PDA

View Full Version : Omega Weapon is a pansy

Yellow
08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Omega Weapon is too easy. All you need to defeat him is high speed, limit breaks, and defend. I wish this game was more challenging, it's hard to feel ultra cool beating the game when you know that unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong, there's no way you will lose.

Angel Wing just defeated Omega Weapon before he even got the chance to use Terra Break.

I remember when I beat Omega Weapon when I was 12 using only Invincible Moon, Lionheart, and incredibly lucky Angelo Reverse and the Phoenix summon. That was cool (My characters were scrubs).

Anyways, what battles were actually challenging for you guys? Assuming you didn't pimp out your characters.

Saber
08-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Well it seemed that those Red Dragons would always use some kind of breath attack the moment I started fighting them. It hit for like 9999 damage for all my characters. Now and days I don't have a problem with this much as breath bearly hurts or heals.

Also getting to Omega was a bit of a challenge. I remember when I first for the ragnorak I seen the island and I was like whoa just like the KOTR island in FF7. finds out you can get the most powerful summon there too.

Now as for most FF's Marlboro can completely destroy you. Bad breath is the nastiest thing square enix could think of. the funny thing about it is in most rpg's after I learn it as an enemy skill I rarely use it even though it is a very deadly attack.

I think though after a good long time playing a ff, no enemy is that powerful and can be easily destroyed by lion heart or other great attacks. Griever...

Hambone
08-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes, Ruby Dragons, Marlboros, and Diablos if you're not ready. This game is PAINFULLY easy. Yay Junctioning.

TyphoonThaReapa
08-20-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty sure most games are easy as you play them multiple times. I don't see how being too easy as you keep playing the game be a problem. If it really is a problem that is. If not, then what do you expect? The game to grow immunity to you kicking it's ass? That would be cool...:cool:

Zeromus_X
08-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Every boss in the game is easy if you are prepared (and the same strategy applies to most of them).

Yellow
08-20-2008, 04:26 AM
Marlboro! Yes! How could I forget. Okay, Marlboros were pretty hard too. The first time I fought them I shat myself trying to escape before bad breath. Now a simple confuse, berserk, sleep junction to status defense and escape/esuna is easy. I forgot about it a lot though, only other time I've restarted so much was after playing triple triad.

Ruby Dragon was also hard to deal with when I tried getting Bahamut at middle levels. I agree that his breath attack was pretty rad... until level 100 and great junctions.

...damn it everything in the game becomes easy with good junctions. Now I'm not sure if the junction system is all that great.

Carl the Llama
08-22-2008, 02:40 AM
Omega Weapon is as easy or hard as you make him, you do know that his stats reflect yours i.e. if you have really high stats so will he.

Try beating him without useing any form of invincibility and he does become harder.... what boss isnt easy when your invincible hmm?

Saber
08-22-2008, 03:04 AM
L5 death + level 100 = game over

Once you get like 100% immunity to most status attacks and like 200% immunity to elementals you should have Ultima and Omega beaten. If your like me and try to fight them the moment you can. He can be somewhat hard.

Yellow
08-22-2008, 05:20 AM
Omega Weapon is as easy or hard as you make him, you do know that his stats reflect yours i.e. if you have really high stats so will he.

Try beating him without useing any form of invincibility and he does become harder.... what boss isnt easy when your invincible hmm?

Well I didn't use invincibility to defeat him. The first time, as a child who barely understood english, yes I did, I relied on the unreliable invincible moon. This time around, I just used defend. Actually I never got to use it since he died before terra break.

It is pretty fun though fighting him with limitations, like no limit breaks, or just certain (crappy) characters. I usually stop halfway through or die because I'm careless, but it is nevertheless challenging and fun.

Zeromus_X
08-22-2008, 05:38 AM

Actually, at least this is true on the PlayStation version, Omega Weapon is always at level 100 regardless of the party's level.

And personally I think he's still easy even without invincibility items. :p

Carl the Llama
08-24-2008, 05:57 AM
I said his stats, like HP ect, if you go in with all low level characters with crap stats you can kill him with one Lionheart... at least thats what iv been told lol.

Goldenboko
08-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I found this entire game really pathetic in difficulty. The beginning of the game suffers from the fact that a few good junctions make your party uber. I started tooling around, saw that tents turn into Curaga, bought myself a whole lot of tents and BANG, my main three characters had so much HP I could leave, go to the bathroom, come back, and still win.

By the end it suffered from everyone being able to just be uber. 9,999HP for everyone? Thank you very much! Hundred thousand damage each attack? Sure!

