PDA

View Full Version : Bees don't like it when you hit them with lawn mowers.

Vermachtnis
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
~Ow~ My arm hurts. So yea I was mowing and then I went over something and now I'm inside hiding from a bunch a angry bees. Also I was stung twice in the same arm. It's my mouse arm too :( This is exactally why I keep telling people to not go outside!

Flying Mullet
08-13-2008, 09:01 PM
A word of advice for the future to help you avoid this fate:

Bees don't like it when you hit them with lawn mowers.

Blue Harvest
08-13-2008, 09:04 PM
I've never hit a bee with a lawn mower before. I rammed it into a tree with a wasps nest before though. I legged it, but they didn't come after me fortunately.

Breine
08-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Bee stings hurt quite a bit, especially if you get stung by mulitple bees at the same time.

I once stepped on two bees with my bare foot. Ouch, that hurt!

rubah
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
you guys are heinous; you know bees die after they sting right?! YOU'RE CAUSING THE WORLD HONEY BEE DISAPPEARANCE BY MAKING THEM STING YOU.

Flying Mullet
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
After reading this I have to sit flat-footed. Otherwise I feel like something's going to fly/crawl up and sting the bottom of my feet. My feet-bottoms feel so delicate now... xD

Peegee
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
After reading this I have to sit flat-footed. Otherwise I feel like something's going to fly/crawl up and sting the bottom of my feet. My feet-bottoms feel so delicate now... xD

I stepped on a Bumblebee once. The entire planet heard me yelling in pain for like 20 minutes.

Zeldy
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I once sat on a bee on a roller-coaster :mad2: I'M NOT EVEN JOKING. I was like 7 on a school trip to Camelot theme park and I was on whirlwind which is very bumpy so I re-sat on it many times!

Blue Harvest
08-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I've only ever been stung once. I was sitting in a field minding my own business and one landed on my ankle and stung me. Fortunately my teacher had a first aid kit handy.

Flying Mullet
08-13-2008, 09:30 PM
you guys are heinous; you know bees die after they sting right?! YOU'RE CAUSING THE WORLD HONEY BEE DISAPPEARANCE BY MAKING THEM STING YOU.
Or maybe these bees should attend anger management classes.

Breine
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM

I stepped on a Bumblebee once. The entire planet heard me yelling in pain for like 20 minutes.

Yeah, it hurts... A LOT!

..also, sorry for making you all paranoid, Mullet xD

Rantz
08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
My father used to be a small-time apiarist so yeah I've had my fair share of stings. When I was half my current size, I asked dad to let me come look while he checked on one of the hives. He said to me "Yeah, but don't just come here and leave immediately again, that provokes the bees". So naturally I went there and very quickly realized that I didn't want to be there anymore, and backed away. I was stung in the forehead.

Yar
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
My cousin and I were in a woods throwing rocks at a hornets' nest across a creek.

I think we were lucky that one hornet flew near us. Who knows what would've happened if we'd knocked the nest down. We did break a large chunk from it though.

We tripped over each other when we started to flee. xD

Shlup
08-13-2008, 10:22 PM
I snorgle bees. Never been stung.

Also notable: Ants apparently don't mind being sucked up a vacuum hose.

Ouch!
08-13-2008, 10:26 PM
A bee stung me in the back of the throat. Flew right into my mouth and didn't like it in there. I managed to spit the jerk out, but getting the stinger dislodged resulted in a lot of awfully disgusting retching noises.

ReloadPsi
08-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Bees ignore you if you hold perfectly still for a moment.

Well they do in my experience :p

Momiji
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Heh, this reminds me of a couple of weeks ago: I was mowing the lawn, and a wasp flew up my pantleg, and stung me four times. I don't know what would have happened had I not made it into the house screaming obscenities I didn't even know I knew, taking my pants off as fast as I could (no one was home but me) and started looking for what was making my leg hurt so bad (I didn't know what was going on at the time). A few moments later, I heard buzzing on the window, and there the little fucker was. I tried smashing it, but it was incredibly hard for a wasp. I ended up making it so he couldn't fly by hurting its wings, I grabbed it with a pair of tweezers and lit the little bastard on fire. :D

It stung me once on the ankle, twice on my knee, and once on my thigh. I don't want to know where it would have gone had I not gotten out of those pants sooner. >_<

scrumpleberry
08-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Never been stung.

*touches wood after hearing horror stories*

Bees are cute and okay, but wasps, uuurgh I hate the little buggers. If it's a very big one, I'll open the windows and shut it in the room and stay out of there for about an hour >.< rinse and repeat until it goes awaaaaaay

I can spend hours trying to kill mosquitoes if I hear one in my room. (I know, they don't sting, but...) Hate them!

Lawr
08-13-2008, 11:57 PM
When I was 8 I me and my neighbors were boating in the lake that's right next to us and I got stung in the ankle by a wasp. I haven't been stung since and my friends get like freaking seizures when they see a bee or a wasp. It kills me not to laugh at the top of my lungs watching them jump around like apes. I just stand there and nothing happens.

