PDA

View Full Version : Graphical or Text assignments?

blackmage_nuke
08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
When you get/got assesments (particularly in high school where you might get a cariety) to do do you usually work better with assesments that require visual content (eg design a poster/ powerpoint presentation) or text based content (Write an essay/ speech)?

I think I have a weakness for visual tasks in that I have a strength for them. When I get a visual task i cant stop myself going all out for it, I have to find/create the perfect images and they have to be placed in the perfect position with a bunch of appropriate photoshop effects. Any assesment that has a visual component and a text component ruins me as i spend way too much time on visuals and have little time left to do the text.

Thats why in a way i prefer to do text based assignments.

How about you?

Flying Mullet
08-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I've always been much better at visual presentations and assignments.

rubah
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
I hate posters and powerpoints.

That being said, I always go all out on them.

Heath
08-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Text.

Certainly enjoy doing powerpoints and posters because I feel they can be much more engaging than an essay can be, but I'm much better at writing essays or speeches and so I prefer them.

Moon Rabbits
08-25-2008, 06:30 AM
I am good at both. :greenie:

Arc_Master_14
08-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Totally visuals I can write nicely but only stories that ignite pictures in my head. Other than that I'd rather do a powerpoint with four times the info than an essay any day.

Peegee
08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Both. It really does depend on the content though. Obviously sometimes you should do visuals when text would not be as effective, and text, when visuals are just inappropriate.

Polaris
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
I work on both, because I am on literary degree my texts have to be complex and full of ideas but I also enjoy design so I always make the cover and try to use different fonts and images that appeal the teachers. It has been working great so far :)

Fate Fatale
09-28-2008, 05:36 AM
I enjoy both equally and do about the same on each. My textual assignments are generally too detailed and teachers say that I'm, "too wordy". I have loads of fun doing visual assignments, but I get so self-conscious about what it looks like that I end up with little information on an amazing picture.

scrumpleberry
09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm good at both, but I can churn out text in half an hour whereas visual requires a lot more effort.