PDA

View Full Version : For all you Tomb Raider fans out there...

Breine
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
...get a load of this (http://http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38462.html?type=).

What are yout thoughts on the upcoming game in the series? Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Vyk
08-21-2008, 05:05 AM
I loved Legends. Haven't played the Anniversary one much. But that doesn't matter. I played the original. And a few sequals. And like Legends the most. I loved having the guys making small talk about everything the whole time. And the story was so well portrayed. It'll be nice to go back. There's -way- too many good games on the horizon for my wallet.. This one's probably a definite for me

DMKA
08-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Last one I played was The Last Revelation. Angel of Darkness and Legends didn't peak my interest. I'll more than likely play this one though due to the extreme lack of games I've found appealing this gen thus far.

Also, wtf was with the voice at the end?

Nifleheim7
08-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm a big fan of the series (especially 1-5) but anniversary was a big let down for me.I really liked legend though.
I hope Underworld has at least better combat controls than Anniversary and no adrenaline dodge gimmicks.

Croyles
08-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Meh this doesnt look too interesting for me so far. Uncharted has already spoiled me, even though this is more platforming.
Too many good games coming out this year lol.

Ryth
08-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Angel of Darkness and Legends didn't peak my interest.

Angel Of Darkness was terrible, but Legends is really the only Tomb Raider game I like.

LunarWeaver
08-22-2008, 02:18 AM
Angel of Darkness makes me cry.

I absolutely love Legends, though. I liked it even better than the Prince of Persia games, something I get yelled at for quite often. I like Anniversary, but it's not something I would replay again in full. There was a bit too many puzzles and the levels were too long. Sure, Legends was way too short, but having one level that is longer than that entire game is a bit overboard. I get the original had that whole silent atmosphere thing going as well, so they kept that, but without Zip and Alistair the whole thing felt a bit boring. I did enjoy turning on the "commentary crystals" and hearing what the two guys had to say about the game, though. That filled some silence. "We always tried to kill Lara in the cruelest way possibly."

I can't wait for Underworld. It is going to give me great pleasure, folks. Great pleasure.

Vyk
08-22-2008, 02:24 AM
Well Anniversary was just a remake, there weren't any real expectations there. Just revisiting things. They had to do something to spice it up. Legends was really good. And I hope everyone understands that the people who did Angel of Darkness were let go for making such trash. Legends was made by a different team in a different company (though I'm sure most know this. Figure I'll point it out just in case. Underworld and Legends doesn't need any unnecissary hate) :]

Tifa's Real Lover(really
08-22-2008, 02:27 AM
ive only played legends and it was awesome, so ill probably get this.

ps: should i get any older versions of TR? O_o

Ryth
08-22-2008, 03:17 AM
I'll agree Legend was definitely better than Warrior Within. I'll even allow someone to say Legend was better than Two Thrones... but no way in Hell is Legend better than The Sands Of Time.