PDA

View Full Version : Make up

Rye
08-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Are you good at applying make up, do you enjoy it? Do you wear it often? What are your favorite brands?

I like maybelline liquid cover-up and eyeliner. Eyeshadow, I'm not picky with, though maybelline has some nice eyeshadow too. Not really a lipgloss girl, since I have an oral fixation and always need to be chewing or biting something (gum or fingernails D=), so it always wears off, but I like the lipgloss fruit spritzers that Rihanna endorses.

The way I apply eyeliner is pretty unique, I think. I do top and bottom eyelids, but in a way that's hard to explain. I wish I was better at applying eyeshadow, but I'm ace at color mixing. :flounder:

If you're a guy, do you enjoy wearing make up? It's so cute. :jess:

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 07:28 PM
I've had makeup put on about half a dozen times in my life and I've never enjoyed it. I like my skin being clear and uncovered and whenever I have it on I look forward to being able to wash it off.

Plus, the smell. There's something about the smell of makeup that turns my stomach.

Rye
08-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I've had makeup put on about half a dozen times in my life and I've never enjoyed it. I like my skin being clear and uncovered and whenever I have it on I look forward to being able to wash it off.

Plus, the smell. There's something about the smell of makeup that turns my stomach.

I've never smelt anything weird about make up until I got a new type of cover up. It was on the cheap end, only about 5 dollars, covergirl. It smelt like ammonia. I had to throw it away, it was awful. :x

scrumpleberry
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I don't feel secure going out without makeup on. My skin's no longer spotty + horrible (thank god) but it just makes me look so much better. Also, makeups fun. I think I've gotten good at makeup simply through practise. Really though, I know people who have gone to have their makeup done "professionally" by people at Bobbi Brown (which isn't the best quality to be fair, although I love their brushes) and they look pretty awful, and I think "I could have done a much better job on you than that."

I tend to focus more on the eyes than the mouth. It jsut doesn't wear off as quickly. I do focus on the lips sometimes, but I just find the eyes more fun.

All my makeup always smells fine. Were you using cheap stuff, Mulley?

Rye
08-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I totally agree with you, scrumply, on the professional stuff. When I got it professionally done for prom, my make up was way over the top. The eyeshadow was way too dark for my pale skin, and the cover up didn't really do much. The lipgloss they put on was also much too dark for my skin. I think given the supplies she used, I could have done a better job. xD

Marshall Banana
08-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't like the smell of makeup either. I'm not good at applying it; I don't own any; and powders make me itchy and red.

I think that blush is pretty on girls, though, when it's not overused.

I want yummy strawberry lip gloss. :ichigo:

Rye
08-14-2008, 08:29 PM
I don't like the smell of makeup either. I'm not good at applying it; I don't own any; and powders make me itchy and red.

I think that blush is pretty on girls, though, when it's not overused.

I want yummy strawberry lip gloss. :ichigo:

I think my lip gloss is strawberry, Monda. If you kiss me, you can taste it~~~ :kaoclove: :ichigo:

Marshall Banana
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.JEREMYTIME/mondatime/peachkiss.gif

louby_4eva
08-14-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't wear make up normally. I'll wear it on a night out so like 4 times a year :P but I NEVER wear foundation or anything that covers my face completely. I'll wear eye liner, mascara and perhaps some eye shadow but that's it. To be honest, I don't really know how to wear make up, i never have done and I think I would look weird if I wore it on a regular basis. If I could do it well though I probbaly would :D :D :D

Smile and Be happy :love:

Værn
08-14-2008, 08:48 PM
One of the themes was "career day." May dad works for the Ohio Gas Company, so he used to spend a lot of time digging around in the ground working on the gas lines (he has a more office-y job there now). I dug up one of his old jumpsuits and used some of Rammstein's "secret stage makeup" to make it look like I was covered with dirt, and I loved every minute of it =D

TdK: what is that brown stuff that u have all over you on concerts.
Flake: That'S a secret that will be revealed now!
Flake: We smear instant coffee all over ourselves.
Flake: No makeup holds as long.
Flake: And no makeup smells as good.

Does that count?

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh, I do "wear" Carmex regularly, if that counts.

Jessweeee♪
08-14-2008, 09:25 PM
I don't wear make up ever. I'm just too lazy to bother with it every day, and it seems like something I should use almost always or almost never :P

bipper
08-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Make up bugs me. I like think "flaws" and natural colors are more to my tastes.

