PDA

View Full Version : Spoony Review of FF8

Aerisfanatic
08-20-2008, 04:40 AM
The Spoony Experiment - Final Fantasy VIII Videogame Review (http://spoonyexperiment.com/games/FF8/)

On the above link is a 7 Part review on FF8. You may have already seen it. IMO he completely nitpicked it to death and made a big deal over thee littlest things like drawing. In fact an entire video was about him drawing, apparently he did nothing but drawing for 2 hours (Ya like you need to do that, someone should tell him about draw point wells). What do you guy think about his veiws? Me, I think he was way to picky. It does contain spolers and watch out for part six, it gets a little out there. Everything is censored so dont worry.

McLovin'
08-20-2008, 06:38 AM
He stopped at 7 a long time ago. Pity really, laughed my ass off on the first ones.

Karellen
08-20-2008, 09:38 AM
He said he stopped doing it because people kept sending him whiny emails about how he never updates it and he would rather not reward idiots.

I thought it was pretty funny and mostly spot on. It's not the best thing he's ever done though.

sdm42393
08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
I think the point of the video was nitpicking. If he gave a honest review, imo, it wouldn't be that funny.

Comet
08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Even though FF8 is my favourite game in the series, I found that review hilarious.

cloud21zidane16
08-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I think his hilarious:D
He says on his site he doesnt hate the game as much as it seems, his just picky to make the review funnier.
Also he is making more parts to FFVIII but theres a video (Ask Spoony 2.1 i think:mog:) Saying he played for hours only to find the video didnt record right, so he said itll be a long time before he can be asked to play through it again, but he said that quite a while ago so it may be soon:)

Aerisfanatic
08-20-2008, 03:36 PM
I think the point of the video was nitpicking. If he gave a honest review, imo, it wouldn't be that funny.
Ya There were parts that made me laugh my head off. But I think the stupidest thing he mentioned was the need to draw for 2 hours.

champagne supernova
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
The abuse of character naming was brilliant. It makes me wonder what other awesome combinations you can make in the old FFs.