No boss can stand up to that xD

*Omega Peach*
11-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I agree, but my sister and I have never beaten him. :rolleyes2 One of the best video game bosses ever! :peach:

Jessweeee♪
11-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Ultima was a pushover...Omega I haven't managed to defeat yet S:

Cyric
11-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Actually, at least this is true on the PlayStation version, Omega Weapon is always at level 100 regardless of the party's level.

I challenge that assumption. The last time I played FFVIII (the PSX version) Omega Weapon DID NOT have over 1,000,000HP like he does at LV100. I think that's the first time I've ever been disappointed about a fight that I was so certain it was going to be a challenge.

[edit] apologies...just found the proof I needed...I guess I probably switched to the PC version when I decided to scrap the AA of emulation to run the PC version with software rendering for the FMV's.

YouTube - Proof Omega Weapon in Final Fantasy VIII is Always Level 100 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhCLe46iFo)

Ultima Shadow
11-24-2008, 12:32 AM
I said his stats, like HP ect, if you go in with all low level characters with crap stats you can kill him with one Lionheart... at least thats what iv been told lol.

That's also wrong. Omega's stats only depend on his level, and his level is permanently set to 100 in the Playstation version. At least in the PAL version of the game.

This game is sadly the easiest out of all the FFs if you ask me. I love the idea of the junctioning system... but it's so easy to abuse. Or rather... it's so hard NOT to abuse, unless you set up certain rules and restrictions for yourself.

For example, like this:

YouTube - Waka Weapon part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0SdGVTrkA)

The only time I remember having a really hard time was when I played my "Ability junctioning only" challenge several years ago. That made a few battles really, really tough.

Saber
11-24-2008, 01:00 AM
out of all the things I've tried I've never found a good spell to put on elemental attack. any one know what to use?

PS Omega is something I always look forward in a final fantasy. well exclude 12.

The Last Oath
11-24-2008, 08:22 AM
Omega is extremely hard if you dont use invcibility and 200+ stats. You will need to constantly use defend or rinoa's limit break and you wont always get invicible moon and u wont always get lion heart either.

On the other hard you can be cheap and use Holy Wars etc or too make the game harder you can make your own special things like i did etc

Squall only has HP and Str Junction

Zell has HP and Vit

Quistis had Mag & Spr

BardTard
11-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Malboros, but once I learn Elem-Defx4, Elem-Atk and Stat-Defx4 I'm invincible. Malboros are like bite bugs once I have that.

Forsaken Lover
11-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Ultima might have been easy but he was way more badass than Omega.

*~Angel Wing~*
11-26-2008, 01:07 AM
I agree, but my sister and I have never beaten him. :rolleyes2 One of the best video game bosses ever!
Yes we will soon moo! :D

Iceglow
11-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Actually that video on youtube of Omega being level 100 offered no proof at all, the levels of the enemies are dependant on Squall's level alone. Squall was level 100 in the video at the start, Only Quistis and Selphie weren't. However the video is right, Omega is I believe level 100 all the way through. No matter your level.

As for chumping him? I used Selphie, cast Aura, Slot, 3rd do-over turns out "The End", battle over.

I never even got to use Renkozuken once, I was like "hmm want this over now, plz! BANG! AND THE DIRT IS GONE!" Was cheap yes, still that was my quickest Omega fight. A friend copied me but I found that he'd opened his tray and kept doing over for like 20 mins to get The End up.

All games once you've learnt how to control them are easy, even games with horrible control systems or poorly explained menus/options/set ups. Too Human and Dropship (ps2 and 360 games) are perfect examples of good games with poor control systems Too Human put all melee attacks on the right analogue stick along with targetting/camera movement which was ick but once I figured it out the game was easy. Dropship was just one of the most unforgiving ps2 flight combat sims out there, even when landing to re-arm and repair you'd be attackable, made for a good balance of attack and defense after a while of getting used to it. Robot Warlords on the ps2 was a perfect example for me of a poorly explained game, the game play was very similar to front mission 3 but the game fails to explain any of this to you in a comfortable manner. However with all 3 of these games I have become profficient and dare I say, good at them because I put the effort in to learn them.

Serapy
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
The gameplay of Final Fantasy VIII being easier is justified. The plot of this game is no doubt more complex than other Final Fantasy games, so having a hardcore plot and a medium-leveled gameplay makes sense. It looks like the developers of FF8 have put more efforts into the story rather than the gameplay. Of course, FF8 is mostly all about the story.

You want hard challenges? Limit your functions in this game or just play other games.