PDA

View Full Version : Unintentionally funny songs

LunarWeaver
08-21-2008, 02:21 AM
Have you ever heard a song that the artist fully expects you take seriously, but instead you find yourself guffawing?

One such song for me is Janet Jackson's Feedback (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AEBY8AX-C0). In fact, I have decided it is the single funniest thing on this entire planet, slightly beating out people who sign internet petitions.

Yet I cannot stop listening to it, for in its own way it gives me great satisfaction.

eestlinc
08-21-2008, 02:25 AM
That Bulgarian Idol "Ken Lee" song.

Hambone
08-21-2008, 06:51 AM
Never Gonna Give You Up. Hilarious.

Yar
08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
After all that Arrested Development, whenever I hear "Final Countdown," I can't help laughing.

Big D
08-21-2008, 07:02 AM
Linkin Park's Crawling, and all those godawful emo/screamo songs the kids are listening to these days.

Moon Rabbits
08-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Linkin Park's Crawling, and all those godawful emo/screamo songs the kids are listening to these days.

Linkin Park anything.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
08-21-2008, 07:18 AM

I love that song, but they just set themselves up for all the mis-heard lyric videos out there. I can barely tell what he's saying when the chorus comes up.

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/orange-will-not-peel.gif

Um, I'll have to agree with Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give you Up. :)

Kes
08-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Flobots's "Handlebars"

I can tell you all about Leif Eriksen. And I can see your face on my telephone.

Also the line from that one Incubus song that goes "Love hurts, but sometimes it's a good hurt. . ." I don't know what's so funny about it, but it makes me laugh every time.

Rengori
08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Pretty much every Cradle of Filth song after I saw some misheard lyric videos and stopped being able to tell was Dani was really saying and then even songs that didn't have videos I started laughing at. Lolrunonsentence

Shoeberto
08-21-2008, 01:56 PM
"Love In This Club" by Usher. Just listening to the lyrics and visualising it happening is so absurd it cracks me up.

ReloadPsi
08-21-2008, 02:01 PM

That song makes me giggle too. It used to be used on YTMND as a background track to anything sad happening, then along came Untitled by Simple Plan to bugger it all up.

I love that song, but they just set themselves up for all the mis-heard lyric videos out there. I can barely tell what he's saying when the chorus comes up.

"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal" is clearly what he sings, but the liner notes read "Crawling in my skin, consuming what a feel".

Anyway.

Iron Maiden - The Prisoner.

For some reason, when I lipsynch or indeed sing this one, I move as if to be avoiding breathing into the mic. As a result, I start chucking Chocolate Rain lines into it...

Or instead of "Run! Fight! To breathe! It's gonna be tough!" I'll sing "Move! From the mic! To breathe!" etc.

And finally there's that death metal track from Guilty Gear 2: Overture. The title, Worthless As The Sun Above Clouds, is crazy enough but the voice makes me giggle, even more after I made up fake lyrics of my own for it so that I could actually "sing" along to it while I waited for the real lyrics to pop up somewhere...

Under the darkside raging fool
Mineral water
Key aye ham
Burnt face
Devoured flies
And Vega's doomed
Crunchie debt hovercraft
Dirk toy hall spear
That may be constant on the crossroads*
Look at you
What can a deer pretend for
Mineral water
Boar eye ham
Hsu Hao's star sign
I've just got to dial
Hentai rains down
Ollie's gay
Jeff might hold the shark

And that's just the first verse... did I mention the song's actually in English too?

*At this point he's actually saying the song's title. I never caught on.

YouTube - Worthless as the Sun above Clouds - Guilty Gear 2 Overture (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1onX6fBYQ)

Go on, have a singsong! The real lyrics are in the video description.

Pete for President
08-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Lil' Wayne - Lollipop. That song just screams "fake" all over itself.

charliepanayi
08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Limp Bizkit - Rollin'

And My Humps by Black Eyes Peas, a song that tries so hard to be sexy and fails so miserably at it.

NeoCracker
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM
The Clear winner hear is Ice Ice Baby. B)

LunarWeaver
08-21-2008, 09:06 PM
And My Humps by Black Eyes Peas, a song that tries so hard to be sexy and fails so miserably at it.

Oh man, I forgot about that one. That song is mothersmurfing hilarious. I had to get Alanis' joke-cover just because it puts such a spotlight on the lyrics. That is some good fun.

NeoCracker
08-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Wait, since when have the Black Eyed Peas ever made a song that was intended to be Serious?

LunarWeaver
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, I don't think they desire for it to have any comedic effect either. Don't give me your guff CRACKA >:[

NeoCracker
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM
I've heard a lot of their songs, and it seems to me they are just meant to be fun to listen too. :p

LunarWeaver
08-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Mm, I dunno :( They aren't supposed to be serious business or anything, but I think there's a big difference between bobbing your head, enjoying it while listening to it in your car, and laughing at how stupid it is.

