PDA

View Full Version : Metal.

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 01:21 AM
Out of curiousity, are there any metalheads here on the eoff forums?

DK
08-21-2008, 02:27 AM
A few. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/sickhappy/wacky.gif

Zeldy
08-21-2008, 02:29 AM
ehh, I think I may be a very slight metal head ^_^

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Namely, anybody on here that listens to black metal, death metal, or doom metal?

The bands that have been in very heavy rotation for me lately have been Inquisition, diSEMBOWELMENT, Sargeist, Taake, Immolation, Thergothon, and Windir.

eestlinc
08-21-2008, 02:45 AM
I like this:

\/\/\extreme blackness/\/\/ (http://theblackmetaldialogues.com/it.html)

Roto13
08-21-2008, 02:47 AM
I like Rammstein, but that's about it.

DK
08-21-2008, 02:52 AM
My favourite Metal bands are Enslaved, Moonsorrow, Lykathea Aflame, Nile, Hollenthon, Boris, Sigh and the old Ulver BM albums are awesome as well. But I haven't been in the mood for metal for a while really so I haven't been keeping up with any new bands or albums.

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 02:57 AM
My favourite Metal bands are Enslaved, Moonsorrow, Lykathea Aflame, Nile, Hollenthon, Boris, Sigh and the old Ulver BM albums are awesome as well. But I haven't been in the mood for metal for a while really so I haven't been keeping up with any new bands or albums.

Nice taste. I've seen both Enslaved and Nile live, they were great. Boris, I've never listened to, but I've heard they're more experimental/noise than metal.

DK
08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Some albums are just noise and experimental but they have a couple of albums that is like stoner rock mixed with doom metal which are pretty awesome. Pink is probably the best example of that style, as well as the latest album they did.

Momiji
08-21-2008, 03:05 AM
I used to like Between the Buried and Me and some other metalcore-ish bands, but now I could care less.

Ex-pseudo-metalhead here.

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Ah. I doubt I'd like it, I'm not too big on stoner rock/stoner doom. When it comes down to doom I usually listen to its more extreme forms (i.e. death/doom, funeral doom, etc.)

NeoTifa
08-21-2008, 03:22 AM
i like dimmu borgir a lot!!!!! :hyper: stian is sexy

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 03:29 AM
i like dimmu borgir a lot!!!!! :hyper: stian is sexy

Dimmu Borgir are alright, I haven't listened to them in ages. If you dig them though, you should really check out a band called Limbonic Art. Similar style (symphonic black metal), but so much better.

Encyclopaedia Metallum - Limbonic Art (http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=862)

DMKA
08-21-2008, 03:38 AM
I like Rammstein and Arch Enemy and Rasputina.

And KoRn, shamefully.

Jessweeee♪
08-21-2008, 03:57 AM
I like Rammstein, but that's about it.

Same here :P

My parents pretty much ruined metal for me. They play the same albums over and over at such a loud volume the stuff on my walls shake...so I'll be pretty much listening to the same twelve songs for six months, then they move on to some other band. Metal I had the least tolerance for S:

...but nothing...NOTHING will EVER EVER be worse than their Limp Bizket phase. Oh god. I wanted to die. At one point my mom my dad and my brother were all playing three different Limp Bizkit (I can't remember how it was spelled) songs on different systems >.<

o_O
08-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I'm a metalhead. :p

Some of my favourites would are In Flames, 8 Foot Sativa, Wintersun, Agalloch, Arch Enemy, Old Man's Child, Sonata Arctica and Protest the Hero. I pretty much like all kinds of metal but I'm very partial to Gothenburg, melodic and symphonic death.

Arc_Master_14
08-21-2008, 04:38 AM
All That Remains Plain and simple really

snacks
08-21-2008, 04:50 AM
The Chariot, (old) Poison The Well, BTBAM, Converge, which i guess all of these are more metalcore than anything but regardless.

mike has tossed me some metal now and again, but the links are never valid :(

Ryth
08-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Definite metalhead here. Burzum, Meshuggah, Sigh, Boris, Agalloch, mauldin of the Well, Electric Wizard, Drudkh, Enslaved, Lykathea Aflame, the works. Love the stuff. \m/

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Definite metalhead here. Burzum, Meshuggah, Sigh, Boris, Agalloch, mauldin of the Well, Electric Wizard, Drudkh, Enslaved, Lykathea Aflame, the works. Love the stuff. \m/

BURZUM + DRUDKH. Filosofem and Forgotten Legends (respectively) are great albums. \m/

As for the person who got tortured by an onslaught of Limp Bizkit...

You have my sympathy. :cry: I probably would've went on a murderous rampage or a complete mental breakdown if I ever had to go through that.

The Chariot, (old) Poison The Well, BTBAM, Converge, which i guess all of these are more metalcore than anything but regardless.

mike has tossed me some metal now and again, but the links are never valid :(

I can hook you up.

