PDA

View Full Version : Meow. Meow.

qwertysaur
08-20-2008, 06:30 PM
OK, so my dad and I were hearing some noises outside the house yesterday, and we found 5 kittens in a bush my the fence at our house. They are some of the cutest cats ever, but we are not sure how to take care of them. They are probably only a week old, and our dog has scarred away the mother before we knew the kittens were there. Any advice?

Flying Mullet
08-20-2008, 06:52 PM
I would contact your local humane society as they have families that take in infant animals such as this and raise them until they are old enough to be adopted.

Remulak
08-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Nedm.

Like Flying Mullet said, just call local human society.

Blue Harvest
08-20-2008, 07:23 PM
I'd keep em, but I'd take them to the vet first.

Parker
08-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Sell them or give them away to nice owners. Don't put them in a kitty farm or something because they might be gassed :(

rubah
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
I want a baby kitten :( My friend has some and they are so sweet and just my favorite color but my parents have forbidden it :( It's just as well, I couldn't take care of them at college anyways :(

scrumpleberry
08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Keep them the hell away from your snakes.

(I'm not thinking of someone else there, am I..?)

If you're planning on keeping them, first things first take them to a vet so they can have all their vaccinations and things done, it's absolutely essential. There's heaps of information on kitty care all over the internet as they're very common pets.

If you're not keeping them, like Parker said, don't you dare give them to a kitty farm. I will hunt you down personally if you do.

(But fo' serious, they're really not very nice places)

I'd try and give them away in groups so that they feel comfortable with their siblings next to them. Definitely meet with any potential owners before giving them away, make them come and see the kitties at your place so that they meet the kitties in a comfortable environs for them.

Luara
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM
OK, so my dad and I were hearing some noises outside the house yesterday, and we found 5 kittens in a bush my the fence at our house. They are some of the cutest cats ever, but we are not sure how to take care of them. They are probably only a week old, and our dog has scarred away the mother before we knew the kittens were there. Any advice?
that happen before, but we stayed away and then after the mother came back when we werent there and took the kittys with her o_o I dunno if this should be the same answer to your case though it might not work

Zeldy
08-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Find the nearest Cat Protection and take them there ^_^

smittenkitten
08-21-2008, 08:43 AM
If you are keeping them you'll have to hand feed them. You'll need to get kitten milk and a baby bottle with a noozle to feed them. Make sure they are kept in a safe and warm enviroment. Take them to the vet to get them checked and talk to them about how to look after them. :)

Levian
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Roll them up in a carpet and throw them off a bridge.

I'm pretty sure kittens love rafting.

Flying Mullet
08-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Well, since we've turned that corner...

Don't play with yourself while you're caring for the kittens because you know what will happen...

Momiji
08-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, since we've turned that corner...

Don't play with yourself while you're caring for the kittens because you know what will happen...

No? :eyebrow:

Deborah
08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
If you are keeping them you'll have to hand feed them. You'll need to get kitten milk and a baby bottlewith a noozle to feed them. Make sure they are kept in a safe and warm enviroment. Take them to the vet to get them checked and take to them about how to look after them. :)

Also video tape them eating and post the video on here! SO CUTE!:p

Fujiko
09-07-2008, 12:16 AM
<333 I want one!

Værn
09-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Bring them all to me. My mom wants me to get rid of my baby snakes, and I need something else tiny+cute to replace them D=

DMKA
09-07-2008, 02:57 AM
GIVE THEM TO ME ;______;

Shlup
09-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Call the nearest animal shelter, duh. What is this, a veterinary forum? We're just a bunch of video game nerds!

Alternatively, give them to me so I may nom nom them. Not DMKA!

Leeza
09-07-2008, 03:33 AM
This is an old thread. I'd like to know what it is that you did end up doing. :cat:

qwertysaur
09-07-2008, 04:13 AM
Well we have decided to raise them ourselves, and while it is a lot of work, it's actually a lot of fun. We have begun to ween them from the bottle, and they have learned how to use the litter box already. They love to climb on pants, and love to sit on my knees while I feed them.
They have had a visit to the vet today actually, and they are all healthy, and we are really lucky that they are all still so healthy. We can start adopting them out very soon.

We have found a home for one already. The woman who took one always wanted a kitten, and we gave her the one that is eating solid food and which also happens to be the largest of the kittens. She said she will take it to the vet and keep us informed on how the kitten is doing.

About a week ago we did have a scare when one of them wasn't getting as much milk and had low blood sugar, so we have a sugar supplement to help him along. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow, if the kittens will let me take them. They hate the flash.

DMKA
09-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Well we have decided to raise them ourselves, and while it is a lot of work, it's actually a lot of fun. We have begun to ween them from the bottle, and they have learned how to use the litter box already. They love to climb on pants, and love to sit on my knees while I feed them.
They have had a visit to the vet today actually, and they are all healthy, and we are really lucky that they are all still so healthy. We can start adopting them out very soon.

We have found a home for one already. The woman who took one always wanted a kitten, and we gave her the one that is eating solid food and which also happens to be the largest of the kittens. She said she will take it to the vet and keep us informed on how the kitten is doing.

About a week ago we did have a scare when one of them wasn't getting as much milk and had low blood sugar, so we have a sugar supplement to help him along. I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow, if the kittens will let me take them. They hate the flash.

I awwwwwwww'd. :D

smittenkitten
09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh that's good news! I feel sad that the mother hasn't came back though. :( As long as they and healthy and doing well. Make sure you send them to a loving home and not some psycho who does horrible things to animals. :mad2: Good luck!