PDA

View Full Version : After 8 hours of waiting, 3 interviews and 4 consective exams...

Randgris
08-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I finally landed a job. OMG. I did it! It was like the coolest thing that ever happened to me. I can't believe I got a job at a call center. Although I'm not sure if I would be handling calls, cause I was endorsed at 'Web' I'm not sure what that is but, at least I made it. I thought I wouldn't. My final interviewer said that He wanted to hire ne cause he sees something in me, but at the same time, he doesn't want to because something is lacking in me. He then asked me this weird question that I had to answer in 2 minutes, "How would you, brush your teeth, while whislting?" I didn't know the answer so I just said "I don't know, I can't answer your question" He then said I was hired, please wait in the lobby.

Now I just have to wait for them to give me a call/text/e-mail and I'll be able to work. Of course I would still be in training but what the heck. I got hired... :love::love::love:

Topic: Getting a job can be difficult. Discuss.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2008, 08:45 AM
:kaocheer: YAAAAY :kaocheer:

Shlup
08-14-2008, 09:16 AM
This isn't your LiveJournal. Knock it off.

[/mean]

I mean congratulations!

This thread is now about how difficult it can be to get a job.

Quindiana Jones
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I got my job after one interview which consisted of "You're definitely getting the job, but I have to interview the other two guys anyway." I didn't even hand in a CV.

See? Having connections works. :D

Captain Maxx Power
08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Jobs are the most hellish, soul-destroying things in the world. Once the vast majority of us realise that we have to spend our time doing monotonous, boring, mind-melting tasks for the sake of keeping ourselves alive it's a wonder more of us don't just kill ourselves there and then. If there's anything I never want to end up doing it's a job which I don't like. I've seen way too many of my friends back home fall into the same trap and I consider my own ambitions too grand to leave by the wayside for the sake of maintaining finances.

All that said I hope it all goes well.

Rye
08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
My first job was hard to get, because I was only 16 and had no connections. My second job at Gamestop, I got in a week after I quit my old one, so it was quite easy. My current job is the first office job I interviewed for, and probably the best I'd have gotten.

Next summer, I'm aiming for another office job, because I want to be paid significantly more ($20/hr). However, if I can't do that, I'll settle for a raise to $15/hr at my current place, which I basically know I can get, especially if I work full time. Movin' up and all.

Breine
08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
To be honest I've never really had any significant problems with getting a job. I guess I've just been really lucky that way?

Btw, congrats on getting the job! :)

rubah
08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Yay :) I'm glad your persistance paid off!

Randgris
08-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah thanks. Though I'm not yet officially an employee, getting a handshake means something.

I so happy!

Oh yeah. In the midst of my merrymaking, it seems I've forgotten to indicate what the topic of this thread was. :eep:

I went there like 8AM, I got hired around 4. I skipped breakfast, my lunch was a sandwich and a bottle of C2, I only had 5 hours of sleep, *continuous rambling about how hard it was...*

Do you think luck had anything to do with getting a job?

I mean my resume is not the most impressive (one applicant was 41 years old, she was a teacher, she had job experience, she was very fluent in English) but I was the one that got hired.

Did you, by any chance, asked how much your salary would be like?

One of my interviewers asked me how much I would like to be my salary, I said it would be rude of me if I asked. She insisted so I replied, the minimum would be OK. Geez I'm still rambling. Anyways I'm still waiting for the contract signing (I'm getting annoying :rolleyes2). Anyways thanks!!!

Sarc the Swordsman
08-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Congratulations! It's incredibly hard to land a job nowadays, so hopefully it works out well for you.

...and that really was a weird question to be asked! I wonder why they'd bother asking something like that?

rubah
08-16-2008, 07:04 PM
I think they were seeing how he'd respond to a question he had no clue about the answer for :)