PDA

View Full Version : Hey hey you you I wanna be your girlfriend

DMKA
08-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Have you ever asked someone to be your girlfriend/boyfriend or husband/wife? If so, what was it like? :love:

Psychotic
08-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Usually it goes something like this.

"I like you."
"I like you too."
"Go out with me?"
"No."
"Oh. How about now?"
"No."
"Oh. How about now?"
"Oh okay then."

Markus. D
08-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Well it's always awkward when it comes from my mouth.

Ouch!
08-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Yes. It has gone well and not so well depending on the occasion in question.

Madame Adequate
08-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Yes I have!

edit: it was terrifying

Rye
08-16-2008, 02:48 AM
Yes I have!

You didn't seem terrified! Like, at all. xD

Bunny
08-16-2008, 03:00 AM
I went to my girlfriend's homecoming with her. We weren't dating officially until about halfway through when she announced we were "basically boyfriend and girlfriend now" to all of her friends.

This was, of course, surprising to me.

Peegee
08-16-2008, 03:38 AM
I HATE FORMALITIES . HATE HATE HATE

All of my hookups and girlfriends have been a straightforward affair. Even my first girlfriend. I put my arm around her one day when we were watching tv and that night we were holding hands.

Her cousin (who was a fan of our relationship unlike everybody including myself) was ecstatic. Ah, old memories.

Yeah, typically, I just act natural and if it succeeds she's cool. If not, I wouldn't find her my type anyway. It's a straightforward s-test.

Big D
08-16-2008, 03:50 AM
I've done it a few times, and each was a varying degree of 'sux' and/or 'awkward'.

Jess
08-16-2008, 04:01 AM
I've never asked a guy out in my life, I think. I'd have no problem doing so, but it's never come up as they've always asked me out first.

bipper
08-16-2008, 04:25 AM
I have been asked out and never done the asking. Asking my ex to marry me was pretty anti climatic too. This is why I phail.

This is why a guy should reach down deep inside his chest, and pull out every peiece of being he has, lay it all out on table and just swing that damn club and bring her back to your cave.

Chivalry really is dead. Pimp it Flintstones style.

DMKA
08-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Yes I have!

You didn't seem terrified! Like, at all. xD

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yamaneko
08-16-2008, 04:55 AM
Asking someone to be your girlfriend or boyfriend is pretty lame. The two people should know when the relationship gets to that place.

DMKA
08-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Asking someone to be your girlfriend or boyfriend is pretty lame. The two people should know when the relationship gets to that place.

Eh, doesn't stop people.

Avarice-ness
08-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Uh.. it started with him hinting to me that he wanted to be with me and it going over my head, then when I did get it, I rejected him because I was scarred, and then a week later and lots of alcohol later I called him crying confessing everything that was confess. We started dating exactly a year before our baby's due date (Sept. 6th).. well. technically Sept 5th at like 11pm but since I don't remember that convo because of alcohol we just call it Sept 6th. Saying the words "I love you with all my being" was really the moment of dating, there never really was "will you date me" thing.

As for marriage, we both knew that we were going to get married to each other 2 months into dating. There was no doubt in either of our minds that we wanted to be together forever, Neither of us asked each other, it was more like "When we get married.." and what not. Really, if it wasn't for procrastinating we would have been married in November before I even got pregnant but we complicated things by.. well my dad not even knowing he was living with me, and his parents under the impression he was living with a friend. > >; So when we found out that we were going to have a baby we stopped procrastinating the marriage for the sake of the baby. xD It's not that we didn't want to get married, we were both to lazy too. We lived like a married couple, it just took so much effort to get the actual married title to become true.

As for those skeptics who think that you can't know that you want to be together forever after 2 months of knowing someone. I can vouch that I knew, and my sister, who's been happily married for almost 11 years knew after 2 months. Some people just know, but then again my sister and I have epic intuition.

Hambone
08-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Well, not directly, it's always been sort of implied.

