PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball!

f f freak
08-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Okay, this is pretty much just a Rant Topic.

So, I was playing Bitzball today, first time since the obligatory game in Luca and I'm now at the Calm Lands. So, I just did an exhibition to get familiar with it again and I went against the Guado Glories. Everything was going alright, only a few minutes into the game and Wakka got stopped by one of the Guado. He had 12 Endurance and the Guado had 8 Attack or whatever. So I do the breakthrough and guess what, the Guado gets it. So when said Guado is near my defense, the defender, Botta, I believe, has 10 Attack and this Guado has 7 Endurance. Botta only does 5 to his Endurance and I was like wtf!?

So just to make this Topic not completely pointless, do the numbers next to the stats have anything to do with calculating stuff or are they just there to?

TheSpoonyBard
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM
AT, BL and CA can vary between 50% and 150% of the on-screen value.

To use your examples

i) 12 EN vs 8 AT = steal

8 AT can range between 4 and 12, so you were just unlucky that time.

ii) 7 EN vs 10 AT = 2 EN

10 AT can range between 5 and 15. Again, you were very unlucky.

f f freak
08-21-2008, 12:44 AM
That is the most retarded thing ever. If it was just one or two points out every time, I wouldn't mind, but 50% to 150% is just ridiculous.

farplaner
08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
In the early matches, yes, but if you build a decent team the games become ridiculously easy. The high variance adds chance to keep things from getting too tedious.

f f freak
08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Okay, so I have another question.
I want to build a decent team so I can get Wakka's ODs. So can anyone tell me some good players and what positions to put them in. If possible, I'd like to know where to find them as well.

Saber
08-28-2008, 11:23 PM
brother, tidas and wakka were my favs.

TheSpoonyBard
08-29-2008, 01:58 PM
If you only want Wakka's overdrives and aren't fussed about keeping a team going, follow this strategy.

Hire the following players

LF: Tidus
RF: Wedge (Luca)
MF: Letty/Zev Ronso (Luca)/Brother (Airship)
LD: Jassu/Zalitz (Luca)
RD: Ropp (Mi'ihen Highroad Travel Agency)
GL: Jumal (Luca)

Hire those players for three matches.
Enter and exit the BB menu until Attack Reels appears as a Tournament prize.
Play the tournament and win Attack Reels.
Reset Data until Status Reels appears as the League prize.
Hire the same players for thirteen matches.
Play the league and win Status Reels.
Enter and exit the BB menu until Auroch Reels appears as a Tournament prize.
Play the tournament and win Auroch Reels.
Reset Data until the Jupiter Sigil appears as the League prize.
Hire the team for ten matches.
Play the league and win the Jupiter Sigil.

Vivisteiner
08-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Okay, so I have another question.
I want to build a decent team so I can get Wakka's ODs. So can anyone tell me some good players and what positions to put them in. If possible, I'd like to know where to find them as well.
You'll take forever if you do that method, because it usually takes ages for the sigil to show up. The matches last too long and become ridiculously easy as well.

What you should do, is get all of Wakka's overdrives. Then, keep resetting the blitzball data until the sigil shows up (its randomly generated). Then, when it shows up recruit Wedge, that goalie in the guado area and some other great people who are available and win the sigil. That way is so much faster. Otherwise, you spend ages playing tournaments which have useless prizes, waiting for it to show up. And thats the only way which allows you to 'skip' tournaments.

The exact method that got me to do that is found in one of the GameFAQs walkthroughs, but there are so many, its hard to know which one it was. I was lucky enough to have stumbled across it.

EDIT: Yeah, MR Burns bassically said what I was saying. I forgot that you have to win the overdrives for wakka as well. So keep resetting, basically.

Markus. D
08-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Biggs and Wedge, ma homedawgs x_x

champagne supernova
08-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I found that the Al-Bhed in the airship are the best players in the game. However, I started playing the game early on, basically straight after Luca, so my team was always gonna be pretty strong.

blackmage_nuke
08-30-2008, 11:41 PM
AT, BL and CA can vary between 50% and 150% of the on-screen value.

To use your examples

i) 12 EN vs 8 AT = steal

8 AT can range between 4 and 12, so you were just unlucky that time.

ii) 7 EN vs 10 AT = 2 EN

10 AT can range between 5 and 15. Again, you were very unlucky.I thought it was always above 4 or below 4. eg if it was 10 at the range would be 14 and 6. Ive never had the stats go more than 4 off the original.

cally777
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
That is the most retarded thing ever. If it was just one or two points out every time, I wouldn't mind, but 50% to 150% is just ridiculous.

Apart from adding to the excitement, if you really want to be tactical, you can take this variation into account. Sometimes it will be impossible for someone to block/tackle you even with the 150% rule. Similarly the 50% can give you hope of beating a strong defender or maybe avoid complacency when defending.

Getting good techs can really shift the balance in yr favour. I sometimes replayed games where I missed the chance of copying an excellent tech (it can be a long time b4 you get the opportunity again).