To play along, I am ace at doing my own halloween make up, or other peoples. I am a bit slow, but I do enjoy myself doing it. Hope that counts. :/

Flying Mullet
08-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I am a bit slow
I just wanted to quote that out of context because it makes me chuckle. :D

Jojee
08-14-2008, 09:36 PM
I wear concealer for eye shadows and whenever I get a zit. Blush sometimes to cover the concealer up because it's not exactly the same color as my skin. :p That's it.

I wore eyeliner for a while last year but then I realized it doesn't look good on me. xD Or maybe I was applying it wrong. In any case I don't wear it anymore and tend to go for the natural look, minus blemishes. ^_^ I still have an urge to pop on some eyeliner some nights when I'm going out but I lost all my pencils so... too lazy.

Rye
08-14-2008, 09:37 PM
I wear concealer for eye shadows and whenever I get a zit. Blush sometimes to cover the concealer up because it's not exactly the same color as my skin. :p That's it.

I wore eyeliner for a while last year but then I realized it doesn't look good on me. xD Or maybe I was applying it wrong. In any case I don't wear it anymore and tend to go for the natural look, minus blemishes. ^_^ I still have an urge to pop on some eyeliner some nights when I'm going out but I lost all my pencils so... too lazy.

That's why I put eyeliner on my top eyelids primarily, and only a hint on the bottoms. Srsly, try a bit of it. It'd look especially nice on you because your eyes have that nice asian curve to them. :jess:

bipper
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I am a bit slow
I just wanted to quote that out of context because it makes me chuckle. :D

:mog:

Jojee
08-14-2008, 09:40 PM
They do? :weep: NOOOO I have asian eyes!

But yeah I'm thinking of giving eyeliner a try again. xD I just need to... read a tutorial or something. Eyeliner on my bottom lid definitely makes me look terrible though, I know that!

bipper
08-14-2008, 09:45 PM

That has gotta feel awkward, being all Native American and all...

Rye
08-14-2008, 09:45 PM

But yeah I'm thinking of giving eyeliner a try again. xD I just need to... read a tutorial or something. Eyeliner on my bottom lid definitely makes me look terrible though, I know that!

Just on my bottom lids looks awful on me. xD Someone posted photos of me on facebook back when I did that at 14 and I looked awful. :Oo:

On the top lid is so much more natural looking.

Zeldy
08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
I wear far too much makeup, but I'm fully aware that I do so that makes it okay? :jess:

I don't care though; it makes me feel better, allows me to hide imperfections (frecklesss ;_; ) and any spots or whatever. I wear the whole lot; concealer, a good layer of foundation, blusher/bronzer, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara etc etc!

Rye
08-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Freckles are the best ever. >;O

Saber
08-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm usally voted worst costum make up during Halloween.

Shlup
08-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I wear makeup whenever I go outside. I have blotchy skin and blonde eyelashes so I feel ucky without it.

My favorite eyeliners are those liquid ones that are almost like drawing on your face with a Sharpie. I usually get the black CoverGirl one, and then I go over it with some black eyeshadow to smooth it. BJ likes it so I guess it's good.

Blue Harvest
08-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Any man who wears makeup should be kicked in the nuts and stripped of all man privileges.

Breine
08-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Freckles are the best ever. >;O

Yeah Zeldy! Freckles are cute! :smash:

Also, back on topic: I've only worn make up a handful of times (being a guy and all). It's great for costumey fun and such (which are the only purposes I've worn it for), and other than that I've always wanted to try wearing some black nail polish.. xD I don't know why 'cause I really don't think it'd suit me. It's just a strange androgynous fascination of mine I guess.

Zeldy
08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
MY FRECKLES ARE HORRIBLE. They spread, I swear they spread. I get more and more everyday.

scrumpleberry
08-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh eyeliner on the bottom lid looks terrible on me. My eyes aren't massive, but wearing it on the bottom lid makes them look TIIIIIINY D:
Zeldy, I can sort of understand wanting to hide your freckles, because I don't really think they go with your sort of style.

Rye
08-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I would kill for freckles on my face. I only have a few on my nose. ;;

Captain Maxx Power
08-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Guys don't need make-up to look sexy. :cool:

Blue Harvest
08-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Nor do most women, Maxx, but they use it anyway.

Rye
08-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Huxley says I can do his make up and hair and nails all pretty-like. :hyper:

bipper
08-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Huxley says I can do his make up and hair and nails all pretty-like. :hyper:

Pictures are a must. In fact, post 'em here: http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/119450-if-eoff-mated.html

cloud21zidane16
08-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Guys don't need make-up to look sexy. :cool:

Agreed:D