Shoeberto
08-16-2008, 06:22 AM
Nope... it was just kinda like "Hey, creep, your hand is on my boob" "I guess that makes you my girlfriend" and by the authority of manlaw she was mine.

rubah
08-16-2008, 06:26 AM
it was not :exdee:

Loony BoB
08-16-2008, 09:09 AM
rubah you just totally ruined Hsu's chance of being thought of as the coolest guy here. Because for the seconds before your post, that's what I thought.

I think I had to ask Danielle like ten times before she finally gave in. Other girls generally are like "Yes!" on the first instance. I've done it by letter, phonecalls and in person.

mooglebunni608
08-16-2008, 10:47 AM
No, I'm too shy. I've been asked to be someone's girlfriend once, though, and it was nice. The other time we just sort of were an item without either of us even asking. XD

Blue Harvest
08-16-2008, 12:24 PM
I've been rejected too many times to even consider asking anyone out ever again.

Breine
08-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I think I've done it once or twice. Mostly getting to be in a relationship just comes naturally. Formalities aren't really needed (except maybe when it comes to proposing).

Rye
08-16-2008, 02:49 PM

For me, in most relationships I've been in, it's been kind of like that. Where it's at the point where not calling it a relationship would be a denial, but no one's really made it official yet due to shyness or being a bit unsure or whatever. With Hux and I, a lot of it was me not even being sure if I could do the distance thing before we meet up, and even after we meet up for a while, because I was thoroughly sick of it. I guess it's worked out though, because he's coming over here in less than a month, and then I'll be (if all goes as planned) over there for between a semester or a full year next year. ;o

But yeah, the point I'm trying to make is that in the relationships I've been in, I've never just been asked out of the blue, me not really even knowing them beyond one or two conversations. Only creeps with teen mustaches have done that with me.

Nope... it was just kinda like "Hey, creep, your hand is on my boob" "I guess that makes you my girlfriend" and by the authority of manlaw she was mine.

I lol'd so hard that I almost spit water on my keyboard. xD

But yeah, like Jess, I never asked any guy to date me before. I kind of asked a guy on a date before, but he didn't seem to understand my intentions exactly, so it was super awkward.

Loony BoB
08-16-2008, 02:56 PM
But yeah, like Jess, I never asked any guy to date me before. I kind of asked a guy on a date before, but he didn't seem to understand my intentions exactly, so it was super awkward.
I'm trying to imagine how this whole thing can ever cause a misunderstanding but it always ends up with him screaming out "NO I WILL NOT HAVE BUTTSEX WITH YOU" and running away like the eleven year old boy he is.

Rye
08-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm trying to imagine how this whole thing can ever cause a misunderstanding but it always ends up with him screaming out "NO I WILL NOT HAVE BUTTSEX WITH YOU" and running away like the eleven year old boy he is.

True to my Y!M name, huh? ;;

Oh BoB, when will you understand that a real man isn't afraid of THAT! :nonono:

Madame Adequate
08-16-2008, 03:08 PM

A real man isn't just unafraid. A real man actively seeks it out.

Blue Harvest
08-16-2008, 03:12 PM

I'm thinking it was more a case of "This hot girl can't actually want to go on a date-date with me! It must just be a casual friends thing"

NeoCracker
08-16-2008, 03:13 PM

A real man isn't just unafraid. A real man actively seeks it out.

A real man doesn't just actively seek it out, a Real man will to it to himself if he's deprived for to long.

And anyway, on topic, no. No I haven't. But just telling a girl you like her yes. And let me tell you, we guys are a lot more nervous then we appear to be.

Loony BoB
08-16-2008, 03:16 PM
And let me tell you, we guys are a lot more nervous then we appear to be.
Seriously.

Personally I think I've only been rejected once because I tend to wait until I know how they feel before I ask them to be my girlfriend. The one girl who rejected me was a girl who had liked me for some time but had gone off me by the time I picked up the guts to ask her out. Go figure.

Bunny
08-16-2008, 04:00 PM
As for those skeptics who think that you can't know that you want to be together forever after 2 months of knowing someone. I can vouch that I knew, and my sister, who's been happily married for almost 11 years knew after 2 months. Some people just know, but then again my sister and I have epic intuition.

11 years is hardly forever. I know of several marriages that have been ended at the 20 year mark.

