Have you ever seen how retardedly childish sports fans act? I'd hardly say sports are specifically for children.

People are morons by nature. Video games did not make them that way.

ReloadPsi
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
It's the same way with other things, in particular, sports. Have you ever seen how retardedly childish sports fans act? I'd hardly say sports are specifically for children.

People are morons by nature. Video games did not make them that way.

I wanted to elaborate on the similarity of today's gamers and English football fans, but I didn't wanna throw people off on some kinda tangent.

Markus. D
08-14-2008, 02:52 PM
bah! stop the conflict and play some Touhou.

Momiji
08-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Oh god, I've created a monster. Why do I feel so oddly satisfied though?

Either way, I don't disagree! :D

Tavrobel
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I wanted to elaborate on the similarity of today's gamers and English football fans, but I didn't wanna throw people off on some kinda tangent.

If you want to, go nuts.

In before "omg ur fouytball sux ourz is teh real 1 lolloolooolool" response/concurrence. In prime childish fashion.

Madame Adequate
08-14-2008, 11:19 PM
What Dreddz and DMKA said. People have always been like this and gamers have always been like this. It's just that the thing which offers many more people an anonymous voice has broadly coincided with the generation that grew up with games.

Shadowdeathrose
08-15-2008, 12:08 AM
...it sure seems to make people act like them. I've seen quite a few threads today where an opinion on gaming suddenly has people squabbling like schoolchildren. Hell, I've even been guilty of it once or twice, but this is ridiculous. Things I'm sick of:

"*game* sucks!"
These days, when a game is good, you can generally make yourself look cool and unusual by saying that it is, in fact, bad. Usually with no adequate backing.

"I have a PS3. This means that if you have a 360 or a Wii, I think you're a moron."
Come on assholes, I grew out of this when I was 11, owned a SNES and got lent a Mega Drive by someone who was going on holiday. My "only like one console" bias that my Nintendo magazines had been trying to indoctrinate me with was eternally extinguished that day, because I opened my mind and tried something else. Pricks. The reaction to FFXIII being announced on the 360 was enough proof that the current gaming community needs to grow up.

Actually people who suck so badly at the game that they don't know how to beat a player using character/weapon/pink sex toy are n00bs. If you're so damn good at the game...

No it's not. I like a lot of older games and do like to rub it in on my friends who can't draw a NES controller that I'm more oldschool than them, but that's in jest. I don't think it makes me better than them.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: today's gaming community pisses me off. They're worse than some soccer fans, you know, the ones who fight and riot over difference of opinion (teams supported basically).

I agree with EVERYTHNG you said. but im afraid that it's not your "job" to change these ppl. it's time they figured it out them selves. i mean everyone does it at sometime. even you! - we all do it but not on the scale of some ppl these days, to alot "nothing is right" but thats just them, everyone says things. just get over it. You stick to the way you act and let them figure it out for themselves. If they don't, Hey! smurf em. it aint worth it

ljkkjlcm9
08-15-2008, 03:14 AM
seriously, this is why I hate PvP online games. Everyone wants every game to have it nowadays, and I have no desire for it. It completely sucks the fun out of it for me when people play so competitively. That's why I enjoy playing with friends, where it's just about having fun, not who wins or loses. Where we will both be cheap and laugh about it because we don't care.

But now, everyone wants every game to have online. Like when people were so excited for Brawl being online, I just wanted more characters and stages. I never cared much for the online.

THE JACKEL

Lawr
08-15-2008, 07:12 AM
seriously, this is why I hate PvP online games. Everyone wants every game to have it nowadays, and I have no desire for it. It completely sucks the fun out of it for me when people play so competitively. That's why I enjoy playing with friends, where it's just about having fun, not who wins or loses. Where we will both be cheap and laugh about it because we don't care.

But now, everyone wants every game to have online. Like when people were so excited for Brawl being online, I just wanted more characters and stages. I never cared much for the online.

THE JACKAL

Eh, I'm kind of different. I'm pretty competitive but I don't let it go to my head and I also don't trash talk until someone else does. I can acknowledge when someone is better than me and I just ignore those little 12 year olds with the high pitched voices.

:monster: Personally, the more PvP the better!

I agree with everything ReloadPsi said except the character thing.
People who choose BAROCK OR BROLY are N333WWWBS!!!!!!

