PDA

View Full Version : Some new Scans

Gilghamut
08-16-2008, 05:34 PM
From what I've read where I've found these, these are all in-game, no CGI.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/darkzokie/File2/b2373595.jpg <- FFXIII

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/darkzokie/File2/cf8ba7dc.jpg <- Blond girl from Versus

http://i34.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/102v71l.jpg <- Blond girl again, and the Prince

Hyperion4444
08-16-2008, 05:50 PM
There are no CGI in the PS3 version.

Bolivar
08-16-2008, 06:26 PM
that blonde girl's hair is pretty damn good.

Hazzard
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
The prince looks sharp in a tux.

Jessweeee♪
08-17-2008, 03:45 AM
O:

Mogi
08-17-2008, 03:46 AM
That prince is totally a young Kyo.
O:

Dynast-Kid
08-18-2008, 02:48 AM
COOL. FFXIII is looking more awesome, yet I still don't care about Versus....

Moar plox. :bigsmile:

Big D
08-18-2008, 02:55 AM
The locations look more impressive with each new screenshot, but the characters less so. Enough with the recycled costumes, manorexia and partial nudity already!:p

Dreddz
08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Both games look incredible. I'm actually more impressed by what Versus is shaping up to be. The more modern setting and dress sense makes it look like your going to be part of the Yakuza in modern Japan. Which for a game of its type is very original.

Roto13
08-19-2008, 05:04 AM
The more I see of Vs. XIII, the less I want to play it. It looks awful.

Karellen
08-19-2008, 07:39 AM
It's designed to appeal to Kingdom Hearts fans, so I guess 'awful' is what they're going for.

Wolf Kanno
08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Its pretty but I'm still waiting for gameplay... It's difficult to care when you don't even know anything about the projects.

I also can't say I'm fond of the new girl in XIII that follows "Lightening". Looks a bit like FFX Rikku wearing her X-2 outfit. I'm not really impressed with the Versus pics. The original trailer was impressive in a stylized way but now nothing interesting has been shown since.

SE really needs to stop showing off the graphics and give us some real details for the game (like actual gameplay). Yes I know they made a new engine to pull these off but SE has really done little to shake off their image in the game industry.

Nifleheim7
08-22-2008, 06:51 PM
The Prince looks a bit different...and i'm not talking about his clothes.What happened to his face?:confused:

Comet
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
The Prince looks a bit different...and i'm not talking about his clothes.What happened to his face?:confused:

I know...he looks less handsome. :confused:

unfinished fantasy
08-22-2008, 11:12 PM

I know...he looks less handsome. :confused:he is less blue and needs a tie?

Dreddz
08-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I think he just looks more authentically Japanese. Nothing wrong with that.

Bahamut2000X
08-23-2008, 04:38 PM
The locations look more impressive with each new screenshot, but the characters less so. Enough with the recycled costumes, manorexia and partial nudity already!:p

What he said.

Although am I still the only one who is disturbed that Lightning is basically Cloud with a gender change? I almost want to say she's hot in a kind of gross ugly desperate nerdy hot kind of way, but then I think back to how she used to have a wang and it just gives me bad thoughts inside. :(

Although the blonde girl is kind of cute and creepy at the same time. Her eyes are just....a tad too big....

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
The only attractive thing about Versus is the blond girl.
As for the rest, not a real final fantasy.
Haven't shown any summons, problably won't have any, must have some kind of Ifrit reference somewhere, he's been in all Final Fantasy except 1&2 original, it problably won't be obvious to find by the looks of it.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I can't understand why people are dissing Versus, when it appears not much is even known about it.

Roto13
08-25-2008, 04:36 PM
But the things we DO know about it (the character designs, the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, the Nomura-ness) are horrible.

Yar
08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
But what we DO know about it (the character designs, the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, the Nomura-ness) is horrible.

:barf:

If this is what it turns out to be in later press releases, I'll pass.

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
We've seen more characters in Versus than the Original XIII, so far, none of the Versus characters are appeling in any way besides the two girls.

By the way, she's his enemy.