The Shoeless Hobo
08-16-2008, 04:01 PM
I just hook up/sleep with them then bail. ;)

I Don't Need A Name
08-16-2008, 04:07 PM
I think I had to ask Danielle like ten times before she finally gave in. Other girls generally are like "Yes!" on the first instance. I've done it by letter, phonecalls and in person.

Evidently, BoB is the true, experienced man that no one would ever turn down xD

I've asked once or twice, but i got turned down :eep:

Loony BoB
08-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Bah. I just don't ask girls I'm not confident will say yes. It's a pretty good safeguard. It's like foreplay - if they don't respond to it you know you're not gonna get any. So just be sure.

Avarice-ness
08-16-2008, 05:09 PM

11 years is hardly forever. I know of several marriages that have been ended at the 20 year mark.

My parents ended at the 24 year mark, but they never loved each other to begin with, as stated by both my parents. They only got married because my dad knocked my mom up with my sister.

rubah
08-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I've got high hopes for my parents dying in one another arms; they're almost up to 21 years and still seem completely in love with one another, even kissing in the kitchen, and just now my mom thanked my dad for unloading the dishwasher.

(they're so cute)

b0b, I'm sorry I had to make stu so less cool, but a girl's gotta defend herself from creeps tryin' to spout nonsense about manlaw~
he can't be a real man anyways, 'cause I can't get him to let me stick anything in his butt ;.;

Heath
08-16-2008, 08:14 PM
You know, I've never done it. Actually, that's a lie. In one relationship I had we got off to a fantastic start and sort of assumed we were in a relationship. That I asked was a kind of formality several days later. And the other time I was asked. I've been on the verge of asking, but I'm not terribly eloquent when I'm nervous.

NeoCracker
08-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Just stay up for 24 hours, and drink a lot of coffie and eat lots of candy bars berfore asking.

That way you'll be so whacked out you'll haven't the common sense to feel nervous. ^_^

True, you'll lose any form of tact as well, but I think she'll get the overall message.

cloud21zidane16
08-16-2008, 10:02 PM
I never really ask, i feel to awkward. I prefer to just start hanging out with a girl at college or parties then get closer until she turns into a girlfriend:D

Zeldy
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
oh my god, I could never ask, I wait to be asked myself xD I'm way too scared of being rejected.

~*~Celes~*~
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
He didn't ask and I didn't ask, we just kind of came together, and we've been this way for...Oh, well today's the 2 year and 2 months mark :bigbiggri so yeah.

LunarWeaver
08-16-2008, 11:29 PM
We just went along with it until one day we refered to each other as boyfriends. There was no asking involved! There was some confetti though.

Captain Maxx Power
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
The real question of this topic is who's been pumping DMKA with Valium? This topic is way too fruity to not be treated suspiciously.

Psychotic
08-16-2008, 11:52 PM
So hey who wants to be my girlfriend? :confused:

rubah
08-17-2008, 12:06 AM
Stu will, paul. You just have to promise to let him touch your bras.

Araciel
08-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Never. I usually get asked, for reasons I'll never understand.

Tidus_the_Almighty
08-17-2008, 02:17 AM
This one time, I asked a girl out and she said yes.

What? Were you expecting more?

Shiny
08-17-2008, 02:35 AM
We just went along with it until one day we refered to each other as boyfriends. There was no asking involved! There was some confetti lubricant though.

Clearly, clubbing and dragging to one's lair is the way to go. Less discussion involved.

Mogi
08-17-2008, 03:38 AM
I don't think I ever actually asked Jesswee. I was just like "I UHM... LIKE YOU :D!" And she was like "OOO: I LIKE YOU TOO!" And so we just decided that we were going to be boyfriend and girlfriend.
<3

EDIT: I was nervous, but not like "HOMG SHE'S NEVER GONNA TALK TO ME AGAIN DDDX" nervous.
XD

bipper
08-17-2008, 03:58 AM

The attatched picture is amazing.

Dr. Acula
08-17-2008, 04:23 AM
I've never asked a guy out, but I've also never been asked out so it's sorta balanced.