(at least most of them)

Fonzie
08-15-2008, 07:50 AM
The only reason I don't play a lot of online games is because every 11 year-old is yelling N***** or fuck every four seconds.

And what makes it worse ismy brother does the same thing while I face plain( :| ) him the entire time.

It's just stupid.

Markus. D
08-15-2008, 11:23 AM

Oh god, I've created a monster. Why do I feel so oddly satisfied though?

Either way, I don't disagree! :D

xD

Madame Adequate
08-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Honestly, I hear this talk about 12 year olds should profanities all the time, and I just don't get it. Yeah, sometimes you come across someone with a foul mouth, but I've found them pretty rare.

ShunNakamura
08-15-2008, 02:05 PM
Shuun! SHUUUUUUUN!" ... SHUN! SHUUUUUUN!"

Yes? Did you call?

Err.. Anyways, for the most part this doesn't get on my nerves. I like arguing about games. After all I might learn something if my opponent actually knows something about his/her game.

Consoles though are kinda annoying to bring up. I mean people seem far more reasonable to not take flak if you dislike a game they like than if you dislike their console. The very fact that I dislike the Wii, gets me hammered left and right.

bipper
08-15-2008, 02:07 PM
*Excitement grants a high and makes people act slightly more than stupid.
*Acting on emotion often leads to illogical occurrence.
*Getting your ass kicked leads to a introverted withdraw from activities.
*People think things through in their withdrawn state, and apply whatever logic they have.

I really think it is as simple as that. People get excited and they run with it. The excitement of competition alone is enough to drive people into an emotional stage of... dare I say it... fun.

I get more sick of psudo-intellectuals thinking that they set some standard by there actions, and display a holier-than-though face to anyone else. There is a time to think, and a time to cut loose. Unfortunately, people are at different stages at different times. It just takes a certain perception to understand when people are on their emotional highs, or wearing their thinking caps.

It's a fricken video game. Enjoy a little ribbing, and play along, eh.

*I would also like to point out that some gamers are actuall 13 year olds. Then you have a layer of people who are Relational, and tend to deal with people in a way that relates to them. This makes this type of person very influential in life, but they may come off just as 'immature' online. :/

I guess those demanding respect, should first gain a capacity to respect the unrespected; cause in their own way, I am sure they are respectable.

Lawr
08-15-2008, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I hear this talk about 12 year olds should profanities all the time, and I just don't get it. Yeah, sometimes you come across someone with a foul mouth, but I've found them pretty rare.

I've heard adults ( or at least people that sound older than me ) use a lot of profanity too, but it's at night when most people I'm playing with are from a different timezone.

Shadowdeathrose
08-15-2008, 10:46 PM

Yes? Did you call?

Err.. Anyways, for the most part this doesn't get on my nerves. I like arguing about games. After all I might learn something if my opponent actually knows something about his/her game.

Consoles though are kinda annoying to bring up. I mean people seem far more reasonable to not take flak if you dislike a game they like than if you dislike their console. The very fact that I dislike the Wii, gets me hammered left and right.

Hey someone with sence....

Momiji
08-15-2008, 11:16 PM

Yes? Did you call?

I personally don't see why people get so bent out of shape about other peoples' opinions. I personally love the Wii, but I don't care that you dislike it, that's fine with me. What upsets me is when someone goes overboard with what they like to the point where they have to bash everything else. Yes, I know that the PS3 has better graphical capabilities. Yes, I know the Xbox 360 has a bigger hard drive. I really don't give a rat's ass. :p

ReloadPsi
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree with EVERYTHNG you said. but im afraid that it's not your "job" to change these ppl. it's time they figured it out them selves. i mean everyone does it at sometime. even you! - we all do it but not on the scale of some ppl these days, to alot "nothing is right" but thats just them, everyone says things. just get over it. You stick to the way you act and let them figure it out for themselves. If they don't, Hey! smurf em. it aint worth it

Well yeah. That's why I chose to disassociate myself from them. That said, if any of my close friends behave this way, I will adequately verbally abuse them until they learn not to do it in front of me.

Shadowdeathrose
08-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Well yeah. That's why I chose to disassociate myself from them. That said, if any of my close friends behave this way, I will adequately verbally abuse them until they learn not to do it in front of me.