Blue eyes = Good Human
Purple eyes = Bad Non-Human

No word yet if the blond girl is having/keeping purple eyes nor that she would have red eyes.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 05:09 PM
But the things we DO know about it (the character designs, the Kingdom Hearts gameplay, the Nomura-ness) are horrible.

I fail to hate a game over character designs. Normally I barely really notice them. As for Kingdom Hearts gameplay, thats actually pretty vague, that could just mean they're going for a real time approach much in the way Dissidia was done. Personally, I love real time approaches to games.

This thing is being shot down way, too early. :o

EDIT: And the only people I've seen, look to be going for a less "wtf?" look (like a suit). Which I like, personally I'm tired of apparel that no one would actually wear in all situations, like Fran's character design.

EDIT2: Eye color? We're fretting over eye color?

Roto13
08-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Character designs alone don't ruin a game, but these are still pretty bad. :P The fact that they say it's going to have Kingdom Hearts-style gameplay and it's being directed by the Kingdom Hearts director, well, those things are bad news for anyone who thinks Kingdom Hearts is a bad game. xP

I'm not saying it can't possibly be a good game, but... it's not off to a very good start.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Well when a game gets comments like this,

Haven't shown any summons, problably won't have any, must have some kind of Ifrit reference somewhere, he's been in all Final Fantasy except 1&2 original, it problably won't be obvious to find by the looks of it.

before anything is really announced about it, its getting written off too fast :greenie:

Roto13
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Oh. Yeah, I just have him on ignore. xD

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Well when a game gets comments like this,

before anything is really announced about it, its getting written off too fast :greenie:

Well, that's my opinion of it so far.

btw
It's too bad Roto13 and Raebus got me on ignore.
They shouldn't started with their BS in the first place.
You're off to a bad start with him...

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
The problem is your opinion is based on nothing.

Nearly every game with FF has had some reference, use, etc. of summons. I see little reason to see that this game would be different just because they said they're trying to give the characters a realistic feel.

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Well, I know that they may as well be summons, so far, we've seen none unlike FFXIII.
I'm waiting for more details.

They may go like FF12's Espers and use totally different Summons.
Yet, Ifrit HAS BEEN in every RPG Final Fantasy, except 1&2 original UP TO DATE.
So I'm wondering where he's going to be in this one.
The game seems awfully gloomy for a Fiery Light Summon.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Ifrit isn't gloomy to you? xD

Yar
08-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Oh. Yeah, I just have him on ignore. xDYou too? xD

I would like to see a change in the characters in the series. Hearing that Lightning from XIII is designed to be girl-Cloud is pretty disgusting. I'd like some originality plz. :eep:

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 08:30 PM

I would like to see a change in the characters in the series. Hearing that Lightning from XIII is designed to be girl-Cloud is pretty disgusting. I'd like some originality plz. :eep:

The only similarity I see is the hair.

Roto13
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM

The only similarity I see is the hair.

Haven't you seen this (http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/WheresThunder.jpg) yet? :P

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Looks like more or less, laziness in character modeling xD

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Um, no.
Has there been any Gloomy Final Fantasy? (Before)

since there isn't much information yet, there's nothing much to do except making pre-assumptions like I did, were an assumption is meaningless since you don't have the facts.

I'll be able to give my opinion of it when it's released if I play it, until then, the rest may just as well be false.
All we can do is wait and see...

At first, my first impression of the game wasn't bad, and finally after keeping 2 years people in the dark, we saw clippings that the characters would appear in the day, finally! We pratically know it would happen yet everything we saw was during the night.
All I'm saying is that for two years they've been repeating the same stuff with not much new info. (We see the guy going outside. We see the guy in a car. We see the guy going outside and having action) We problably have seen more new characters in Versus than XIII.

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Um, no.
Um, yes.

Unless mass destruction on a global scale causing the planet to corrode, or massive war between an entire continent resulting in the death of many innocent bystanders is no longer considered "gloomy".

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Um, no.
Um, yes.

Unless mass destruction on a global scale causing the planet to corrode, or massive war between an entire continent resulting in the death of many innocent bystanders is no longer considered "gloomy".