Wolf Kanno
08-17-2008, 04:24 AM
In my current relationship I asked her to be my girlfriend but only because my previous relationship crashed and burned cause my ex and I were obviously not on the same page especially when she started telling me about her other dates...

As for my girlfriend and I it took awhile for us both to fess up to our feelings. We both have some scars but eventually we came to our senses and have been dating for almost a year now. :love:

Fonzie
08-17-2008, 06:08 AM

Will you dry hump me in Halo forever, my love? ;)

~*~Celes~*~
08-17-2008, 06:10 AM

Hey, I have that red bra in your picture!

rubah
08-17-2008, 06:14 AM
well now we know where kari buys her brassieres!

~*~Celes~*~
08-17-2008, 06:28 AM
:aimblush:

Rye
08-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Walmart? =0

Misfit
08-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I've always been asked. :3

Slothy
08-17-2008, 07:23 PM

Agreed. I knew sooner to be honest, but I figured it best to give it a while to see if the feelings changed. Turns out I just kept loving her more as time went by so I proposed with a twist-tie ring back in October. I wasn't scared at all because I knew she would say yes. I was just anxious to hear the words.

As for asking her out originally, well, she asked me out to be honest (a very short time before I was going to ask her out oddly enough).

Psychotic
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Stu will, paul. You just have to promise to let him touch your bras.Well I'd be disappointed if he didn't.

Will you dry hump me in Halo forever, my love? ;)You better believe I will, darlin'. :aimkiss:

I've always been asked. :3Best 17 minutes of my life.

Misfit
08-18-2008, 07:32 AM
I've always been asked. :3Best 17 minutes of my life.

You know it bb. :-*

~*~Celes~*~
08-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Walmart? =0

Oui, occasionally.

Peegee
08-18-2008, 07:21 PM
I have been asked out and never done the asking. Asking my ex to marry me was pretty anti climatic too. This is why I phail.

This is why a guy should reach down deep inside his chest, and pull out every peiece of being he has, lay it all out on table and just swing that damn club and bring her back to your cave.

Chivalry really is dead. Pimp it Flintstones style.

You say that in jest but as a guy who can beat up most people and who isn't afraid of fighting I don't understand how the caveman method isn't more prevalent. Something to do with 'consent' laws.

Bah.

bipper
08-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Yeah, the word No really put a damper on this.

Rocket Edge
08-18-2008, 09:21 PM
I leave it to when i'm drunk, everything goes along much more smoothly.

Dolentrean
08-19-2008, 08:40 AM
I asked a girl out once, she said yes. (Mainly becuase I am pretty awesome)

I have been asked out by a few girls before, I said no.

Croyles
08-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Bah. I just don't ask girls I'm not confident will say yes. It's a pretty good safeguard. It's like foreplay - if they don't respond to it you know you're not gonna get any. So just be sure.

Isnt the lesson to never do foreplay?

Vyk
08-27-2008, 03:03 AM
I asked a girl to be mine, three years ago. And I asked another one to be mine last summer. They both said yes. They both cheated on me. I think asking might be a bit overrated now. I doubt I'll be asking anymore. I figure if its going to happen, it'll happen naturally and shouldn't have to be asked. It just is

Croyles
08-27-2008, 02:33 PM
I dont think ive ever asked anyone out. My relationships all just sorta happened, moslty. Sometimes they DIDNT happen.

Sometimes people get into situations where each person is unsure where they are standing in the relationship and its at this point that a simple "Be my GF/BF? LOLZ" will do the trick, unless she says "I thought we already WERE!!!! OMG you are so insensitive!"

Lukren
08-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm to much of a pansy to ask a girl out D:

Quindiana Jones
08-28-2008, 11:54 PM
It's sickening how that song is actually one of the Top 3 best songs in Burnout: Paradise. Takedown: orgasmic music. Revenge: pretty good music. Paradise: load of cock. :(

Anyway, I'm a shockingly shy person when it comes to the slightest form of commitment. I flirt with every kind of female in existence, but if I actually want to go out with one I curl up into a ball and cry. It takes me a few weeks to ask them out. Makes for fun conversations though. Where she mocks me for being such a wuss and I pretend to be sad to get her naked. Works every time. :D