PDA

View Full Version : I can has the bestest roomate evar?

Peegee
08-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Apparently yes! But seriously, I knew this for months (shut up Ashley stop saying Awwww over there!)

So yesterday, on one of my daily trips to Ashley's place of employment (Splash Canyon, a tiny water park just outside of town), Ashley decides to treat me to beer. I don't say no to free booze so of course I say yes.

Ended up meeting a couple of friends and Ashley had the devious idea of going to a dance club. So we're just messing around and having fun, when they announced a dance off. So I play it silly and go 'okay people, I'm going. Bye!' and start to leave the dance floor. I'm persuaded to go back by Ashley and we're just playing around and having a great time. I hoist her into the air and she and I are swinging and twisting around. I don't even remember that there's a dance competition -- to me it was just the two of us having a great time.

Well apparently the dance competition had started the moment they said 'dance off', because suddenly we're stopped and handed a t-shirt and stickers. We had won! What? Um...yay?

Personally this is the first dance competition I've won where I had a partner (and the first competition I've been in where I had a partner. 1 for 1 baby!). Ashley, you're the greatest!

Oh yeah, topic. asl?

I mean, competitions you've won. Me: karate

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Did it look anything like this:
http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~ifjkl/pics/dance01.jpg

As for competitions, when I was a kid I won the local Pinewood Derby contest in Cub Scouts and took fourth at regionals! (Yeah, I didn't know they had regionals for Pinewood Derbies either. xD)

Araciel
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Nothing.

Ever.

scrumpleberry
08-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Eh, nothing interesting. Mainly drama stuff, because everyone else sounded like they'd hopped straight out of stagecoach. A couple of art things, I think. A few maths things.

That must have been brilliant! What were your t-shirts like?

Shoeberto
08-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I got first place in regionals for Business Professionals of America in... something computery, f'd if I remember. I went to state, which was in this swanky hotel/convention center in Columbus, and failed epically (I didn't bother studying, I didn't really care). Didn't even place. But I did get to eat some fantastic Italian food. Mmm mmm mmm.

rubah
08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
nerdy stuff; math, quiz bowl, all region, spelling, dolling

Rye
08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
I've gotten awards for singing and art, but I've never been in a competition. I really cba with those.

EDIT: Acshually, I did win a competition once was I was younger, I got my poetry published in a book! =OOO

scrumpleberry
08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
EDIT: Acshually, I did win a competition once was I was younger, I got my poetry published in a book! =OOO

Oh I remember those! We did loads of those in junior school!

i've still got the books it's hilariously embarrassing xD

Balzac
08-14-2008, 07:43 PM
I win at life.

bipper
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.seatwave.com/FileStore/SEASON/IMAGE/dirty-dancing_000077_1_MainPicture.jpg

is that some azn patrick swayze!?

ME? I am no winner.

Værn
08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
I was the best and fastest in my CAD class. I was chosen from the class's juniors to compete in the regional SkillsUSA competition, but I didn't want to go. We sent Jeff instead. Would've been awesome if I'd've gone, though, because the class's other Nick was chosen from the seniors to go... Nicks are awesome!

Also, I was the fastest in my math class. It wasn't really a competition, but I turned it into one.

Also, I won Spirit Week after returning to my home school from FCCC. Yay =^_^=

Also, I always win at being awesome in general. The only person that stands any chance at beating me in such a thing is Chuck Norris.

Chemical
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
1st Grade Reading Award
2nd Grade Writing Contest
3rd Grade Speed Multiplication Contest
4th Grade Bell Art Award
Softball Division Championships
Miss Rio Yucatan Contest
Graduating Non-Traditional Art Award
Fitzy's Dance Off

Breine
08-15-2008, 10:48 AM
Me and my team won a silver medal in a Handball tournament way back when.

Hmm, I can't really think of anything else...

Oh oh oh! I once won a Twister competition in a dance club xD Limber times were had.

Other than that I'm sure I've won all sorts of other unimportant stuff, I just don't remember.

Tallulah
08-15-2008, 12:11 PM
I won a litter poster competition when I was like eight. My poster design got made up and put around the school.

I'm always getting Recognition awards at work. My last one was for being the top user of the information website. I had nothing better to do.

Iceglow
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I won 2 tickets to Download 2004 festival from Kerrang Radio because I knew who the drummer in Linkin Park was :) I then saw many many bands live for free :D

I also won some speed painting competitions for Warhammer models and a fair few major campaigns of 40k (note I was a geeky child)

Jessweeee♪
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Participation! I'm good at standing around and doing something while really doing nothing at the same time.

Peegee
08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Participation! I'm good at standing around and doing something while really doing nothing at the same time.

Reminds me when I was part of the world record for most simultaneous people blowing bubbles.

Miriel
08-17-2008, 07:08 AM
I've won 1st place at art competitions (very small ones though), cheer and dance competitions (local, state, regional, nationals), and also did fairly well at regional competitions for band as part of the dance unit.

Cheer competitions are probably the more exhilarating. And dance competitions are more friendly and interesting. Competing is probably one of the things I miss most about high school. Loved everything from helping each other do our makeup, to the excitement just before your music starts and earning those enormous trophies. If I had started younger, or been more determined, I probably could have kept competing at the college level. That's one of my big regrets.

Psychotic
08-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I won a sandcastle making competition when I was about 8.

Yamaneko
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
The first competition I ever won was an paper airplane contest in 1st grade. My plane went the farthest. I still have the ribbon.

I also have a ton of football (soccer) and basketball trophies ranging from 4th to 1st place. Then there are various academic acknowledgments in writing.