What are you talking about?

Goldenboko
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
All of those actions I've described happened in a Final Fantasy. So, yes, there have been gloomy Final Fantasies before.

Hyperion4444
08-25-2008, 10:59 PM
All of those actions I've described happened in a Final Fantasy. So, yes, there have been gloomy Final Fantasies before.

I guess I didn't played it.
What Final Fantasy was that? FFIII?

What I mean is that, usually, a Final Fantasy has alot of forest and vegetation beautiful environnement/characters(Colored in more than just black, different colors/characters), you know, something'fantasy'.

They did say it was going to be based on the real world, but does everything has to happen at night? Do they even sleep?
(Of course they do, but besides some images showing the day, they still haven't showned new trailers yet!)

Sorry, I'm just eager to find out new info about theses games.
Guess it isn't as bad.

I don't know how to call it, maybe 'gloomy' isn't the correct term, but that lonely guy sure was.. lonely....until thoses new pics.

It's not important anyway.

Take a look at the before & after pictures.
There are some changes...
Can you tell me what's different?

Comet
08-28-2008, 02:59 AM
It's FFVI and FF IX...I think.

Hazzard
08-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I see why everyone has this person on ignore, he's really obnoxious that it's getting to the point of being unbearable. You're basing an assumption on one character from Final Fantasy Versus, and predicting that the whole game will be "gloomy", because of his character design and the background setting which has been shown in the trailers and images so far. Also, your chatting so much irrelevant rubbish considering we've been introduced to more characters in Versus; the anorexic blond guy with the shotgun seemingly attached to his arm appears quite upbeat and lively.

Anyway, besides the point just be patient and new info will be getting released shortly.

a random ninja
08-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, I know that they may as well be summons, so far, we've seen none unlike FFXIII.
I'm waiting for more details.

They may go like FF12's Espers and use totally different Summons.
Yet, Ifrit HAS BEEN in every RPG Final Fantasy, except 1&2 original UP TO DATE.
So I'm wondering where he's going to be in this one.
The game seems awfully gloomy for a Fiery Light Summon.

oh yeah? where was ifrit in 12? you mention the game using totally different summons, and then say ifrit's been in every final fantasy except 1 and 2. but he's not in 12. being the name of an airship doesn't count as being in the game. sure, he was in revenant wings. but not 12. and since you wanna say every final fantasy, he wasn't in mystic quest either, except as an enemy, and he bore no similarity whatsoever to a 'fiery light summon.' what is up with your fixation on ifrit anyway? there's hardly been any video, screens or info released for the game yet, and you just run around going 'no ifrit, no ifrit, the game will be gloomy, no ifrit, no one's appealing but the blond girl (whatever that means), no ifrit!' they've shown (very brief) glimpses of night AND day in the little bit that they HAVE released so far, they've shown the prince running around with other people, and nomura's even said something about 'traveling across mountains and oceans' and 'wandering in dungeons' and 'battling with summon beasts.' so for god's sake, stop rambling on and on about how it'll be gloomy and have no freaking ifrit or vegetation and all that other crap. you're basing WAY too much on a skimpy handful of trailers and screens. you say you're waiting for more details, but it sure doesn't seem like you're waiting to me. just assumption after assumption. if you want to speculate, by all means, speculate. but don't assume.

Big D
08-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Besides, the presence or absence of Ifrit has no bearing whatsoever on whether XIII is a 'real' FF title, or whether it's gloomy, glum, emo, or full of magical happy sparkle sprinkles:D

a random ninja
08-31-2008, 02:40 AM
personally i'm hoping for some magical happy sparkle sprinkles ;)

champagne supernova
08-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Comparing the trailer of Versus with the trailer of XIII, I prefer Versus. It looks a lot darker than XIII. But, as little is actually known about the games, it is an opinion based on very little.

I think I'll play them first to decide which one I definitely prefer. But I agree that writing-off Versus now is a bit premature.

Hyperion4444
08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
If it ain't a Kitase Final Fantasy, it's not likely that I would like it.
Kitase games are the ones to have sold the most on PlayStation.