NeoCracker
08-21-2008, 09:36 PM
I think they fully intended you to chuckle at least at that one, though I'll conceede that they probably didn't want it to be THAT much of a joke. :p

Remulak
08-21-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm Turning Japanese by the Vapors. Nothing beats jacking off and squinting you're eyes like you're an Asian. Except sex.

Captain Maxx Power
08-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will ever top the the majesty of sheer unintentional hilarity that is Trapped In The Closet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyvzfgxY0kc)

ReloadPsi
08-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will ever top the the majesty of sheer unintentional hilarity that is Trapped In The Closet. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyvzfgxY0kc)

I know exactly how I wanna respond but can't because I'll get censored and forced to talk about poofy blue dudes from a crappy cartoon.

I Don't Need A Name
08-21-2008, 11:06 PM

QFT

Tallulah
08-22-2008, 12:07 AM
The Stylistics -You Make Me Feel Brand New, because a guy I know at karaoke absolutely butchers it!

Also Haddaway - What Is Love. :D

DMKA
08-22-2008, 12:19 AM
"God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood

Rye
08-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey, I legitimately love Never Gonna Give You Up. xD It's funny, but still, I love it.

Um... I'd say Japanese Boy by Aneka!

DMKA
08-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Um... I'd say Japanese Boy by Aneka!

Oh man, that reminds me of that epic thread where everyone posted recordings of themselves singing that song years ago.

o_O
08-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Kanye West's bastardisation of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is pretty hilarious. :p

DMKA
08-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Kanye West's bastardisation of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is pretty hilarious. :p

Oh. no. he. didn't.

EDIT: I was a less depressed human being before hearing that.

Lawr
08-22-2008, 12:55 AM
I SAW YOUR FACE AND WOOW!!

Momiji
08-22-2008, 01:55 AM

Oh. no. he. didn't.

DMKA
08-22-2008, 02:15 AM

Oh. no. he. didn't.

I'm unable to find anything Kanye West does "hilarious". Just sickening.

o_O
08-22-2008, 02:47 AM

Oh. no. he. didn't.

It's funny 'cause he's singing about how he can't pick up a girl and throws a tantrum because of it. :p

Momiji
08-22-2008, 05:36 AM

Oh. no. he. didn't.

It's funny 'cause he's singing about how he can't pick up a girl and throws a tantrum because of it. :p

Oh? I just copied what you said because he took a song I like and turned it into garbage. :monster:

Shoeberto
08-22-2008, 06:05 AM
I'm pretty sure it was a legit collab with Daft Punk (not just sampling). Or at least they were cool with it 'cause they were totally in the video. But yeah I like that song along with the rest of Graduation :(

Momiji
08-22-2008, 06:21 AM
I'm pretty sure it was a legit collab with Daft Punk (not just sampling). Or at least they were cool with it 'cause they were totally in the video. But yeah I like that song along with the rest of Graduation :(

I don't care if it was a collaborative effort or not. The original is superior. :p

Lawr
08-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Work it Make it Do it Makes us Harder Better Faster Stronger.

Work it Harder Make it Better Do it Faster Makes us Stronger.

More than ever Hour after Our Work is Never Over.

Does it help that I know the hand motions for those verses?

Roto13
08-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Work it Make it Do it Makes us Harder Better Faster Stronger.

Work it Harder Make it Better Do it Faster Makes us Stronger.

More than ever Hour after Our Work is Never Over.

Does it help that I know the hand motions for those verses?

Daft Hands (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw)?

Pretty much anything from the 80s is funnier than it was supposed to be. :P Especially anything by a Flock of Seagulls and ESPECIALLY especially anything with a music video.

Lawr
08-22-2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah the thing is, I learned those lyrics from Kanye's Stronger and then I got curious and searched for more and learned some of the hand movements on the original.

Araciel
08-22-2008, 05:45 PM
'Invisible' by Clay Aiken... not only is it hilarious because it's (presumably) about a GIRL, but if you listen to the lyrics, it's the creepiest stalkeriest song ever.

Ko Ko
08-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I SAW YOUR FACE AND WOOW!!

BAHAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing!

Denmark
08-22-2008, 06:55 PM

It took too long for this to be mentioned. Fail.

Let's see:
Rammstein - Feuer Frei! (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/feuer)
Rammstein - Amerika
Wang Chung - Everybody Have Fun Tonight (debatable on whether they intended this to be serious)
Anything by the B-52s
Asia - Heat of the Moment
Boney M. - Rasputin

among others!

scrumpleberry
08-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Boney M. - Rasputin

I actually love that song with all my heart x)

Only unintentionally funny song that has the power to make me lol.

Also I love Never Gonna Give You Up xD

Breine
08-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Boney M. - Rasputin

I actually love that song with all my heart x)

Yeah, that song is great!