Good on you bud! :D

Vyk
08-21-2008, 05:01 AM

I wish I could agree. I don't do a lot of online gaming because of the reasons stated so far. But my nephew uses my Live account on my 360. And I have to hear the people he plays against. On a wide range of games. I only ever hear the same two voices. The high pitched whine of a twelve year old. Or the lower spaced out drowl of a druggy sounding dude. Like ten of them. In one game. Like there's millions of these 2 people cloned all over the internet. Its kinda creepy. Any random person on XBox live is apparently a bratty 12 year old, or some drugged out hippy. They both get whiney. The profanities are kinda rare fortunately. But the whole thing got old really fast. which is why I stick to playing Live with people I know. And I have -yet- to hear a girl's voice come across the speakers. So all the cool and/or female people who play live apparently don't (usually) use headsets. Though this is a lot of generalization from personal experience, its just really weird and annoying...

Yar
08-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Meh. Xbox Live is too much like this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7153152098207965240) for me. I avoid it because of it's immature 12 year-olds. They may be few, but they're there. It's why I hate children and it's why I avoid them, both on Xbox and IRL. :p

Vermachtnis
08-21-2008, 05:54 AM
So glad this topic is dead. Just earlier today, or guess yesterday at the point, on the Trade channel in WoW there was an arguement about Cuss vs. Curse. Some kid was yelling at someone because they said Curse instead of Cuss. And of course it was made worse by the other players saying Cuss over and over again. And I mean literally a couple of players said, "Cuss repeatidly!" Trade chat is an amusing diversion between loses at Alterac Valley.

Goldenboko
08-21-2008, 07:04 PM
When it comes down to it though, one guy getting 16 kills with a shotgun in Halo is pretty annoying.

Roto13
08-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Go to any game news blog and lose even more faith. Well, not ANY game news blog. Stick to Kotaku and Joystiq, though there are other stupid ones, too.

For example, last week, Joystiq was posting a lot of Braid related articles. This caused people to act like they were forced to read them and they started freaking out with "o mai gawd im so sick of braed stop poasting cuz i has 2 reed ttehm al 4 sum reezon" and, better yet, "OSHI IM NEVR GUN BAI THIS GAEM CUZ U TALK ABOUT IT 2 MUCH" like that somehow has any effect on the quality of the game. Jesus. I'm not interested in anything to do with Call of Duty, so whenever someone writes about it, I just don't read it because, unlike a lot of the internet, I don't read articles that don't interest me so I can complain about them later.

Then there's the self-described "hardcore" gamers who burst into tears whenever Nintendo does anything with the Wii that isn't aimed at them, and retaliate with some of the most retarded crap I've ever seen. Yesterday, news broke that the Wii version of Guitar Hero IV was going to give you the option to use your Miis and to use the Wiimote as an air guitar or air drum set. The OPTION. Apparently, in the idiotic land of Kotaku commenters, this somehow means the Wii version sucks. Nevermind the fact that these are just extra features and the entirety of the PS360 version is going to be on the Wii (including DLC) minus the better graphics, and nevermind that these extra features are completely optional. Apparently the inclusion of more content is just the worst thing ever in idiot land. It's like Bizarro World. Logic has no place there.

"*game* sucks!"

Sometimes people honestly think a game sucks, even if it is popular and everyone likes it. The problem is that a lot of people have never actually played a game and just really want it to suck for some reason, usually because of:

Alright, of course people are going to want the console they invested in to do well. This makes perfect sense. The better your console performs, the more games it gets, and who doesn't want more games? When people start 'cheering' for a console the way they would cheer for a sports team, that's when it crosses the line between sensible and not. Only playing one console is a big mistake for any gamer, especially in this current generation with the big difference between the Wii and the PS3/Xbox 360. Last generation, while every console had it's share of exclusives, there were a lot of games that hit all three so while owning multiple consoles was still preferable, you could get away with only owning one without missing out on entire genres. This generation, though, there's the PS3 and 360 that big give amazing powerhouse performances that really add to the game, and you also have the Wii which is much less poweful, but also insanely different. You're not going to see anything like that PS3 MMOFPS (I forget what it's called) on the Wii, and you're never going to see games like Boom Blox on the PS360 (unless there's truth to those motion controller rumours, but even then, you can expect more Boom Blox-esque Wii games since the concept is so deeply tied to the Wii) so to pick one console and stick with it forever is to really limit yourself from a lot of great games and innovations, no matter what console it is.

