PDA

View Full Version : Rozzaria?

DarkMateria
08-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Something in FFXII left me a little curious. Al-Cid was one of the most interesting characters to me, with his shades and his killer Spanish accent. I always wanted to know more about Al-Cid and his kingdom. I figured that eventually during the game you would pass through Rozzaria, but no. Did anyone else wonder about this kingdom and does anyone know anything about Rozzaria at all?

Bahamut2000X
08-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of stuff about Rozarria hidden around the game. But it was a bloody shame that the game had Al-Cid in it for all of 2 minutes and never let you even explore Rozarria. It was one of the reasons I felt XII couldn't be considered a truly great game.

champagne supernova
08-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Rozzaria's absence from the game truly irritated me. I liked the fact that in Final Fantasy, one explores the world, not one small continent.

How many towns does XII have anyway? And how does this compare to the one's in the previous game. I felt that it was a lot less, but I could be wrong.

DarkMateria
08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I can only think of about 5 towns off the top of my head in ff12 that u actually visit. The other location's are like ruins, forests, plains, and other places like that.

Bahamut2000X
08-17-2008, 08:01 PM
The map was smaller, but the areas were more detailed. I do kind of understand why they didn't make a whole world with the level of detail and size they did you each map.

But the exclusion of a major country was obnoxious.

Either way it's far superior to the lazy effort that was the world map of FF X. :monster:

LunarWeaver
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
After all the 400 hour trips to get anywhere in that game I would have given up if I had to run to Rozzaria.

Heath
08-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Locales by my count: Eruyt, Rabanastre, Archades, Balfoheim, Bhujerba, Jahara, Nalbina and Mt Bur-Omisce are the main settlements, I suppose. You've also got that village on the Phon Coast and the little hamlets around Rabanastre. However, I think those towns are much more immersive and impressive than those of other games in the series.

I'd have loved to have been able to visit Rozarria. I was looking forward to visiting Archades for much of the game (and it's such a visually pleasant city). In fact, I'd have liked more of Rozarria full stop. Aside from Al-Cid, all they did was in the background, really.

Dynast-Kid
08-17-2008, 10:10 PM
It would've been really cool if you could explore Rozzaria, but story-wise there's no reason you would or should.

Marky Tee
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
i think addin rozzaria into the story would have been far superior to what was in the actual story
i was expecting a war between rozzaria and archadia for most of the start of the game
was very dissapointed that there was none

Bolivar
08-18-2008, 07:00 PM
i think FFTA2 takes place in Rozarria and Al-Cid is in it.

Some info on it is hidden throughout the bestiary in XII, I think. The tomb of Raithwall/nam-yensa is also really close/on the border and used to be apart of that empire.

Crescennt
09-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I would prefer a follow-up game to FFXII where you can play in Rozarria to all the FFVII that keeps coming out now. That whole world had already been explored in the original game.

I agree that the cities in FFXII are very impressive. For the first time I got the feeling I could really see a whole big city in an FF, not just part of it (Midgar was so great, I would have loved to play an entire game just in that city, unfortunately you could only visit small sections).