PDA

View Full Version : most important aspect of the game...

Marky Tee
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
cecils hair ofcourse!!!
who else was dissapointed that it was actualy white?
his onscreen sprite looks like its blue
that woulda been so much better

demondude
08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
If the spirte had white hair then it'd mesh with the armour and make him look strange.

black orb
08-19-2008, 08:12 PM
>>> I thought Cecil hair was purple.
anyway I was only grossed out by Kain`s blonde hair.

Marky Tee
08-21-2008, 11:16 PM
the last scene kain appears in where you see his hair reminds me of the end of the southpark movie where you see kennys hair

anyway blue hair for cecil!!

Flying Mullet
08-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Cecil would make an excellent ginger.

NeoCracker
08-22-2008, 09:15 AM
And Mullet, surprisingly, manages to give the correct answer in on opinion based question. :p

ReloadPsi
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I was simply miffed because I originally preferred his Dark Knight costume. The Paladin garb eventually grew on me, especially when he simply became way stronger.

But yeah, everyone loves blue hair. It should've been blue.

Old Manus
08-29-2008, 07:14 PM
I was more WHY THE HELL IS HE BACK AT LEVEL ONE RAAAAAGE to think about his hair

Roogle
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Cecil has white hair in promotional and official artworks dating back several years to the release of this game. I believe that character design was frequently modified due to graphical limitations at the time of the original release of Final Fantasy IV.

arcanedude34
09-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Amano seems to have a thing for white/extremely light hair. Most main character art from 1-6 has at least one character with some degree of white hair that doesn't in the in-game graphics.

Avarice-ness
09-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Amano seems to have a thing for white/extremely light hair. Most main character art from 1-6 has at least one character with some degree of white hair that doesn't in the in-game graphics.

If it's amano main character art, it'll have a blonde not just 1-6. Tifa, Rinoa, and Garnet have been depicted by amano with blonde/white hair.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/0/00/AmanoTifa.jpg/180px-AmanoTifa.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/1/10/AmanoRinoa.jpg

http://www.ffodyssey.com/ff9/amano_garnet.jpg

I used the chicks because they're always more memorable to me when it comes to Amano vs ingame.

FFVI for amano was like a game of nazi's. Celes, Terra, Edgar, Sabin, Relm, Strago, Kefka, Leo, Locke, Setzer. xD All blonde or white haired in the eyes of amano. Makes me wonder if Gogo and shadow are secretly blonde as well.

Either way, I like the blue hair~

felfenix
09-28-2008, 02:37 PM
I always remembered the sprite as having purple hair. I guess I'm colorblind.

Vermachtnis
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Cecil has kalediescope hair, Kain has Proto Man's scarf for hair, and Rydia's hair defies gravity. All the cool kids have not normal hair. And Cid's beard! Just look at it :p

I Don't Need A Name
09-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I always remembered the sprite as having purple hair. I guess I'm colorblind.

no, you are correct his hair is purple (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff4/images/sprite-cecil2.gif)

Roogle
09-30-2008, 11:17 PM
The developers of Final Fantasy IV likely modified his sprite to have purple hair because it is difficult to convey white or platinum hair colors in the limited color palette of the game without implying age.

rubah
09-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I always thought he was blonde. I never interpreted it as him having actual blue hair as I did lenna having pink and faris having purple hair.

feioncastor
10-03-2008, 09:38 AM
the last scene kain appears in where you see his hair reminds me of the end of the southpark movie where you see kennys hair

Ahahahaha!!! Awesome!

Twilite99
10-07-2008, 10:58 PM
cecil starts out as a dark knight, and we never see him without that armor, cept when he becomes Paliden. when cecil becomes a Pali, its refered to as
"become a paliden"-he become girly looking and learned some W.magic.BIG WHOOP.
"paliden FORM"-assuming that is NOT what Cecil looks like without that armor.

honestly. do you think Paliden Cecil is what Dark Knight Cecil without the armor looks like? i dont.