My links. They are valid. :D

plz use edit button thx! <3

Værn
08-21-2008, 05:59 AM
I heard somebody mention Rammstein! Who said Rammstein?!?!?!
If you like R+, you may also want to check out Eisbrecher if you haven't already.
Also, Richard Kruspe (founder and guitarist of R+) got bored and formed the band Emigrate as a side project. And, Alexx Wesselsky and Noel Pix of Eisbrecher were originally in Megaherz, but split from the band to form their own band. I listen to all four of those bands on a regular basis... plus Apocalyptica... and sometimes Beethoven.

o_O
08-21-2008, 06:00 AM
My links are valid, Scotty. :mad2:

Rengori
08-21-2008, 06:36 AM
I started listening to black metal sometime last year, in the most untr00 way possible, but hey, I love Cradle of Filth's older stuff, I don't care if they're not incredibly kvlt. Anyway, after discovering real black metal stuff like Mayhem and Emperor, I haven't been able to stay away from extreme metal in general. I was also kinda new to guitar so all this challenging and technical music that kicked ass in general was really awesome to me.

Of course, I've gone full circle and started listening to mathcore on the side, but I'll still not be tiring of black metal and death metal anytime soon.

Montoya
08-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I'm a metalhead. :p

Some of my favourites would are In Flames, 8 Foot Sativa, Wintersun, Agalloch, Arch Enemy, Old Man's Child, Sonata Arctica and Protest the Hero. I pretty much like all kinds of metal but I'm very partial to Gothenburg, melodic and symphonic death.

WINTERSUN?! I love you.

I'm a retired metal-head. Favorite bands still are: Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Dorgir, Moonspell, Wintersun, Graveworm, Anorexia Nervosa, Immortal, Children of Bodom, Tristania, and The CNK (:love:)

It's all I would listen to for the past four years, but recently I've been giving other genres of music a chance. I still listen to it more than anything else though.

NeoCracker
08-21-2008, 07:39 AM
I really only listen to Power Metal, though there are a few other metal songs out there I can dig.

Favorite band right now is Kamelot.

Balzac
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
I listen to a lot of metal. Devildriver, Sonata Arctica, Norther, CoB, Wintersun, CoF, Opeth, you name it, I've probably got it. Melodic and Symphonic metal are easily my faves though.

ReloadPsi
08-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I've been classed as one for thinking it's okay for a band to have three guitars in it, mainly because of all the Guilty Gear soundtracks and Iron Maiden I listen to.

So I guess I am one, yeah. I'm learning bass with the sole intention of joining a metal band and breaking the mould of "pedalling the same note over and over" that so many of them seem to embrace. I realise they're not all like that but still...

Balzac
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
You clearlly haven't listened to anything decent then.

ReloadPsi
08-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Well everyone seems to think that's a bassist's role in a metal band. In Maiden that sure as hell ain't the case, but still...

I Don't Need A Name
08-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Metal's always good!
Slipknot, Machine Head, DragonForce, Trivium, Satyricon, Parkway Drive, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Sabbath & Atreyu all take place in my playlists
(yes, i do realise they are all very different metal catagories xD)

kingofallheathens
08-21-2008, 07:06 PM

Well everyone seems to think that's a bassist's role in a metal band. In Maiden that sure as hell ain't the case, but still...

Listen to Cannibal Corpse. The bassist, Alex Webster, is amazing.

Meow
08-25-2008, 08:07 AM
just about every other customer at work who wants to play a guitar is going to plug into a Line 6 amp, crank the E string down to some semblance of drop D, and go chug chugchugchug chug chugchug chug chug chug chugchugchugchugchugchugchug

so I get a little tired of it

Rengori
08-25-2008, 08:30 AM
just about every other customer at work who wants to play a guitar is going to plug into a Line 6 amp, crank the E string down to some semblance of drop D, and go chug chugchugchug chug chugchug chug chug chug chugchugchugchugchugchugchug

All of those things sound incredibly horrible and not like any good metal at all.

Captain Maxx Power
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Metal kicks ass and the whole world knows it. Such favourites of mine include Metallica, Machine Head, Slayer, Pantera, Lamb of God, Cannibal Corpse etc.

Breine
08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not really a metalhead, but many of my friends are and so I get to listen to some metal through them. I don't mind metal at all, in fact I think some of it's really good. Also, I go to Roskilde Festival every year and there's always some metal bands playing there, and so if I have the time some of my metalhead friends are likely to convince me to go see a concert with them. I'm open when it comes to music.

Metal music I like (meaning, I might go buy a record of theirs one day) includes:

Rammstein, Metallica, Iron Maiden etc.

Other than that I've seen bands like In Flames, Zyklon, Killswitch Engage, Deftones, Opeth, Judas Priest and such live, and I generally enjoyed it.

kingofallheathens
08-26-2008, 02:44 AM

Sounds to me like you have a metalcore infestation. Treat as hostile at all times.

Meow
08-26-2008, 04:26 AM
yo dogg dimebag darrell is my hero dude that dude is baad dogg

Rikku_Yuffie_girl
08-26-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm a metal Head!