Well, sometimes this is true. :P There are some characters and some weapons in some games that are completely broken and pretty much anyone who uses them is guaranteed to win. That's more of a problem with game design, though. And there are definitely a bunch of whiny bitches out there who like to scream "OMG CHEAP" whenever they're ringed out in Soul Calibur. That's a valid technique, people. Learn to deal with it. Complaining that you got knocked out of the ring is like complaining that you didn't block and took a hit.

This is so dumb. There's a lot of fun to be had with old games, but have you ever wondered why the original Mega Man games are now sold as either $5 VC games or in large collections? It's because they're NOT WORTH $50 or $60. It's because they're short and simple. Games have evolved from back then, and while Mega Man 2 is still a lot of fun, it feels like a very small part of a much larger game by comparison. Mega Man 9 is going to be $10. Do you know why? Because it's really short and really simple and really cheap to make. If it had been released like 18 years ago, though, it'd be one of the biggest releases for the NES, and it would be priced as a standard game.

Games have improved because the techniques involved in making them have improved. This isn't to say that old games suck, or that there's no reason to play them and you can't possibly have any fun with them, but our standards are higher now. A lot of the fun of old games comes from nostalgia.

Croyles
08-22-2008, 12:21 AM
I dont care what you think about FFXIII situation, fact is, more games going multiplatform has consequences on the games.

I mostly agree with your points though.

Meh. Xbox Live is too much like this (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7153152098207965240) for me. I avoid it because of it's immature 12 year-olds. They may be few, but they're there. It's why I hate children and it's why I avoid them, both on Xbox and IRL. :p

OMG thats awful! I can guarantee you I was never like that lol.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2008, 06:40 AM
For the most part I agree with Reload, Milf and Roto. .

"*game* sucks!" We all have opinions and generally I don't mind these kind of statements when they can be backed up. I understand some people just don't like certain types of play styles. If the logic is there, I tend to back off and respect they hold a different opinion.

"I have a PS3. This means that if you have a 360 or a Wii, I think you're a moron." I never really understood this logic. I follow the games, not the hardware they are on. Personally, all three current companies are smurfed in the head. I bought a Wii cause I saw possibility in it for a different type of gaming experience not because I love Nintendo. I buy a system for the games, not the brand name or some warped sense of loyalty.

"People who use *character/weapon/pink sex toy* are n00bs" Okay, I've been guilty of this statement but it was a long time ago and it only concerned FFVII cause I kept being hounded by middle schoolers talking about how awesome unbeatable their party was cause they use KotR. Beyond that, I rarely say it these days in serious conversation. In fighting games, I usually just show them up if they are talking smack cause they use noob friendly characters or just plain button mash. If I lose, I accept my loss cause sometimes they do actually have skill.

"This game is better because it's old" This is just silly, I do love old games and sometimes I do feel older games are more fun than their contemporaries but I feel its silly to say a game is good only because its older. Pong is good, but its because its still fun, not because its ancient. I like the older FFs cause they appeal to me more than the modern ones, not because they just "made them better back then". I adore FFXII and its nothing like the older titles, its just a really good game. If a game is good, I credit what it deserves.

arcanedude34
08-25-2008, 05:50 PM

Blah blah blah...

The reaction to FFXIII being announced on the 360 was enough proof that the current gaming community needs to grow up.

Blah blah blah...

QFT

Vyk
08-25-2008, 06:07 PM
I do miss the SNES vs Genesis (Mega Drive) days. People talked some -serious- http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif back then. Both companies constantly attacked each other (though SEGA admittedly got a little dirtier about it). But nobody ever got offended or even lost their stride at all. So no matter what anyone thought it always seemed in good fun

I remember an old issue of a magazine I used to read talking about an E3 that went on during that time where the rivalry was thick there. And the fans kept pranking each other to the point that at the end there was a deflated mascot at the bottom of the pool. I can't even remember if it was Sonic or Mario. Because no matter who it was, it was funny. I was a SEGA fan, but even if it was Sonic I would have found it amusing because I know my fellow fans would have done the same thing (or maybe did do it). And at the time I respected it, because it was all just cheeky (and admittedly adolescent) shinannigans(sp?)