PDA

View Full Version : Precious Staples

arcanedude34
08-17-2008, 02:03 AM
Every franchise has 'em. The Metal Gear Solid series has it's torture scenes, Legend of Zelda usually had an easter egg involving chickens, etc. They're the threads that hold the separate games together, the defining features, if you will. Of all the franchises I've ever played, however, Final Fantasy has the most. Ranging from recurring characters such as Cid and Gilgamesh to recurring weapons like Ragnarok and Excalibur, this franchise is packed with similarites (which is ironic since every game [save a few] take place in completely different worlds].

The reason I bring this up is that I am making an FF Fan Game *dodges incoming projectiles* and would like to know what recurring themes you've come to expect from a Final Fantasy and which ones you would rather have left out. Also note, the battle is somewhere between FFIV FFV and FFVI. There are going to be random battles. I will not take them out.

Discuss!

Slothy
08-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Get rid of random battles. :p

Honestly, I like a lot of change. About the only things I really expect to see are Moogles, Chocobo's and Cid. Also, the Prelude is a must.

Coma
08-17-2008, 02:36 AM
The new spell name system.

Base
Base+Ra
Base+Ga
Base+Ja

Jessweeee♪
08-17-2008, 03:16 AM
I love cactuars :love:

arcanedude34
08-17-2008, 03:34 AM
Honestly, I like a lot of change. About the only things I really expect to see are Moogles, Chocobo's and Cid. Also, the Prelude is a must.

Going into this project, Moogles, Chocobos, Cid, and the Prelude (along w/ a few other tracks) were the only definate elements I had lol.

The new spell name system.

Base
Base+Ra
Base+Ga
Base+Ja

Alright, I'll use that one, although I'm sure some people would prefer the number system (I personally prefer the jibberish suffixes myself)

I love cactuars :love:

Yeah, Cactuars will make an appearance, especially since I have a Blue Mage... who can learn 1,000 needles... from Cactuars...

Slothy
08-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Oh I knew full well you'd likely have those in it, I was just pointing out that I really don't care about having anything else in there really. Then again, I also liked FFXII so I'm obviously not too hung up on tradition.