Marshall Banana
08-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Bees do cute things all day, and they decorate cute clothes and stationery. http://www.JEREMYTIME/mondatime/kaocoron.gif

o_O
08-14-2008, 12:30 AM
One time I was throwing rocks about in my back yard when I saw a wasps' nest on the fence. Naturally, I threw some rocks at it to try and knock it down, but instead I got attacked by a swarm of wasps. I got stung on my face a couple of times on my lips and a couple of times inside my mouth. :(

Wasps don't taste very nice, but it was ok 'cause mum gave me an iceblock afterwards. :p

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Did you know ants won't cross cinnamon?

Like, make a circle of cinnamon around some ants if they get in your house, it's fun to watch.

Hambone
08-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Mowing sucks in general.

Lawr
08-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Did you know ants won't cross cinnamon?

Like, make a circle of cinnamon around some ants if they get in your house, it's fun to watch.

They do the same thing with salt.

ReloadPsi
08-14-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm very sensitive to birds (What!?)
I'm very sensitive to trees (Them falling on you?)
I'm very sensitive to all these things
But I'm especially sensitive to bees

Shlup
08-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Bees ignore you if you hold perfectly still for a moment.

Not if you already smacked them with a lawnmower.

Rye
08-14-2008, 03:02 AM
I've never been stung by a bee before, but I've come close, and I have weird little nightmares about it!

Bobby Corwen
08-14-2008, 03:12 AM
They don't like it when you break their beehive, either.
Many years ago, people from the electric company accidentally dropped off a beehive that was on an electric post nearby my home.
The bees sent two workers to the intensive care wing and sieged the people of four blocks for two days, including our local police station.
I tried to get off the house on the second day and within steps I got stung five times.
Although it was fun to sing doom music when seeing unknowing people walk by on the street and immediately take off screaming, this experience has left me deadly scared of bees and wasps.

Yar
08-14-2008, 03:34 AM
How large was the nest?

Did they have to fog the neighborhood? Was the electric company responsible legally?

Bobby Corwen
08-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Well, this is South America we are talking about, so, no, the company didn't do anything about it, the police is who managed to get people to come get the bees and we the neighbours paid for the bill.
Yes, they were fogged late, at nightfall of the second day, the beehive had broken up into several smaller groups and they had taken residence in several points on those blocks, one of those points was actually under a shrub right in front of my bedroom window (you can't imagine the racket the bees made the first night) and they were kept alive when possible and taken somewhere else.

Oh, and I don't know how large the beehive was, I don't even know where it was exactly, must have been in one of the inside streets.

Yar
08-14-2008, 03:49 AM
One thing about bees that bothers me is that people brought Africanized bees to South America, rather than taking the calm South American bees to Africa.

Now we have to worry about bees getting Africanized and murdering people.

Cyric
08-14-2008, 06:58 AM
I had the same thing happen to me last summer. Only they weren't bees, they were hornets. :) I went over a nest of them, I felt 1 sting and didn't think much of it, but then all of it's buddies showed up and started using my legs as pin-cushions. Needless to say, I finished cutting the grass the next day. LOL

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Did anyone else read "Beers don't like it when you hit them with lawn mowers"? I got really excited. :(

I've been stung on the eyelid by a wasp before. That was fun.

Hambone
08-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Did anyone else read "Beers don't like it when you hit them with lawn mowers"? I got really excited. :(

I've been stung on the eyelid by a wasp before. That was fun.
lol, were you just motionless?

Vikeve
08-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I thought it said bears not bees and I was like wtf were you doing but now it's all good.

When I was younger there was this bee hive by this hill at this park and my friends would make them angry and then we would run right through them and charge down the hill with several bees chasing us! It looked really cool when you watched your friends do it cuz it was just like in the cartoons except none of us ever got stung. I never did I think sarah did once which was really lucky for us.

Rengori
08-15-2008, 01:21 AM
A word of advice to Vermachtnis; Bees are like elephants, they never forget.

You better hope they don't find a vent to get into. :p

mooglebunni608
08-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Supposedly controlled bee stings are good for muscle pain. And we have beehives, so my dad and a few of his friends decided to do it to themselves. And I did it once or twice. It's a lot less painfull when you expect it, but I don't know if it really helped my muscles. :/

Misfit
08-15-2008, 04:31 AM
Also notable: Ants apparently don't mind being sucked up a vacuum hose.
I lol'd~ :smash:

Iceglow
08-16-2008, 10:45 PM
If you stay motionless is crap sorry, but it is the fact that your pulse creates a vibration they can sense means they're never going to lose interest I find moving as fast as possible away from the bee to be a good idea! Also bee venom will turn in to a gas when exposed to oxygen which will attract more bees and rile them up in to a stinging frenzy. This is why you should attempt to remove bees from your home rather than swatting them because apparently they can sense this stuff from pretty far away. Also even normal honey bee stings are lethal in high enough quantities. Personally I'm a classic example of human nature, we're naturally afraid of insects and spiders and well I am a little afraid I certainly don't like being around them.