Ifrit was a ship, the same as Bahamut, Shiva, Leviathan, Alexander (Carbuncle)
The Ifrit was destroyed in FFXII (One of the few during the last battle if not the only one), Alexander was covering the Bahamut tower.
Bahamut crashed but wasn't Destroyed. (Ended as the peace tower leaning on one side)
Shiva overloaded due to, can't remember what it's called....

Like you said, it's darker, one of the reasons why it doesn't appeal to me, adding a skull doesn't make it seemed "Fantasy" but more like "Fiction".

They said Versus was Fantasy based Reality, if people actually worship the god of "Death", that's creeping me out a little bit, don't you think?
Espescially for a Final Fantasy, since Skull presence are non-existant in Kitase Final Fantasy, practically non-existant all together.

I'm not trying to write off the game, like you and I said, wait & see.

Comet
08-31-2008, 09:52 PM

The Ifrit was destroyed in FFXII (One of the few during the last battle if not the only one), Alexander was covering the Bahamut tower.
Bahamut crashed but wasn't Destroyed. (Ended as the peace tower leaning on one side)

What has this got to do with anything :confused:

Goldenboko
08-31-2008, 10:05 PM

First off I'd like to point out that Yoshinori Kitase is the leading producer of FFXIII.

Second I'd like to point out, thats a crappy way to determine which games to buy. FFI, II, III, IV, IX, and XII did not include him in the staff (at least according to wikipedia, and I'm too lazy to find a more reputable source), yet are all excellent video games.

Lastly, assuming you only liked games Kistase worked on, that would mean you liked FFVII, one of the most gloomy in the series. Yeah. Eat it. :O

champagne supernova
08-31-2008, 10:20 PM

What has this got to do with anything :confused:

Who knows? All I know is that judging a game based on one man is a bit silly.

Hyperion4444
08-31-2008, 11:33 PM
I was talking about Versus, not XIII.

I don't juge the game just by one man, but if you like what he's done, chances you'll might like his new project FFXIII (I was liking the game even before I knew Kitase was on it, but when I found out he did VIII, VII, X, well, I got impressed.)

FFVII isn't my favorite, and I didn't particulary like the Midgar part, the rest seemed fun "Haven't seen any other amusement park".

FFVII isn't my favorite RPG.
But when you compare it to other Final Fantasies, well, it's no wonder it sold as much. It's not bad.

I've yet to see any skulls in other Final Fantasies.
It started off not so bad for Versus in my taste, it was different, but I still had my doupts since day one.
It was cool to see a blue haired red-eyed guy, it was different.

Square-Enix shed the ligths on new characters in Versus, not bad. It featured the day too.

I didn't really liked the Zell Haired Glassed Guy. (What's his class, hacker?!) Doesn't look much of a Zell Fighter.

a random ninja
09-03-2008, 04:53 AM
ok, i'm sorry, but where are you from? because your grammar's not so great and some of the stuff you say just seems to come out of nowhere and make no sense. like all this about the skulls. seriously, wtf are you talking about? 'what's his class, hacker?' huh? where the crap did that come from? and i KNOW ifrit was the name of an airship in XII. i specifically said that ifrit was the name of an airship in XII, but that doesn't count as ifrit being in the game. there was no ifrit summon in XII. i said all that already. so you don't have to point it out to me, and i don't know what the airships crashing had to do with anything. kitase's helmed some good final fantasies, yes, but it's not like all the ones he didn't work on were bad. IV and IX are some of my favorites, but they weren't kitase final fantasies. how can you say that if kitase isn't doing versus that you probably won't like it? you know next to nothing about the game, just like the rest of us. and you claimed to like XIII before you even knew kitase was working on it, so why should you not like versus just because he doesn't seem to be working on it? and i don't even know if he is or not, i just know that nomura's directing. so, thus far you don't think you'll care much for it based on a) the tiny bit you've seen looks dark and gloomy, b) you haven't seen ifrit, c) you haven't seen vegetation and d) it doesn't seem to be helmed by kitase. did i miss anything?