PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Ideas

Laddy
08-17-2008, 04:53 AM
What are your favorite ideas in games?

In Ultima IV, I liked that the game centered around virtue than saving the world, in which you must a variety of good deeds, some of which are hard and sacrifical, such a giving items, not fighting good people that are hostile, and fighting even when death is nearly certain. This made it hard, yet gave you a true moral lesson.

So, what are some concepts you absolutely loved?

Karellen
08-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Majora's Mask is one massive awesome idea.

Saber
08-17-2008, 06:49 AM
I like jigsaw puzzles cause it teaches you to take one piece at a time and soon you'll get the whole picture. jk but true

Vyk
08-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Ico gave you reason to solve puzzles, pretty view and pretty company

I like the way BioWare used to mix turn-based and real-time into a seemless blend. So you could do the commands thing and stuff still stayed active

Surely I can think of a lot more... later

Moon Rabbits
08-21-2008, 06:50 AM
http://www.clickgamer.com/products/pid_6480/screenshots/ppc/large/syberia.jpg
best idea ever.

Markus. D
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I really liked Bloodrayne 2's health system after coming to a realization that I die in 2 hits.

You must feed!

o_O
08-21-2008, 01:24 PM
http://www.clickgamer.com/products/pid_6480/screenshots/ppc/large/syberia.jpg
best idea ever.

I played that game on my phone, it was pretty good. :p

TetraEdge make some sweet games.

ReloadPsi
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM

Time travel yay!

I once played Fear Effect 2. There's no health bar, but rather a fear gauge, a measurement of your pulse that gets faster and faster as the situations grow more intense. The faster your pulse, the more easily you can die. If you successfully sneak kill a bad guy from behind it resets to calmness... yes, even running around avoiding danger wasn't enough to calm down.

It didn't make much sense and I didn't find it particularly realistic, but it was really fun.

Also, the DOOM RPG. Although RPGs with a first person, block-by-block style have been done to death, it was the first of its kind I'd ever played (and only one I liked too). All the usual DOOM guns were in it, as were the monsters.

Værn
08-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I think it would be neat to remake A Link to the Past in 3D, just to see what it would be like. A lot of the items are reused from game to game; they could just recycle sprites.

Mo-Nercy
08-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Making the player fall in love with a weight storage cube with a love heart on it is pretty damn original.

Vermachtnis
08-22-2008, 05:57 PM
The Cow Launcher in Earthworm Jim. Especially the giant WTF moment, even for Earthworm Jim, when the cow comes back.

And speaking of Cows, insult Swordplay. More games need characters to win with a sharp tongue instead of sharp sword.

Nifleheim7
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
The concept of a huge empty world inhabited only by birds,lizards and 16 colossal beasts was a really unique idea in Shadow of the Colossus.

Værn
08-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Making the player fall in love with a weight storage cube with a love heart on it is pretty damn original.
But GLaDOS makes you to euthanize it T_T
Speaking of which, I made the cake (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=72775427&albumId=2095339). In the end I used strawberries instead of cherries. Didn't have a candle when I took the picture, but I got a pack before I took it to the party.

Mo-Nercy
08-23-2008, 02:26 PM
But GLaDOS makes you to euthanize it T_T
Speaking of which, I made the cake (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=72775427&albumId=2095339). In the end I used strawberries instead of cherries. Didn't have a candle when I took the picture, but I got a pack before I took it to the party.
^^

I thought FEAR was pretty original as far as horror FPS' go. It's pretty much the only FPS I think I've actually ever enjoyed. I suck so bad at 'em. =]
<3 Alma.